How is your battery life. Please discuss here

Search This thread

overlord727

Jul 18, 2011
Columbia, MD
Off the battery at 7AM EMT, so far at 94% with GPS and wifi on. Doing well! I wish I could check on screen time though...

EDIT:
As of this post, it is 9:27AM right now.

jaythenut

Sep 6, 2012

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-26-14-05-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-26-14-05-08.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 14,684
  • Screenshot_2014-03-26-14-08-39.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-26-14-08-39.png
    192.7 KB · Views: 12,853
So in 2 hours screen time battery is 30%?

Not as good as every reviewer was saying.

Phone was just released yesterday. As with all other battery powered devices, give it a few days and break it in. That's when you see just how good or bad it really is. One day later does not give you a definitive answer.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium HD app

alhadee12

Sep 3, 2013
e7a4umah.jpg

This is my first day on a full charge. Less than my Note 3 and Flex.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Bigal77

Aug 25, 2010
Montreal
That's a horrible example lol. Obviously something wrong on network there....others are much closer to reviewed stats

Sent from my LG-E971 using Tapatalk

alhadee12

Sep 3, 2013
I've used it pretty heavy today. Where can I find the screen time?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Amazing beginning.

So I have been updating my phone lately to 5.1 then SD 1.5.1 mm, SD 1.6.5 and now on SD 1.5 MM.
    In the past, on kitkat I could have 7 hours of on screen time if I would leave my phone screen on in a single shot, which is really good (enough for me).

Since I had moved to lollipop my phone was lasting more than a full 24 hours day but with a maximum of 3.5 to very rarely 4 hours. And still that was enough for me and I was attributing this to Lollipop. Since I moved to Marshmallow, it was even lower, 3 hours of On Screen Time for 24hours+ period. Yesterday I decided to give a shot to the Battery Calibration.
    I charged 2 mins 30 seconds then pressed power + vol down + vol up during 2 and half minutes too while watching reboot a few times. I then let it charge until 100%, I was at 20% at start.

Well since this morning I'm letting my phone screen on and the performances I can see for now are amazing if it holds like this. I'm writing this message from the phone.

Here is my config:
    - Skydragon 1.5 MM
    - xposed with: greenify, amplify, sense toolbox, "this module will run without google play service"
    - Elementalx kernel with no overclock no undervolting and set on performance (not cooler).
    Well you now know everything, I'll keep you posted when it's fully drain. For now here are the current stats (see the attachments)
    Nearly 4 hours Screen On Time in 20 % drain.

Nice, but you know you can take a screenshot with the phone instead of awkwardly taking a shaky cam pic? lol
    A normal human being who uses their smartphone normally with wifi and data and normal brightness and etc with all the apps we humans use on a daily basis, simply can not get an an average screen on time of higher than 3 or 4 hours max. And I am happy with that.

Sure, we can use our HTC one m8 like a piece of brick from the Nokia flip phone days by turning off wifi and data, brightness set to 0.0000001%, with three apps installed in total. That would give us Nokia 3310 battery life. But is that really how you would want to use your phone in the year 2015?

To me, it's simple. I try to get as much battery as I can but without stepping into crazy territory and doing the things I just mentioned. I like to enjoy the beautiful screen and enjoy the other functions. And if I have to plug in my phone for 30 minutes some time during the day to get some extra battery, then I will.
    You dont use your phone. You only hold the display awake.