Mobogenie_1501.apk downloads by itself

Search This thread

lucalunardi

Mar 13, 2013
Lajeado
So, after almost a month I got this freaking annoying app showing up again. I swear I would set mobogenie servers on fire. For now all I can and am going to do is to make sure nobody near me will ever install any app from them. Course you mobogenie!

Sent from my phone using the "Send" button.

wicked1683

Jun 12, 2012
This is getting worst! Can't Google do anything about this? Block popup window you don't want! Like popup blocker of Mozilla Firefox in Windows! This is the worst Adware I ever encountered! I'm browsing random website and I dont want this F#$%ng Mobogenie!!!!

Reactions: AbhishekS

lucalunardi

Mar 13, 2013
Lajeado
Let us all give 1 star on their app on the Play Store.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I agree and already did that.

Suggestion:

Copy and paste the coment below on the mobogenie app store. ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobogenie.markets )

Dear mobogenie team.

We users are really annoyed by your move of pushing your Mobogenie_1501.apk to our phones without our explicit consent. Using this as advertise is really backfiring on you. Please reconsider you advertising policy and fix this ASAP. Check XDA thread (showthread.php?t=2523379) for more info.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: AbhishekS

wabmorgan

May 4, 2011
I have it as well. In my case I didn't install it. It is though still trying to download itself.

I do know it is being "pushed" from

"http://upload.voga360.com/mu/android/release/10/1_0_4/mobogenie_1541.apk"

I suspect it is stuck in the browser cache. I suspect it was a false download link on the page linked to the googlemail 4.7 apk download link.

I am glad I didn't install this.

I hate ads.

Last edited:

PaTrIcKbUsT

Dec 13, 2013
I think its because they promoted their product by monetize it

I think some of their partner spam it coz they monetized it and that makes them downloading automatically like the virus adware in PC they display adware to earn money..:D But their products are safe I use it still now. I dont get some malwares in it, and they have some free paid apps.but i had some problems .when i download something i noticed that my PC runs slow and slow internet connection...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::mad::mad::mad::mad:

hvguy

Sep 11, 2008
I too just got this, i was browsing rule34 ( yeah yeah, id rather be honest in where it originated) I was on chrome on my evo4g lte, and after clicking a link to the next page it popped up a page in chrome, and immediately opened the factory internet browser and downloaded com.mobogenie_b38e33edd93c7c2a78c37403b176b249_e2c4w2c4b4v203.apk the file says it originated from mmtrkar.com however when I go there its a blank page, when I use the about me function from i forget where, it says the website is blocking bots and it cannon retrieve any info, so I goto figure out who owns it and its a little fishy that it was recently registered on Nov 20th 2013. http://whois.domaintools.com/mmtrkar.com

:eek:

Last edited:

pacorola

Nov 19, 2013
Mobogenie

l have been experiencing this too. Annoying redirections that prompt to the download or worse, pop ups That no matter what I click Keep on trying to download it. For more Info, pop up header says "ads.blueads.com".

Maybe there is a way to block it using hosts file?

pacorola

Nov 19, 2013
hosts file edit solves it

It's definitively an ad problem, so I installed adaway (needs root) and... Voliá! No more annoyance, tested on ps disasters.com (there I would always be redirected) and other sites. Bottomline, now I'm 2 full days clean of mobogenie ad-crap and counting!

Last edited:
Reactions: cabtouch

hugo_prado

Aug 27, 2009
Poá/SP
I have reported the app on google play, explaining on the the objection field.
Its ridiculous, I had 4 copies of this apk on my download folder.

L4ky

Aug 19, 2012
After some testing it looks like it's in some way linked to AdSense. After disabling it the popups stoped.

Can someone who have a website with adsense and this download prompt verify this?

It happen to me sometimes, i think there are some ad on some website which ask for downloading it. Chrome always ask me if i want to download it, i deny.

wicked1683

Jun 12, 2012
This is happening on both stock and chrome browser.. Why cant we do anything about this if not rooted and install adaway? Is google aware of this and not doing anything about this?

Weird, this is happening in how many months now... And no official solution to block this addware?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

After I reflashed android ROM to stock 4.3, rooted, restored my apps with TiBackup (done that process thousands of times) something strange happened.

Now from time to time file Mobogenie_1501.apk downloads by itself. I didn't open it (just in case). I delete it from downloads folder and after a day it downloads again (I can see that in notifications).

I didn't install anything unusuall except http://download.chainfire.eu/351/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.65.zip. Everything else - the stuff from Google Play I used for ages.

What is this Mobogenie_1501.apk?
    some other symptoms associated to mobogenie_1501.apk download

I've noticed that since this persistent download has started on my Galaxy s4 there's also another strange thing. The phone is slower, the system crashed several times and the process com.google.process.gapps is often reported as blocked. I've found it under Google Services in Application Manager/Active at the bottom as one of the processes.

Does it help?
    Hi,

After I reflashed android ROM to stock 4.3, rooted, restored my apps with TiBackup (done that process thousands of times) something strange happened.

Now from time to time file Mobogenie_1501.apk downloads by itself. I didn't open it (just in case). I delete it from downloads folder and after a day it downloads again (I can see that in notifications).

I didn't install anything unusuall except [had to remove it] Everything else - the stuff from Google Play I used for ages.

What is this Mobogenie_1501.apk?

Hi bat0nas and every one here,
    I work for Mobogenie.com
    we really apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, We have noticed that some users are getting Pop-up for Downloading Mobogenie in many websites and other sources, We found that there was some technical issues happened from our promotional partner and we are trying to fix the issue at the earliest. Thanks for your feedback…!
    If you face any other issue regarding to Mobogenie then Report us those spamming websites to support@mobogenie . com

Our official website is www . mobogenie . com

Regards

Team Mobogenie
    It showed up randomly for me. I got it while browsing a bunch of sites such as Xda, android police, nasa, space.com and some others. I got the download request even while browsing through Flipboard.

As you can see in the previous posts others report a bunch of other sites too.

I stopped receiving the download request after I deactivated all personalized ads from my google account ( and deactivated the RootPA.apk on my system

I'm not sure wich solved the issue but I sorted it out myself long before you guys show up here...

Thank you very much Lucalunardi this information will really help. and as per me i think Deactivating the personalized ads may have done the trick for you. Because its just the ads that are causing this.

Thanks once again Lucalunardi

Regards

Team Mobogenie
    Looks like a great way to promote your app ;) And then: oh sorry it's an accident :D