Activity Camera is not responding...

Search This thread

Meltus

Jan 11, 2009
Manchester
www.androidaudiohacks.com
every time i run the camera or apps that use the camera i get this messege:
Activity Camera (in application camera) is not responsing.
anyone know if this is a hardware or software problem? I've tried changing firmwares, doing master resets etc., but nothing helps. I'm leaning toward a hardware issue which would kind of piss me off seing as i voided the sticker on the back changing the case ><
anyone got any ideas? :)

skri11a

Jan 7, 2009
Unfortunately, it is most likely hardware. I had the same problem with my BB last year.
I did everything I possibly could. I took the whole thing apart and actually tried to reseat the "camera" back to the board and nothing would bring it back to life.

The good news is, it forced me to buy a new phone and now I have a G1. :)

Since you've already voided the warranty, why don't you take it apart again and see if you can pull the camera (lens housing, at least) and reseat it?

I haven't looked at the service manual for that so I can't say how similar the camera components would be.

khall4u44

Jan 26, 2008
i had the same problem & tried reseting & clearing cache & data & none of that works..the solution is...u have a corrupt file on your sd card usually it's in the dcim folder...u have to find the corrupt file & delete it, that should solve your problem..there's a lot ways u can do this..reformat your sd card or put in a different one (which i would try to see if that's the problem that's what I did) then on the sd card that's in question i put it in the computer with an adapter & deleted all the files that were dated on or after the time of the problem then I put my sd card back in phone & the problem was solved!! I hope this helps

Bradshort

May 30, 2010
Huawei P40 Pro
khall4u44 , this is what forums are all about! Thanks for taking time to post as this has been driving me mad for the last couple of days. I thought it was the new ROM.

Deleted a couple of corrupt pics from the DCIM folder and it is all good :)

Thanks again.

x10mp

Jan 31, 2011
I had the same problem with my Sony Ericsson X10 mini pro. I tried to removed all visually corrupted files with no luck. Then I moved all files and folder out from the DCIM folder and my problem was solved. Thank you!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i had the same problem & tried reseting & clearing cache & data & none of that works..the solution is...u have a corrupt file on your sd card usually it's in the dcim folder...u have to find the corrupt file & delete it, that should solve your problem..there's a lot ways u can do this..reformat your sd card or put in a different one (which i would try to see if that's the problem that's what I did) then on the sd card that's in question i put it in the computer with an adapter & deleted all the files that were dated on or after the time of the problem then I put my sd card back in phone & the problem was solved!! I hope this helps