Search This thread

Heffaklump

Dec 25, 2010
This excellent app just Stoped working after the latest SG3 update. Crashes and asks for Superuser permission all the time. Some times I can open the program but then it usually crashes.
Worked perfectly before my recent phone upgrade...
I also rooted but to no avail :(
The latest version for my phone is XXBLH3

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Aria807

Dec 31, 2010
Dallas
Tried this app last night. No deep sleep at all. I uninstalled it and immediately it had some deep sleep timing recorded on CPU Spy.

Aria807

Dec 31, 2010
Dallas
I think its an issue dependent on your device because I have no deep sleep problems on my gnex with light flow

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Which setting did you use in Light Flow? Lite or Full, and Root version?

I'm on the same rom. Galaxy Nexus is made by Samsung so I figured it be somewhat similar to the GS3.

Nephilim

Aug 16, 2010
Milwaukee
Which setting did you use in Light Flow? Lite or Full, and Root version?

I'm on the same rom. Galaxy Nexus is made by Samsung so I figured it be somewhat similar to the GS3.

I'm using full version, alpha60 trinity kernel. I'll try and be more descriptive when I can get to PC.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

zappoo

Mar 12, 2006
Sydney
I have the international S3.. lightflow generally works great - but i noticed today that when i get an SMS, i get my custom green solid light - but then 5 seconds later it goes off and i get stock blue flashing LED>
i "fixed" it by turning off the Samsung s3 'root' mode - so now i dont get a light whn screen on - but when screen off i get my green solid light, so im happy.

Any ideas why this is happening? Happens on 3.04 and 3.11.. i'm on an international S3 running Siyah 1.6.5 kernel.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what settings need to be enabled for the JB leak on the US AT&T SIII? LightFlow worked pretty well for me on ICS, but since I've started using JB in the past two weeks, it's been as buggy as it was prior to the SIII Root Mode fix from the dev.... Searched around and couldn't find any details on it, sorry if it's already been posted somewhere

eatonjb

Mar 5, 2006
anyone figure out how to stop the wakelock? no matter what i do, no matter if I have notifications or not, the phone will not sleep!

eatonjb

Mar 5, 2006
I appreciated everyone's honesty, but I am looking for a resolution that is not getting rid of the app, or opinions. just a resolution.

andrewpmoore

Nov 21, 2003
Leeds
www.rageconsulting.com
His app sucks its been weeks and no update it holds wake locks he does not respond to emails complete waste of money.

I try to respond to every e-mail I've got sent, so apologies if I've not responded. There was a 2 week spell where I was on vacation where I didn't, but you should have got an auto-response regarding that. Over that period I had just under 1000 emails come in. As a lone developer (who also has a day job) I didn't have chance to catch up on those e-mails.

As for the wakelocks. It's something I'm still looking into. I've not managed to detect where the code isn't releasing them so I'm looking for a little help. Anyone who has this problem and is familiar with adb I'd love to get some reports from you. It is device dependant, and it only happens (as far as I'm aware) with s3's with model numbers: SGH-T999, SGH-I747, SCH-R530, SCH-I535 and SPH-L710

When you've no outstanding notifications and the app is still not releasing wake locks, could you issue the following adb command

adb shell dumpsys alarm > dump.txt

Then post up or e-mail me the results in dump.txt. I've not managed to get back the details I need and this could really help. I've got a version in beta test at the moment that's working much better the most recent build of at&t devices and t-mobile, but still have the issues with verizon and sprint, but they are working better mainly due to fixes that samsung have deployed to those phones meaning I'm not having to do as many dirty hacks to get things working.

Once I get a few reports from the adb shell, hopefully those people will be able to get an updated beta version that try and get the issue fixed. This, improvements to whatsapp notifications and support are what I'm busy doing in any available time I've got.

One last thing, when reporting with the dump.txt, could you let me know which model, kernel and baseband you are running on.

Thanks.

Last edited:

eatonjb

Mar 5, 2006
thank you

in the next few days I will have some time to try it. and do the ADB.. stand by.

justin860

Jul 6, 2011
Connecticut
I try to respond to every e-mail I've got sent, so apologies if I've not responded. There was a 2 week spell where I was on vacation where I didn't, but you should have got an auto-response regarding that. Over that period I had just under 1000 emails come in. As a lone developer (who also has a day job) I didn't have chance to catch up on those e-mails.

As for the wakelocks. It's something I'm still looking into. I've not managed to detect where the code isn't releasing them so I'm looking for a little help. Anyone who has this problem and is familiar with adb I'd love to get some reports from you. It is device dependant, and it only happens (as far as I'm aware) with s3's with model numbers: SGH-T999, SGH-I747, SCH-R530, SCH-I535 and SPH-L710

When you've no outstanding notifications and the app is still not releasing wake locks, could you issue the following adb command

adb shell dumpsys alarm > dump.txt

Then post up or e-mail me the results in dump.txt. I've not managed to get back the details I need and this could really help. I've got a version in beta test at the moment that's working much better the most recent build of at&t devices and t-mobile, but still have the issues with verizon and sprint, but they are working better mainly due to fixes that samsung have deployed to those phones meaning I'm not having to do as many dirty hacks to get things working.

Once I get a few reports from the adb shell, hopefully those people will be able to get an updated beta version that try and get the issue fixed. This, improvements to whatsapp notifications and support are what I'm busy doing in any available time I've got.

One last thing, when reporting with the dump.txt, could you let me know which model, kernel and baseband you are running on.

Thanks.

Sorry For bashing your application I just have not been able to use it since I paid for it because of the wakelocks and taking away 50% of my battery life because of one application is not acceptable. Did get the auto responded e-mail that you are on vacation but have not seen any updates or anything since I wrote that e-mail a while ago. Had I not paid for the help I wouldn't really care because it would be free but since I did pay for it is why I am upset that I am unable to use it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Earthdog

Mar 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Not sure what your issue is with Wakelocks. I am sunning Wanna ROM and Faux123 Kernel and zero issues for close to 2 months since Andrew got out the test version and release. I find 3.1 a great build waiting on the next one.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lol. make sure 'TalkBack' is disabled, and just 'Light Flow' is enabled

Good news, it seems like the battery drain issue has been identified and fixed (it's been confirmed to be fixed by a few beta testers).

For the talkback issues the only options at the moment seem to be either use an alternative launcher, use an app like "app folder" instead of the default ones, or not use folders.
    Can people report this issue to samsung as it happens for all apps that switch on accessibility (takser, llama, pops, missedIt and many more)?

Hopeing for a release within the week.
    Not practical to be running all the time.
    If you've figured out a way to do that for an app that is capable of intercepting all of your notifications, please email the developer as I'm sure he would be interested in understanding how that's done. In the meantime, I'm perfectly fine with the 15MB of RAM being consumed on my phone, considering all that this app does for me.
    Great App!!! I hope this is not answered yet but I have a question though, I would like to know where the backup file is saved when I create a backup of the settings? It will be very helpful to know where it's saved (add it to the FAQ) or let us select where we want to save it (it would be great to have it in the external memory, as I think it's now stored in the internal one).

Thanks again!

It's stored onto your sdcard (or virtual sdcard on devices without one), then just a /lightflow directory. You should see the file names matching the backup names. The file can be read in a text editor.

I'll add it to the faq. The app itself uses an internal stored version of the settings, but the backup is external to allow you to transfer or keep a history.
    Light Flow has been updated. You can now flash all colors of LEDs and not just the red and blue. Non rooted users now have support also.
    Any fix for the stupid folder open folder closed talking bug and no I cannot turn off tts I use it in other apps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I wish.

Here's my standard response!
    This seems to be an ICS/Samsung bug. It happens for some people and also with other apps that use the accessibility service such as Tasker, Llama and others.

Try the following that I've just been posted someone has tried:
    For those who wants to try it do the following with your Samsung S3: - Go to Settings -> Accessibility -> Talkback "ON" - Select "Settings" from the bottom of the page - Uncheck all Talkback options - Switch Talkback "Off" again - Go back to Settings -> Application manager -> All - Disable Google TTS (text to speech) - Disable Samsung TTS (text to speech)

I've reported this to samsung's research and development team and I've been told their development team is looking into it.
    It doesn't happen with phones on ICS from other manufacturers.

I am still looking into ways around it though.