[ROM][GB] LXdroid ROM 0.2 with BeatsAudio, xLoud, Bravia Engine

Search This thread

DorkyDev

Aug 22, 2008
Atlanta
Google Pixel 6a
After changing the DPI with DPI Changer it appears to say that I am no longer rooted. Anyway to get back to being rooted again? LoL

Lucky Patcher didn't work IDK if it's cause my DPI isn't at 240 like LP suggests or cause I am now unrooted.

deysmacro

Jan 6, 2012
just reflash the rom... be sure to wipe cache and dalvik cache and fix permission.. that should make you rooted again..

Reactions: Lexmazter

ammujee

Oct 25, 2008
Hyderabad
After changing the DPI with DPI Changer it appears to say that I am no longer rooted. Anyway to get back to being rooted again? LoL

Lucky Patcher didn't work IDK if it's cause my DPI isn't at 240 like LP suggests or cause I am now unrooted.

Did you updated your Busybox?

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk 2

DorkyDev

Aug 22, 2008
Atlanta
Google Pixel 6a
Doesn't show up as being installed and when I go to download it in Play it says my device isn't supported.

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

Okay after I reapplied the patch in LP to Play I don't get the "Your device is not support" banner anymore.

Now onto rerooting it.

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

Okay after reapplying the patch to google play and then downloading busybox again, it appears that I rooted again according to Go TaskManager cause now I am able to remove apps from boot where-as before it told me I had to be rooted and root explorer works and shows me everything I'd see if I was rooted.

Last edited by a moderator:

DorkyDev

Aug 22, 2008
Atlanta
Google Pixel 6a
Yea hopefully it stays that way this...

Now if I can just find a good source of bootup sounds for android.

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

I noticed that theres data/local/boot

Do I just move it to local and leave the boot folder alone?
1. ADB
Navigate to the folder containing "bootanimation.zip" in terminal/command prompt.
Type the following
Code:
adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local
Then to test, set your device so display is in landscape (will not display properly if you have it on portrait and test it but will display fine either way on boot)
Code:
adb shell bootanimation
2. Root Explorer
Copy "bootanimation.zip" to your SD card
On your Streak open up Root Explorer (or any other app that allows you to copy paste to the internal memory)
Copy "bootanimation.zip" and paste it to /Data/Local

3. Terminal Emulator
thanks nickshertzer, his directions are for drop box but can easily be manipulated for simply copying the bootanimation.zip to your SDcard
Code:
su 
cp /sdcard/dropbox/bootanimation.zip /data/local/ 
reboot

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

Weird when I open up root explorer and the say data/local/ it doesn't show anything in it... Is that normal?

deysmacro

Jan 6, 2012
i think you are a bit wrong there...

bootanimation.zip usually at > \system\media

same applies to boot sound android_audio.mp3 > \system\media

DorkyDev

Aug 22, 2008
Atlanta
Google Pixel 6a
Sweet found the Dell Streak Rainbow/Wave/Spash flash loop in landscape mode only problem was when boot animation came time the dell logo was flipped upsidedown, so I rotated all the images in the correct way to match the lil dell logo before the animated screen.
stock_loop_10762.gif

If anybody wants it...
http://www.mediafire.com/?brm4qa5adj5e6fb
No need to unzip anything, just copy and move...

deysmacro

Jan 6, 2012
nice... :D

tho i usually turn off boot animation for 5 seconds boot time savings :p

it is rumored that the flipped dell logo is because the developer done it for the revenge because dell stop supporting streak.. :D

DorkyDev

Aug 22, 2008
Atlanta
Google Pixel 6a
nice... :D

tho i usually turn off boot animation for 5 seconds boot time savings :p

it is rumored that the flipped dell logo is because the developer done it for the revenge because dell stop supporting streak.. :D
haha! Gotta love revenge ware!! LoL J/K'ing... It annoyed me my OCD was like "No no no that's wrong doesn't match, MUST FIX" so I went in and edited it. LMAO

---------- Post added at 01:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

Now if I can get audio to work I'd be a happy camper, I done everything from downloading the android_audio.mp3 over again and moving it with root explorer and even tried turning it on through terminal. It just doesn't wanna make any sound.

deysmacro

Jan 6, 2012
try looking at longhorn 2.9.1

the boot sound works... maybe you can figure out how... i already know how but its better you do your own homework :D
its quite easy actually ... :D

deysmacro

Jan 6, 2012
you have to check init.streak.post_boot.sh if i not mistaken...

there is entry for boot sound ... or try digging a little bit more...

DorkyDev

Aug 22, 2008
Atlanta
Google Pixel 6a
you have to check init.streak.post_boot.sh if i not mistaken...

there is entry for boot sound ... or try digging a little bit more...
Tried searching "enable bootsound in init.streak.post_boot.sh " but I'm lost! haha found the file in etc...

---------- Post added at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 AM ----------

Found and fixed, had to also move android_audio.mp3 to data\local\boot\

cwiggler

Jan 13, 2007
battery drains so fast and fc on the first bootup.

Hi everyone,

here's my experienced with the ROM when I installed it this morning.

battery is 100% upon installing the ROM.

Followed all procedures except I didn't flash the baseband. My Baseband version is GAUSB1A134700-EU

First time the ROM boots up, I encountered force close on the launcher, so I had to force reboot then it went to normal.

speed is nice and i could see huge improvement compare to my previous ROM PCM7 and Longhorn 2.9.3.

onething I observed is that it is a battery intensive, now I need to charge my phone because it is already low battery.

2 applications installed, GO power widget which I already set to conserve power, then GO SMS pro.

what seems to be the problem why my battery drain so fast? is it because that I didn't flash the BB to what is suggested?

but aside from that overall performance is good with a one time big time FC on my first bootup.

thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This ROM features a stable enviroment [the most stable tested by me so far], with the least number of bugs (with 366BB), and probably one of the best performances.

Features:
    This ROM provides a default Portrait screen, it also has as the stock theme - TouchWizzedB (It looks like the Samsung ROM's, don;t know why i like it)
    It features BeatsAudio, Bravia Engine and xLoud,
    IIt provides a bootanimation and sound provided by Madhacker.
    (if the bootsound is not on and you really want it, enter in terminal enablebootsound)
    It also provides as the default launcher - GO Launcher Ex.
    You can add [highlight]software[/highlight] capacitive buttons in the taskbar - thanks to nom051205 < Zip below :)
    It was tweaked for daily use.​

Skype has not been fully fixed, but i found a workaround, after rebooting, call someone, or a number like 444 then close, it should work, tested multiple times and it worked, i'm going to try and make a script to get rid of this step. (sometimes it works without doing a thing, so i think it is about luck :))

Also, skype seems to leave the speaker on after singning out creating a huge battery drain, if you experience this kind of issue please remove your Skype and install this one, then go to advanced settings (in skype) > sound settings > disable sign-in/out sounds and Force speaker off after calls.

With those workarounds provided above, you should have a seamless experience with Skype..

FAQ:
    Q: Does it have USSD fix/Gapps/Phoenix Kernel?
    Yes

Q: Is the WiFi stable?
    With 366BB i have no problems with WiFi stability.

Q: Do i have to do a full factory reset if i come from other CM7 ROM?
    No, just wipe dalvik cache, full factory reset is a must if you come from DSC/FroYo/Official 2.3.3.

Q: How do i flash 366BB?
    You put your device in Fastboot, connect the USB and use a tool provided here or here.

Q: I can't install the ROM! Installation Aborted! (yeah, yeah, this is not a question..)
    Open the zip file then you will see a folder, go into the folder, select all (meta.inf; system; boot.img) and re-zip those files and name it LXdroid 0.x.zip then flash it.

Credits to nom051205 for using his post almost copy-paste.

Q: What's wrong with Swype? It just FC's?
    Install it manually, this should do the trick, you can find swype.apk in a link below.

Bootsound/Bootanimation Script Commands

Terminal commands for scripts:

enablebootsound - enables bootsound
    bootsoundoff - turns bootsound off
    bootsoundon - turns bootsound on after being turned off
    newbootsound - /sdcard/android_audio.mp3 is copied as new bootsound
    newbootanim - /sdcard/bootnanimation.zip is copied as new boot animation

(Probably you need to type su before those scripts, just saying...)

Credits go here.

Note: This is my first ROM, feedbacks and head-ups/tips would be welcomed in order to tweak it further.
    --Added Screens for those who want to see something :)

You can upgrade to higher versions of LXdroid ROM without losing your data, just wipe Dalvik Cache!
    LXdroid ROM 0.2 is provided as standalone flashable zip, it doesn't need 0.1 in order to work.

Download link: LXdroid ROM 0.2

Download link LXdroid ROM 0.1 (old, useless, not needed)

Download link swype.apk

Hotfixes for LXdroid 0.2 for Autobrightness FC and xLoud and Bravia permissions found here!

Quick tutorial aka Roadmap to a Custom ROM
    -Download ADB/Fastboot tools + Drivers from here. (You need to install the drivers before you begin).
    -Download MultiRecoveryFlasher from here.
    -Download MultiBasebandFlasher from here or download dsp and baseband flasher by n0p and StreakOwner from here.
    -Download a custom ROM like DSC (most stable in my opinion), Longhorn or, the one provided here.

Now let's get started for real!

1-Install the drivers.
    2-Put your streak in fastboot by turning the phone off and after that powering on by holding down volume + power button.
    3-Open MultiRecoveryFlasher and flash StreakMod recovery. Reboot.
    4-Put your streak again in fastboot.
    5-Open MultiBasebandFlasher and flash 366BB or the script provided alternatively (does the job all by itself :)). Reboot.
    6-Enter Recovery by turning the phone off and then powering on holding up volume + down volume + power button.
    7-Select "Software upgrade via Update.pkg on Sd Card"
    8-A Dell logo and an attention will appear, press power button once to show the menu.
    9-Hit advanced to mount sdcard via PC, so the SD card will appear in you PC via recovery.
    10-Copy the ROM you downloaded to the sdcard (preferably to root).
    11-Hit back in recovery, choose install sdcard updade.zip, then choose zip from sdcard, browse for your zip, and hit the camera button then select yes.
    12-After the installation is completed, hit back to the main screen of the recovery, and choose wipe data/factory reset, then wipe cache partition, then choose advanced, wipe dalvik cache, wipe battery status.
    13-(It is recommended to reboot again and do a factory reset from the dell recovery, White Letters)
    14-The system will take some time to boot up, but you are done, enjoy your custom ROM.​
    -------------------------------In my opinion the fastest and easiest way to get a custom ROM--------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer:

This ROM was made primarly for my personal use, it provides elements from all over this Forum, Credits section thanks personally all and i thank more of them that are not listed there, it is based on CM7.2 mdpi by hPa, it has elements from Longhorn and others, as always do a nandroid backup just in case, and don't blame me for ruining your beloved streak, although i don't think you can :).

Credits:
    The people/teams that inspired me to do this:

-DSC Team / n0p - Kernel and many Tweaks.
    -hPA - For porting CM7 to streak.
    -Tenorntex - Some tweaks imported from Longhorn, dialing screen theme.
    -nom051205 - Soft-Buttons flashable zip :)
    -Madhacker - Bootanimation and sound.
    -xda Forum - For a great enviroment, other ideeas and tweaks.
    -Google - Great search engine, thanks for the Android OS :)
    -Others :)

--If you want credits for something i have in my ROM and i forgot about you, please let me know and i will update this :)--
    I provided here a fixed framework that removes the Reboot Recovery and fixes Autobrightness, this was originally made by lordmorpous and note that this was originally made for HDPI ROM's and this ROM is MDPI, it should work but some things may be shown ridiculosly small (like lockscreen images :)). The theme is the same theme.

Here it is :)

--

I also provided a flashable zip with the fix for xLoud and Bravia, as i think i forgot to set the permissions for them in the main flashable zip, so here it is a small one to flash.

--

Hope this helps :)
    Changelog:

0.3 - TBA

0.2 - 21 august 2012 - skype seems to be fixed, needs more testing, further improved performance, added BeatsAudio, Bravia Engine, xLoud, added stock Swype keyboard, bootsound enabled by default, disabled USB Debugging icon from Status Bar, (only the Icon, debugging remains enabled), maybe more :) - Kernel: DSC Phoenix Kernel Test 4

0.1 - 20 august 2012 - First release, good performance, things that work on all CM7 ROM's work on this one, things that don't work in all CM7 ROM's don't work in this one. - Kernel: DSC Phoenix Kernel Test 4
    Good and bad news for the future of this ROM...
    -I've broken my streak's screen so the development of this ROM will be postponed for about 3 (three) months.
    (Yeah, it's so broken that i can't see a thing on it :()

-I'm going to buy a new phone (HTC Sensation XL for those that are wandering what phone) and after i repair my beloved Streak, i''m going to test more things and i'm going to develop at whole new level as it won't be my primary device.

Hope you all enjoy this ROM as it is for now! :)

P.S. - I'm not going to abandon the Streak :)
    COLORS

hey guyz you can taste two more bootanimationz which ive uploaded with two different colors red and green if u dont lyk it then demand for different colors dat suits u :)
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=29994793&postcount=2