[Q] Micro SD Card 64 GB causing apps to misbehave!

Search This thread

Jamesy1976

Jul 27, 2014
Bought a Micro SD HC 64GB Series 10.

Mounts, reads and writes fine but when moving apps from phone memory to the SD card transfers fine, but once I run apps they half load up, then force closes and take me back to home menu. Apps work fine once downloaded and installed to the phone memory.

Is there a problem with my SD card? Bought it second hand and formatted it on the G3 as normal. Not fake by any chance or the way it was originally formatted?

Berzerker7

Jan 17, 2010

Mounts, reads and writes fine but when moving apps from phone memory to the SD card transfers fine, but once I run apps they half load up, then force closes and take me back to home menu. Apps work fine once downloaded and installed to the phone memory.

Is there a problem with my SD card? Bought it second hand and formatted it on the G3 as normal. Not fake by any chance or the way it was originally formatted?
SDCard support is pretty flakey in 4.4. I would just keep apps on the internal storage to avoid issues.

EpicChineseTime

Jan 29, 2014
Genova

Which brand do you have? i'm planning to get the sandisk microsdxc ultra 64gb... (Found it really cheap)

Sent from from my LG-D855

eraursls1984

Sep 8, 2010
Tallahassee, Florida
get sdfix kk writable microsd

If you still have issues after doing this you may need to reformat the microSD card in the phone. I was still having issues saving files to the microSD card from Dolphin Browser after I did the fix, but it seems to be working fine since I reformatted the card. The browser would read the folders on the card, but would give an error message when trying to save to it.

Tectas

Jul 26, 2011

My sd works fine, but I don't use the build in functionality to move apps to the sd, but foldermount instead (root needed).

Which brand do you have? i'm planning to get the sandisk microsdxc ultra 64gb... (Found it really cheap)

Sent from from my LG-D855

Having the sandisc sdxc, works without issues for me.

Sent from my LG-D855