Google Map Free voice Navigation for non supported country

Search This thread

mzakirh

Nov 4, 2007
Bangalore
Latest Map 6.10 updated to OP for root users.
Type 1 tested Working fine.
, first time may get Fcs,and and app name will be unknown location, Enable location reporting from main screen of application and reboot device.

Hi Doc,
Trying to download type 1 n 2 since last night..unsuccessfull each time. Pl.look into this. :(

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

navaskp

Feb 23, 2012
jeddah
No other mirror? Its almost impossible to download from both the hosts

Otherwise you need a premium account.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

sangalaviral

Aug 30, 2008
New Delhi
As soon as i uninstall the app using titanium backup. And copy the maps.apk and set permission the icons for maps or unknown application are not present

aelsharawi

Oct 22, 2006
I failed by any means to install on HTC legend with cm 7 based ROM

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda app-developers app

aelsharawi

Oct 22, 2006
I've been using this mode version for long time and successfully installed it on galaxy tab, however I can't install it on HTC legend, I think it is the Arm 6 processor is the problem however the stock app works

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda app-developers app

NaveenKD

Feb 15, 2012
Bangalore
Re install map from market
Clear cache, and uninstall. Remove street view also
and try installing type 2 like regular appl
many thime this weired issue happens b'coz of presence of cache.

After multiple iterations, i was succesful in installing type 2 apk. Thanks

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

boboev

Jul 25, 2011
Sofia
Damn, I have just downloaded Option 1 file from the mirror, installed by instructions, rebooted, tested Navigation, got happy how nice it works and....5 minutes later Google Maps automatically updated itself from market to v 6.10.0 but build 610002003, whereas the one I have downloaded was build 610002002. How unlucky, eh :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Google Map Free voice Navigation in non supported country

Must Read before install

This is same as you having stock google map application, but here in this application there won't have restriction to use navigation in certain country. (Thanx to Ownhere n Brut All)

How to Install :
    First I am showing you some basic things, read it carefully to avoid installation failure

There is three types of files for installation, you have to Install any of One only,

What is difference between three?
    Nothing, all are installing same application, but the method of installation is different.

Tyes :
    1. No installation need
    2. resigned
    3. changepnp

First two types requires ROOT,

Why root is needed ?

First two types of files actually replacing stock google map, stock map is a system application, here Root is needed to uninstall stock application. System application cant be uninstall without Root

While third type don’t reuires Root

Why so? B’coz third application not replacing your stock map, when you install third type, after installation you will get double icon each for latitude, Map, place and navigation. When you have to use it for navigation to restricted country, you have to use newer application, stock application still works as it is.

Now Exact instruction for installation.

For Type 1 .
    You need Root,
    - Uninstall map with system appl remover or titanium backup (or whatever support syst app removal). Before un installation you need to remove cache n clear data .(setting – application – all – Map – clear cache n data)
    - Uninstall street view if you have installed

- Now use root explorer, n copy file maps.apk (download type1 n rename maps.apk) and place into system/app directory
    - Change permission rw r r
    - Restart device
    You can see map installed to your device, now you can install street view from market

For Type 2 :
    You need Root,
    - Uninstall map with system appl remover or titanium backup (or whatever support syst app removal). Before un installation you need to remove cache n clear data .(setting – application – all – Map – clear cache n data)
    - Uninstall street view if you have installed
    - Now you can install map.resigned.apk as routine way you install other applications.

If you get error application not install, then install it from market, repeat all steps mentioned above. Many time it may need to clear cache 1-2 time

For type 3 :
    Easiest, nothing technique requires, just install map.changepnp.apk as routine application and you are ready to Navigate..

For Type 4
    Copy file to SD card, and flash with CWM, Dont use stock recovery. as well must be on safe kernel

Note : In case of type 1 n 2, you will still gets update from market when newer version released, If you update it, World navigation. will be lost.
    This Navigations requires active data connection.Yes U can pre cache map area with wifi before travelling to reduce data consumption but still it need data connection.

Download :
    Type 1 - Map 6.14.1 - Mirror - Mirror2
    Type 2 - Map 6.14.1 - Mirror - Mirror2
    Type 3 - Map 6.5.0
    Type 4 : 6.14.1 Flashable zip - flash with recovery(must be on safe kernel) - Mirror - Mirror2 - Mirror 3

Combo Download
    Type 1-4 (version as above)
    Updated to latest 6.12.0
    6.9.0 Added to OP
    What's New

What's in this version:
    * Save maps for use offline

Edit :
    This is just blunder, there is no real offline navigation, it still needs active data connection. I think that is for very limited region only. yes precache map is better.
    Same complaints and review there on market too.
    Anyway still better for using online as it is.
    Latest Map 6.10 updated to OP for root users.
    Type 1 tested Working fine.
    , first time may get Fcs,and and app name will be unknown location, Enable location reporting from main screen of application and reboot device.
    Sure will try my best to keep thread live.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium