Toothless control

Search This thread

Techno Droid

Aug 8, 2011
Chicago
I just recently bought a brand new moto x off contract. Great phone. This should've been the nexus 5. Anyway, I am having a problem with touchless control. Whenever I wake it up by, ok Google now, and hit the back to cancel. It makes the usual sound but with static. I uninstalled the updates since I can't delete it and downloaded it again. It fixed it. I noticed that with just Google search by tapping and canceling the mic, it doesn't give me this problem. Anyone else have this?

Last edited:

piskr

Sep 17, 2007
Sony Xperia 5 IV
Sony Xperia 1 V
I just recently bought a brand new moto x off contract. Great phone. This should've been the nexus 5. Anyway, I am having a problem with touchless control. Whenever I wake it up by, ok Google now, and hit the back to cancel. It makes the usual sound but with static. I uninstalled the updates since I can't delete it and downloaded it again. It fixed it. I noticed that with just Google search by tapping and canceling the mic, it doesn't give me this problem. Anyone else have this?

Don't have that kind of problem. But I've noticed something else: the voice recognition is way too sensitive. Not only that I don't have to say "Ok Google Now" - OK is enough, but sometimes it reacts to my other words too.

pintasmapila

Aug 5, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S20
Don't have that kind of problem. But I've noticed something else: the voice recognition is way too sensitive. Not only that I don't have to say "Ok Google Now" - OK is enough, but sometimes it reacts to my other words too.

I also had this problem, but with time, its less and less often. But if you've setup your voice recognition some time ago, you should try it again and wait a couple of weeks to see if the problem is solved.

Never had any static though. Do you have any third party equalizer of something like that? Also check if you have any open background app that can interfere with your audio.

Techno Droid

Aug 8, 2011
Chicago
Wow didn't realize topic title till now. Toothless. Lol. Auto correct. The voice recognition is very sensitive. Activated by others talking in public.

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
Wow didn't realize topic title till now. Toothless. Lol. Auto correct. The voice recognition is very sensitive. Activated by others talking in public.

Yeah, I was wondering about the 'toothless' :p

I had a similar issue: Touchless control was activating on ambient noise, or even a loud TV. The key was to re-train the launch phrase in a VERY quiet room. My friend trained his X and there was a barking dog next door while he did it. It activated all-the-time, seemingly out of nowhere.

Once we re-trained carefully, in an extremely quiet environment, it no longer activates un-intentionally.

You might give this a shot! To Re-Train, go to Settings > Touchless Control

Reactions: Techno Droid

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yeah, I was wondering about the 'toothless' :p

I had a similar issue: Touchless control was activating on ambient noise, or even a loud TV. The key was to re-train the launch phrase in a VERY quiet room. My friend trained his X and there was a barking dog next door while he did it. It activated all-the-time, seemingly out of nowhere.

Once we re-trained carefully, in an extremely quiet environment, it no longer activates un-intentionally.

You might give this a shot! To Re-Train, go to Settings > Touchless Control