[RADIO] Change baseband for LG L7

Search This thread

mixednuts

Sep 30, 2007
I recently went from stock ICS to stock JB (open Argentina v20a). Do you think flashing one of the v20a basebands will get rid of the network lock that I experience with some SIM cards?

My current baseband version, running the v20a firmware, is MSM7227A-1-AA.

Last edited:

vaikz

Oct 18, 2012
Cebu
Realme 5 Pro
I recently went from stock ICS to stock JB (open Argentina v20a). Do you think flashing one of the v20a basebands will get rid of the network lock that I experience with some SIM cards?

My current baseband version, running the v20a firmware, is MSM7227A-1-AA.

No, it doesn't.
Search the net how to carrier unlock.

Sent from my LG-p705 using Tapatalk

Reactions: mixednuts

mixednuts

Sep 30, 2007
No, it doesn't.
Search the net how to carrier unlock.

Thank you for responding.

This is a little off topic - I know what the end result is in network unlocking a phone, but what does it technically do? From what I have read it's firmware related. I'm in Canada, so, I just don't understand why the open Argentina firmware would work with one Canadian network provider and not another.

Very confused.

Last edited:

vaikz

Oct 18, 2012
Cebu
Realme 5 Pro
Thank you for responding.

This is a little off topic - I know what the end result is in network unlocking a phone, but what does it technically do? From what I have read it's firmware related. I'm in Canada, so, I just don't understand why the open Argentina firmware would work with one Canadian network provider and not another.

Very confused.

Afaik, it's about network frequencies used from different countries. I'm not really sure but that's what I understand.
Network/carrier lock is different.
That is why, some firmware's can be used on other countries coz they had the same frequencies.

mixednuts

Sep 30, 2007
Afaik, it's about network frequencies used from different countries. I'm not really sure but that's what I understand.
Network/carrier lock is different.
That is why, some firmware's can be used on other countries coz they had the same frequencies.

OK, last off topic, sorry.

I believe that I already know the answer to this - custom ROMs, such as CM, will have no network / SIM locks, correct? The only reason for flashing other basebands is if users are having trouble with the the radios of custom ROMs in their region / country, correct?

vaikz

Oct 18, 2012
Cebu
Realme 5 Pro
OK, last off topic, sorry.

I believe that I already know the answer to this - custom ROMs, such as CM, will have no network / SIM locks, correct? The only reason for flashing other basebands is if users are having trouble with the the radios of custom ROMs in their region / country, correct?

Like I've said from my previous post, SIM/network lock is nothing to do with Rom. Afaik, if I'm not mistaken, is stored in a different partition and no matter what Rom you're using it will not unlock SIM. But all custom Rom is rooted, if that's what you mean.
On the second question, your correct.

mixednuts

Sep 30, 2007
Afaik, if I'm not mistaken, is stored in a different partition and no matter what Rom you're using it will not unlock SIM.

I did read this as well... that's why once unlocked it's always unlocked, so that partition is never wiped. Now I know... not confused on the matter anymore. :p

Thanks, again.

F4uzan

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 20, 2012
Hi sir szymel0 !

Can you upload latest v20 baseband for Indonesia ?

szymel00

Mar 6, 2011
Grudziądz
So for changing the baseband I need to go back to stock, flash and return to CM? There is no way of changing the baseband without returning to stock?

When I'm on silent or vibration mod, there is still notifications sound. How can I fix this?

No you don't have to go back to stock, i only said that baseband is correct, and in cyanogenmod rom and other custom roms may adversely display, , etc :good:

andronexus

Oct 14, 2012
Adoor
www.behance.net
My software version V10c / V10d and I am currently in India. I wanna flash a KK rom and wondering which the right baseband for me is? (kinda wondering if I am saying this right :p)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So far you have installed the android 4.1.2 could not upload CM10 or Backup android 4.0.3
    the level of recovery, without the problems associated with networking, (no network coverage, operator and no IMEI)
    It was necessary then upload soft 4.0.3 using KDZ.

From now on we do not need to install the firmware again from the computer,
    Replacing the radio followed by the installation of
    the file baseband from recovery:

Baseband for ICS V10C for Argentina P705G:

V10C for Argentina P705G

Baseband for ICS V10K:

V10k

Baseband for ICS V10J:

V10J

Baseband for JB V20A:

v20a

Baseband for JB V20A for Argentina P705G:

V20A for Argentina P705G

Baseband for JB V20D-EuropeOpen:

V20D-EuropeOpen

Baseband for JB V20E-PL:

V20E-PL

Baseband for JB V20E-GBR-UNITED-KINGDOM:

V20E-GBR-UNITED-KINGDOM

Baseband for JB V20F-Spain:

V20F-Spain Orange

Baseband for JB V20B-Philipines:

V20B-Philipines

Baseband for JB V20B-Indonesia:

V20B-Indonesia

Baseband for JB V20H-France:

V20H-France Orange

Baseband for JB V20B-Africa:

V20B-Africa

If you have android 4.1.2 and install CM10 based on android 4.0.3 and do not have the range and the operator
    This baseband install the ICS

If you have android 4.0.3 and install rom based on android 4.1.2
    we do not have the range and the operator to install the baseband of JB

Copy the file to your phone, can be copied to a memory card
    Start the phone in recovery and make instal CWM zip from externalSD
    We do Wipe Cache and Wipe Dalvik Cache
    The phone.

BASEBAND install after installing rom

Link for my work in Polish forum
    Forum Android com Pl
    Update 1 post - basbands v10c and v20a for Argentina.
    Do I just need to flash this through CWM?
    Yes :)
    Hey my friend, I saw thread and maybe you can help me, I upgrade my nieces phone from stock Ice Cream to KK Vanir, everything went fine, apart my network signal (no signal).

Could you point me which baseband I should flash to fix it?

Country Brazil.
    mobile: L7 P705
    ROM: Vanir 4.4.2 KK
    CWM: 602

cheers!

You can flash any v20 baseband. But if you have problem, you can request op for baseband foot your country.

Sent from my LG-P700 using Tapatalk
    @up
    Baseband for JB V20B-Philipines:

V20B-Philipines

:)