[NIGHTLIES][4.4.2]CyanogenMod 11.0 for AT&T HTC One - m8

Search This thread

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Anybody happen to be building this themselves? I have a custom ROM I'd like to build for the M8 that's cm11 based but as I don't personally own the device I can't extract the blobs to update the make files. If someone did that and could get me the updated vendor/htc/m8 directory and the device/htc/m8 directory as well I would be more than willing to build for it. It's loaded with features. My s2 tester updated to the M8 @razen_kain so I have someone who can test and also give info about the current work of the ROM. Thanks and let me know guys. Someone who actually knows what I'm talking about would be preferable but if you have the device and a current CM11 repo setup I can walk you through it if necessary

Reactions: razen_kain

sepherian

Feb 21, 2011
Anybody happen to be building this themselves? I have a custom ROM I'd like to build for the M8 that's cm11 based but as I don't personally own the device I can't extract the blobs to update the make files. If someone did that and could get me the updated vendor/htc/m8 directory and the device/htc/m8 directory as well I would be more than willing to build for it. It's loaded with features. My s2 tester updated to the M8 @razen_kain so I have someone who can test and also give info about the current work of the ROM. Thanks and let me know guys. Someone who actually knows what I'm talking about would be preferable but if you have the device and a current CM11 repo setup I can walk you through it if necessary

Im building it right now, aren't you able to just take the blobs from the .zip of this CM ROM? You can edit the extract-files.sh to take from a extracted zip instead of pulling it. If that doesnt work I can just upload some .zip files for ya.

Reactions: rogersb11

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Im building it right now, aren't you able to just take the blobs from the .zip of this CM ROM? You can edit the extract-files.sh to take from a extracted zip instead of pulling it. If that doesnt work I can just upload some .zip files for ya.

I did that but error city. It was missing files, had to edit prop.txt to remove something as i'm sure you know and pull another manually from themuppets but no matter what it stops less than a minute in with this make: *** No rule to make target `/home/brett/android/custom/out/target/product/m8/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libqdutils_intermediates/export_includes', needed by `/home/brett/android/custom/out/target/product/m8/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libsurfaceflinger_intermediates/import_includes. Added nothing but m8 stuff and it screwed my repo. You get this?

Edit: fixed that. Be nice if cm would fix recovery and system/core. Only been broken a week now. Getting a galloc error tho in surface. CPP. Feel like I shouldn't be getting any of these errors since I pulled the htc repo with breakfast. Am I missing something here? Built for 6 other devices without a single issue

NEVERMIND. same thing make: *** No rule to make target `/home/brett/android/custom/out/target/product/m8/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libqdutils_intermediates/export_includes', needed by `/home/brett/android/custom/out/target/product/m8/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libsurfaceflinger_intermediates/import_includes'. Stop.

Last edited:

johnhazelwood

Oct 7, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5
I'm not sure calling the people doing the work you are going to use idiots is the best use of oxygen. Just sayin.

I did that but error city. It was missing files, had to edit prop.txt to remove something as i'm sure you know and pull another manually from themuppets but no matter what it stops less than a minute in with this make: *** No rule to make target `/home/brett/android/custom/out/target/product/m8/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libqdutils_intermediates/export_includes', needed by `/home/brett/android/custom/out/target/product/m8/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libsurfaceflinger_intermediates/import_includes. Added nothing but m8 stuff and it screwed my repo. You get this?

Edit: fixed that. Be nice if cm would fix recovery and system/core. Only been broken a week now. Idiots. Getting a galloc error tho in surface. CPP. Feel like I shouldn't be getting any of these errors since I pulled the htc repo with breakfast. Am I missing something here? Built for 6 other devices without a single issue

NEVERMIND. same thing make: *** No rule to make target `/home/brett/android/custom/out/target/product/m8/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libqdutils_intermediates/export_includes', needed by `/home/brett/android/custom/out/target/product/m8/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libsurfaceflinger_intermediates/import_includes'. Stop.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I'm not sure calling the people doing the work you are going to use idiots is the best use of oxygen. Just sayin.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

hahaha. Touche, touche. I don't actually think they are idiots as they don't get this error I'm sure lol just extremely irritated since I wiped my cache of a good build for a different device and I could just be doing work instead of wasting the last 3 hours getting nothing done but irritation. Just don't understand why after a week recovery and system core still have to have a commit reverted to build. I LOVE Cyanogenmod, basically the only aosp ROM I will run so I def don't actually think they are idiots, only should have waited a few more minutes before I posted.

slicetwo

Sep 23, 2012
www.radioactivesandwich.com
Howdy y'all

Im considering updating to the M8 from my GSIII. I'm curious as to how the M8 and CM11 get along. Is there anything that the M8 stock offers that I'd be really missing out on?

Thanks!

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Notice: Improvements to 10 Post Rule
A New Q & A thread has been created in the Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting Sub-Forum, for This Topic.
New Discussion and Q & A Tabs have also been created, located just under threads Title when viewing in a Browser.
Posts from members with less than 10 posts will automatically be posted in the new Q & A thread.
Please check it out, and see if you can help out someone with a question about this Topic.
For more about this new feature see: Improvements to 10 Post Rule

Reactions: fuzz_33594

19fonzy

Dec 18, 2010
Bakersfield, CA

Attachments

• 1414455832967.jpg
    1414455832967.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 758

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 11.0 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

This is the official Nightly Build of CM11.0 for the AT&T HTC One (M8).

To hear about the latest updates and changes to CyanogenMod as a whole, please follow +CyanogenMod on Google+!
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Installation Instructions
    1. You must unlock your bootloader via htcdev.com (unless ofc you are on the dev edition or S-Off)
    2. You must have a custom recovery installed
    3. Go to http://get.cm/?device=m8 and download the latest CM11.0 nightly.
    4. Locate 4.4 Gapps via a quick Google search.
    5. Fully wipe your device from Recovery if you are not coming from CM11.0 already.
    6. Reboot into recovery and install.

Changelog

Huge thanks:
    invisiblek, toastcfh, deck, interloper, Flinny - Great team to work with for the HTC M8 device family.

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 11.0 for AT&T HTC One - m8, ROM for the AT&T HTC One (M8)

Contributors
    h8rift, invisiblek, deck, toastcfh, interloper, Flinny
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2014-05-07
    Last Updated 2014-06-17
    Why are u quoting me on some old s.hit lol?? That was the ONLY post I made about that, AND when I did at that point it hadn't been reported repetitiously as it is now. Fix the led notification on AOKP so that you have the option to leave it on and get off my case. CM has that working just fine.

1.) Because I can. Also because I've seen your repetitious posts in all the other threads and thought you needed some guidance.

2.) There's no need to fix anything in led notifications because they work as they should. CM and AOKP are two totally different ROMs if you couldn't figure that out. AOKP LED options/code are different from CMs also. Go on and look at the source if need be. You can go ahead and add the option if you'd like. You must be seeing how many g+ communities and/or XDA threads you can post this in.

3.) I was never on your case. I was passing along information. You for some weird reason thought that the appropriate response was through your emotions. Not my fault nor is it anything I can control. Chill out dude.
    First nightlies go out tonight, so you wont find it in the list right now. You'll see it in a few hours :).

* Dot Cover sleep/wake working
    * Double-Tap to Wake coming
    * Dot Cover view coming
    When I go to the get.cm page, I don't see any downloads. Is it just me or has it not completed the upload?

they should be live soon!