[Game] Helm Knight

Search This thread

The_R

Jan 18, 2011
Not a problem. You don't get the black screen after changing densities now, do you?

iynfynity

Sep 21, 2010
Can you make it not stop moving when attacking with sword?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

The_R

Jan 18, 2011
Yes, I can change the player to be able to move while attacking. However, I always felt that the player stopping to attack was more of a natural behaviour.

Reactions: orlandojumpoff

necrotalis

Sep 11, 2008
bluphys.wordpress.com
Nice game.
knight's movement is really fast when using tilt and in my opinion creating some sort of calibration would improve game play. (Something like slow, medium and fast)
Just a thought :)

Reactions: The_R

The_R

Jan 18, 2011
Nice game.
knight's movement is really fast when using tilt and in my opinion creating some sort of calibration would improve game play. (Something like slow, medium and fast)
Just a thought :)

Do you mean that if you tilt slightly it moves slowly and if you tilt a bit more it moves a bit faster and if you still tilt a bit more it moves the fastest possible speed?

That game is actually kinda cute haha. Is he supposed to be a midget?

Also, how do you plan on monetizing?

Well that is how I intended the character to be. I am only able to draw simple artwork as I am not much of an artist.

I have already put up admob ads in my game but the earnings aren't anything worth being proud of. I cannot sell as yet on Android Market because of Google not enabling Checkout Merchant accounts as yet in my country.

Thanks for taking the time to play and letting me know your thoughts all of you.

Last edited:

:No-Frost:

Sep 4, 2009
Santiago
twitter.com
Nice game :)... Only thing I could notice is that when I press the hit button and I'm moving at the same time, the character stops moving for less than a sec, I have fall in holes more than 3 times already pressing "hit" button in mid air... Character can't reach the other side :(

Reactions: The_R

The_R

Jan 18, 2011
Hey, Thanks for playing the game.

I've just uploaded an update. I've modified the player so that you won't pause while attacking in mid air. Let me know what you think.

TylerBetable

Aug 29, 2011
developers.betable.com
I have already put up admob ads in my game but the earnings aren't anything worth being proud of. I cannot sell as yet on Android Market because of Google not enabling Checkout Merchant accounts as yet in my country.

I've been told that Google is working on making Checkout available everywhere. What country are you based in?

Also, have you thought about adding real-money play into your game? It's an untouched market so far and has the potential to earn 300X more than virtual goods. Check it out here and you're welcome to PM me with any questions

The_R

Jan 18, 2011
Well Google has been working on making Checkout available everywhere since quite a while now, but we haven't seen any results as yet. I'm based in India.

I'll look at your link and let you know if I need more info. Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Helm Knight is a 2D side scrolling action/adventure platformer, named after the helmet-headed protagonist. Help Helm Knight defeat the evil tribe from taking control of the magic crystals and bringing chaos to the lands.

Guide Helm Knight through 15 challenging levels by helping him run, jump, hack, slash and cast magic to avoid the various dangers that await him and secure the crystals to save the lands.

Fight different types of enemies which include goo-monsters, snakes, carnivorous plants, blobs, ice monsters and the evil tribal warriors.

Collect potions to replenish health and magic points.Collect gold coins to unlock spells like fire, poison and snow and make Helm Knight strong enough for the final showdown against the evil lord of the tribals. An option for tilt controls has also been included in case you experience trouble with multitouch on your phone.

ss2.png

ss4.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZe99gMpKmU

Helm Knight is available free on the android market. Please rate and comment.
    Thanks

EDIT:

Market Links:

market://details?id=rnarang.android.games.helmknight

https://market.android.com/details?id=rnarang.android.games.helmknight

EDIT:

GetJar link:

http://www.getjar.com/Helm-Knight
    Nice! Reminds me of retro games...

I just downloaded and tried it on my LG Optimus One...
    It's quite satisfying actually, feels like an Action RPG, although its just a platforming game.

However, its pretty punishing at times -- kinda reminds me of Demon's Souls!! :D

And my phone has a semi-multitouch screen, so... it gets really hard to control, even with the accelerometer..

Anyway..
    Thanks for a great game!

P.S. Gave you a 5-star rating on the Android Market ;)
    My only complaint is that it is pretty hard to see whats coming at you. The overlay of the attack/jump buttons are on the same level as the ground. I see that you can see through them, but I felt that wasn't enough.

I found myself hitting enemies without even knowing they were there, so I found myself moving a little forward and stopping, moving some more and stopping. Which I don't think is how you intended to have the game played.

I would suggest finding a way to handle this, maybe a different layout on the screen, right now it seems the buttons make up 30%+ of my screen(I have a G2). I notice some games make the buttons completely invisible after a time, reasoning being is that you learn where to press the screen. (although those games usually have less buttons then you do).

Overall it was a pretty smooth game, nice graphics and animations. Good job!
    Pretty frustrating game haha.

Could there be checkpoints in the game?

And sometimes when you get hurt and you're flashing, pressing the jump button doesn't execute the jump. I've died a couple of times to this.
    -I gave the game 4 stars its not bad for a free game, but the controls are kinda in the way while playing. It ran flawless on my glacier.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium