[SOLVED] SGT fails to mount exfat formatted sdcard
I am having difficulty having my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 (P6810) mount my exfat formatted sdcard.
I have :
1. The card is formatted with Windows7 - exfat - "default" allocation
2. compiled my kernel with the recently released Samsung proprietary modules v1.2.4 from Samsung-OSRC)
3. modules are installed successfully to /lib/modules/
4. insmod in my initramfs /sbin/install-script.sh
5. modules are confirmed loaded with android terminal emulator app with
When inserting my freshly exfat formatted 32 MB Lexar C10 sdcard I just get "preparing sdcard" and then "sdcard safe to remove" - no mount
I know the card is fine as having just used it as fat32, and have no other to test with. The card also works well on W7 PC with no issues.
Edit : just tested the card on my I9500 and working great with perseus kernel, so can rule out the card.
Edit 2: There is no reference to exfat etc in my init.rc file, and won't load without adding the insmod to my initramfs /sbin/install-scrpit.sh
Permissions are ok (664) same as the other modules located in /lib/modules folder.
I will try and get hold of a different micro sdcard (other than lexar) just to 100% rule that out.
Maybe the Samsung modules source is just not compatible with my aging P6810 (WiFi) ICS 4.0.4 firmware/source? I can try compile for my P6800 (GSM/3G) JB 4.1.2 kernel and ask a P6800 user to test.
Currently also running my own cooked ICS 4.0.4 ROM
Any help appreciated.
EDIT : Fixed with the suggestion of AndreiLux pushing me in the right direction. Thanks