Cant decide between Pro 8.4 and S 8.4, Help!

Search This thread

Satorikn

May 1, 2014
really can't decide on which tablet to go with. I'm going crazy, have ordered and cancelled back and forth out of being undecided.
(Im buying LTE version to replace my Note 3 as my main communications device, including phonecalls and networking)

Reasons for Pro 8.4:
I do a lot of reading, so white backgrounds are handled better with the SC LCD on the Pro (brighter), also less battery consumption on lighter backgrounds (also whiter to my understanding), i don't enjoy oversaturated colors on AMOLED Screens (i set my display as professional photo profile on my Note 3, which reduces oversaturation), plus Super Clear LCD (i think it's similar to IPS?) would be superior sharpness-wise against the pentile arrangement of the S Amoled?. I don't like the gold bezel on the S much but that can be covered with a skin i plan to buy, prefer the chrome one. Slightly faster processor. Cheaper.

Reasons for S 8.4:
Newer (by a couple of months) but thinking on longevity Samsung might make the S series their baby, that means slower software updates for the Pro and maybe less longevity software wise, 3 GB Ram makes it future proof. AMOLED has a lower screen longevity, i've seen Galaxies S2/S3 in stores that looks horrendous, and well, i might not have this tablet in 2-3 years, but if i do i prefer to have it looking as good as new. Lighter.

Anyone who has owned or currently owned both can compare and give their reasons on why they chose one over the other?
I know that AMOLED has come a long way in advancements but, are the whites now closer to SC LCD? Is the bluriness from the pentile arrangement gone vs SCLCD/IPS?

Thank you!