How to tell if Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 is refurbished or not

Search This thread

.Hell.

Feb 27, 2012
Hello everyone

I do have Samsung Galaxy Note N7000
And i was wondering how to tell if my galaxy note is refurbished or factory made
because i keep notice that my phone keep freeze a lot plus the Google maps and GPS totally kill the phone and so slow to use so please tell me if that normal thing to happen too or not ,

tg9413

Sep 6, 2010
Dont know if this applys to notes. But for my galaxy s the different of a retail and a refurbished( the replacement phone samsung gave me) was the sticker on the back of the.phone showing serial imei and such. The retail onw is nice and good quality with samsung logo and made location. The refurb one is just one cheap sticker with some barcode and number

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

.Hell.

Feb 27, 2012
It might be the firmware.
Try Flashing XXLA6 Stock.

AFAIK, There is no way to tell whether a unit is brand new or Refurbished.

That means i shud flash my phone to European version ?
Is that ROM is the fastest ?

Dont know if this applys to notes. But for my galaxy s the different of a retail and a refurbished( the replacement phone samsung gave me) was the sticker on the back of the.phone showing serial imei and such. The retail onw is nice and good quality with samsung logo and made location. The refurb one is just one cheap sticker with some barcode and number

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

I cant tell if my material good or not on the phone because i havent used any galaxy note's before except mine :)

So i was thinking that some guys says go to RTN number but idk how to do that
because they say i shud dial up some code which never work for me
any idea about that code ?

M.Noury

Oct 19, 2007
Jeddah
From where did you get it ?
Do not flash XXLA6

wipe your device and flash the latest Emirates rom (arabic rom)
it is fast and stable.

The ICS will be released soon.

.Hell.

Feb 27, 2012
From where did you get it ?
Do not flash XXLA6

wipe your device and flash the latest Emirates rom (arabic rom)
it is fast and stable.

The ICS will be released soon.

I got it from a guy who sells them on big hardware site in egypt
And i already have the emirates version on my phone

Just the thing is , how to tell if my phone is refurbished or not , whats the steps to know ?:(

ages_devil

Feb 19, 2010
i have your same version of the note, and it does the same with freezing, a friend has the same note but with v2.3.6 not 2.3.5 and it works a lot better.
so try updating to 2.3.6 (assuming that your device has no warranty) or wait for the ICS

Sep 30, 2007
Spanish Fork, Utah
Never ignore gut feelings!

I should have trusted my gut when I received my "NEW" SGN (N7000) -- a purchase I made on Amazon from a seller named "Goodios" -- when it arrived in a box with a broken factory seal. There was a sticker over the original seal but upon closer inspection it was obvious that the original factory seal had been broken. Unfortunately for me, due to the seller's high feedback rating I unconsciously began making excuses for them from the get go. I assumed they opened the box merely to add an aftermarket US power adapter despite common sense screaming out the fact that there would have been no practical reason to do such a thing. Any additional accessories could have simply been dropped into the shipping box -- there was after all plenty of room.

The last and biggest clue which would finally convince me that this was in fact NOT a new unit as described by the seller was the missing sticker that should have been covering the screw at the top left corner of the battery well. Removal of this sticker voids the factory warranty, and the fact that it was missing on mine told me that my unit was likely refurbished.

Unfortunately again for me I didn't figure out that last clue until after the 30-day window in which I could have returned the phone. I'm kicking myself now because that's something I would have otherwise thought to check had my suspicions not be quelled by the seller's feedback rating. A high positive feedback ratio often signifies an honorable seller, but it can also signify a crooked seller with ignorant customers like me. Another expensive lesson learned (sigh).

.Hell.

Feb 27, 2012
I should have trusted my gut when I received my "NEW" SGN (N7000) -- a purchase I made on Amazon from a seller named "Goodios" -- when it arrived in a box with a broken factory seal. There was a sticker over the original seal but upon closer inspection it was obvious that the original factory seal had been broken. Unfortunately for me, due to the seller's high feedback rating I unconsciously began making excuses for them from the get go. I assumed they opened the box merely to add an aftermarket US power adapter despite common sense screaming out the fact that there would have been no practical reason to do such a thing. Any additional accessories could have simply been dropped into the shipping box -- there was after all plenty of room.

The last and biggest clue which would finally convince me that this was in fact NOT a new unit as described by the seller was the missing sticker that should have been covering the screw at the top left corner of the battery well. Removal of this sticker voids the factory warranty, and the fact that it was missing on mine told me that my unit was likely refurbished.

Unfortunately again for me I didn't figure out that last clue until after the 30-day window in which I could have returned the phone. I'm kicking myself now because that's something I would have otherwise thought to check had my suspicions not be quelled by the seller's feedback rating. A high positive feedback ratio often signifies an honorable seller, but it can also signify a crooked seller with ignorant customers like me. Another expensive lesson learned (sigh).

Thats really annoying when you can find people like these all over the internet trying to steal you with all ways possible . Sorry to hear that you fell in such a trap man .

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 Using XDA Premium

Techimplant

Mar 14, 2012
Delhi

This is why I prefer to go out n buy stuff myself rather than ordering it from eBay or Amazon..if u yourself would have gone out to a Samsung store or any other store u wouldn't have gone through this..

Sent from my Galaxy Note with Blazing CM9

ebhsimon

Sep 24, 2011
Melbourne
I should have trusted my gut when I received my "NEW" SGN (N7000) -- a purchase I made on Amazon from a seller named "Goodios" -- when it arrived in a box with a broken factory seal. There was a sticker over the original seal but upon closer inspection it was obvious that the original factory seal had been broken. Unfortunately for me, due to the seller's high feedback rating I unconsciously began making excuses for them from the get go. I assumed they opened the box merely to add an aftermarket US power adapter despite common sense screaming out the fact that there would have been no practical reason to do such a thing. Any additi]onal accessories could have simply been dropped into the shipping box -- there was after all plenty of room.

Could you please post a picture of a note with or without the sticker? I've looked everywhere but i can't find a picture. I fear i am like you and am missing the sticker but am still within the time period to return my note

Last edited:

bhaffar

Jul 5, 2007

If it was fulfilled by Amazon then you might have hope. Let them know what you discovered and then tell them the item was not as described and that you demand a full refund. Amazon customer service phone number 1-866-216-1072

---------- Post added at 01:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

This is why I prefer to go out n buy stuff myself rather than ordering it from eBay or Amazon..if u yourself would have gone out to a Samsung store or any other store u wouldn't have gone through this..

Sent from my Galaxy Note with Blazing CM9

Good point but hard to find a "brick and mortar" store in the USA that sells this international unlocked phone therefore Amazon and ebay. I didn't even know Samsung had their own stores. If they have them in the USA it must be major cities like NYC, Chicago, LA, etc.