[Q] Flashing a I9305T rom onto a I9305 S3

Search This thread

MrM77

Jan 16, 2013
Perth WA
Hi guys,

I bought a I9305 from Kogan which is a Hong King version. I use a Telstra network and the phone looses connection to the network intermittently and signal reception does not seem to be up to scratch. I'm comparing this to my iPhone 4 which never did this.. This is my first android smartphone so I have no idea on how to do anything to be honest. I love the phone but the network connection instability is really annoying.

I have a two part question:

1. Is anyone else in the same situation and if you fixed it what did you do.

2. Could I flash the phone with the I9305T ROM or would you suggest only flashing the modem software??

Please help...

MrM77

Jan 16, 2013
Perth WA
Actually i assumed you rooted your phone which maybe you haven't. You could just flash the stock telstra rom

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda app-developers app

Nahh the phone has not been changed in any way.. I was thinking of doing that but I can not find any information if that was done before and it would work. Lots of people flash their I9305T with international rom but not the other way around.. I don't want to brake the phone?..

nateboi81

Jul 25, 2010
Melbourne
Nahh the phone has not been changed in any way.. I was thinking of doing that but I can not find any information if that was done before and it would work. Lots of people flash their I9305T with international rom but not the other way around.. I don't want to brake the phone?..

You can flash any I9305 ROM on to your phone. The T bit is just some added carrier bloatware. You will most likely et much better connectivity using a Telstra specific modem. So really your choices are to root and flash just the modem or to flash the official Telstra ROM. I don't like the official versions because they add so many useless apps that you don't need

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda app-developers app

MrM77

Jan 16, 2013
Perth WA
For all others that come across the same situation.

Yes you can flash the Telstra software on the I9305. I did it to mine and so far everything forks fine. Signal strength is great as expected and I have not experiences the network drop-outs since the flash.

The phone now lists it as a GT-I9305T.

Are you paying for a 4g plan or just regular 3g like me?

I get drop of net but i fixed it easily by going to Settings -》More options -》Network settings -》Networke mode.
And changed it to Wcdma only or auto. Shoose what ever mode that dont have lte in it.
Im a little bit unsure about the menu names cous I translated it from swedish.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using XDA Premium HD app

Rekoil

May 17, 2008
Göteborg
www.idroidproject.org
Did you end up flashing a GT-I9305T modem? Did it work? If you just flashed a stock rom and you don't know, you can find out by typing *#1234# in the dialer, if it says I9305T under CP then you have flashed an I9305T modem.

Sent from my GT-I9305N using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

bretto_aus

Nov 11, 2010

Yes you can flash the Telstra software on the I9305. I did it to mine and so far everything forks fine. Signal strength is great as expected and I have not experiences the network drop-outs since the flash.

Hey bud, which Firmware/Modem did you use? I checked http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/ for the official download and telstra wasn't listed there, as I'm having the exact same problems as you with a HK handset on telstra. I'm so close to just flicking this handset because of it.

MrM77

Jan 16, 2013
Perth WA
Did you end up flashing a GT-I9305T modem? Did it work? If you just flashed a stock rom and you don't know, you can find out by typing *#1234# in the dialer, if it says I9305T under CP then you have flashed an I9305T modem.

Sent from my GT-I9305N using xda app-developers app

When I flashed the ROM it has flashed the modem software too.

Hey bud, which Firmware/Modem did you use? I checked sammobile for the official download and telstra wasn't listed there, as I'm having the exact same problems as you with a HK handset on telstra. I'm so close to just flicking this handset because of it.

You have to select I9305T as your phone model and than the telstra version will be available. However I might have to add that after I posted yesterday that same afternoon the phone dropped of the network completely as it used to do before and the restart was required to get it up and running good again. I will give it a few more days to see if it does it again.

I was holding the phone in the way that 3 sides were completely covered by hands so I'm unsure if this is what caused the loss of connection. I think a thread about this would be good to see how many people with the same phone are having this issue.

bretto_aus

Nov 11, 2010
When I flashed the ROM it has flashed the modem software too.

You have to select I9305T as your phone model and than the telstra version will be available. However I might have to add that after I posted yesterday that same afternoon the phone dropped of the network completely as it used to do before and the restart was required to get it up and running good again. I will give it a few more days to see if it does it again.

I was holding the phone in the way that 3 sides were completely covered by hands so I'm unsure if this is what caused the loss of connection. I think a thread about this would be good to see how many people with the same phone are having this issue.

Ok, so I flashed the telstra I9305T firmware, probably worse than before.
So when I bought my phone in HK it came sealed in a French (Orange Network) Box with a euro wall plug. I thought it was a bit strange but didn't bother me, tho the handset had HK firmware and CSC. So I thought why not and downloaded the france Orange 4.1.2 firmware from samfirmware and flashed it with Odin. And funnily enough so far its been brilliant on telstra and its jellybean 4.1.2 so its got multi-window etc, I get way better 4G coverage and speeds and no drop outs. So far so good! im stoked. It has minimal bloatware - like 2-3 apps, And it even fixed another bug I had previously had on the HK firmware where I used swiftkey keyboard then after every reboot it would default back to Samsung Chinese IME keyboard. :D

bruno.sdo

Nov 18, 2011
Rio Branco/AC
Ok, so I flashed the telstra I9305T firmware, probably worse than before.
So when I bought my phone in HK it came sealed in a French (Orange Network) Box with a euro wall plug. I thought it was a bit strange but didn't bother me, tho the handset had HK firmware and CSC. So I thought why not and downloaded the france Orange 4.1.2 firmware from samfirmware and flashed it with Odin. And funnily enough so far its been brilliant on telstra and its jellybean 4.1.2 so its got multi-window etc, I get way better 4G coverage and speeds and no drop outs. So far so good! im stoked. It has minimal bloatware - like 2-3 apps, And it even fixed another bug I had previously had on the HK firmware where I used swiftkey keyboard then after every reboot it would default back to Samsung Chinese IME keyboard. :D

Based on this, so I guess I will have no problems putting the i9305T ROM from Brazil on my i9305 phone, right?

pjhaver6

Jan 2, 2014
Telstra Rom

Hi there.
Sorry to bother you but I was just wondering where you downloaded your
Telstra rom? Cause I have tried a couple that's already out there
But no success and yours sounds like the perfect rom for telstra 4g phone.
Could you please help me out I would really appreciate it .
Thank you .

leo1987

Feb 15, 2014
Ok I have a question which will probably blow your mind out of the water.... I have the I9305T model and have been playing around and flashed I9305 firmware on the device in order to flash JB 4.3 on my device. It has become a bit unstable. How could I revert back to the I9305T config? I have tried flashing that firmware but it is a no go. I keep getting the Unsupported Version error

I have tried emergency recovery in KIES and I have tried flashing with Odin.

Any way I can revert back to the old? I used to run 4.1.2 on the device

boonboon212

Sep 10, 2015
Help with installing suitable rom GT-19305T

I am trying to fix a GT-19305t by flashing.
From the beginning
The battery started to fail. Bought a new battery and after charging and starting up the phone refused to work. I managed to get it in recovery menu after looking online.
I have tried using odin to fix. I did get a pass green message when i tried but the phone still wont work . It starts but just says in download mode do not switch off etc.
Whats confusing me a bit is that this is a Vodafone phone not telstra so how come it has the T at the end. This makes me wonder if I used the incorrect rom.
Any help please I have tried about forty hours of research and trial so far.
exhausted

I have specific questions
1 What is a good rom to use (I have searched for tens of hours and keep going in circles.) Also when I have unzipped some there is no recognisable file for Odin to use?
2 Am I doing the process correctly. it seems straightforward.
Dan

M

maultasche

Which ROM have you flashed? After you have flashed the ROM via odin you have to boot into recovery, do a factory reset and then restart the phone. Then it should boot up fine.

What zips are you talking about? Sounds more like you downloaded custom roms, which are zips but they are flashed via a custom recovery.