Last.fm PlaylistR : Spotify/Grooveshark Playlist generator

Search This thread

alou2

Jun 6, 2009
www.aloudroid.com
Current beta is attached to this thread (pretty buggy but works).
The app is currently unavailable on the Play Store because of some broken api which I can't deal with right now.

main_pic.jpg

Browse your charts, friends, neighbours, recommandations and overall charts from Last.fm, and listen tracks directly into your favorite streaming service : Spotify, Grooveshark or Deezer.

Automagically build playlist out of users lists, artists lists and track lists.
You can get playlist generated out of your friends/neighbours top charts, out of your Last.fm recommandations and so on.

Build mixtapes for you or your friends.

Music discovery has never been that easy !

The application is freely available on the market : PlaylistR Last.fm

Works on all devices running Android 1.5+

main.png
playlist_menu.png

Attachments

• lastfm_playlistr.0.8.apk
    961.6 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

alou2

Jun 6, 2009
www.aloudroid.com
v0.1.5 available :

* Cache is now made on sd card to prevent overuse of internal space
* Android 1.5 fix
* Grooveshark playlists are limited to about 20 songs because of rate limitations, but thanks to the Grooveshark team it'll soon be possible to have up to 500 songs/playlist
* Grooveshark direct playback needs the app to be already running to work (try to play it again if playback doesn't start)
* Added "Fans of your top":users that are top fans of the songs in your top
* Up to 200 artists in recommandations

alou2

Jun 6, 2009
www.aloudroid.com
Rdio support

v0.2 available :

* Rdio support !! Create playlists directly into your Rdio account
* Grooveshark playlists can now go up to 200 songs (300 calls/hour limit on the Grooveshark API).
* Added purge system to limit space usage on SD card
* Android 1.6 at least needed now... Really sorry for 1.5 users, but I have no way around...

alou2

Jun 6, 2009
www.aloudroid.com
v0.3 available :

*MOG Playlist generation
*Images can be turned back on without crashing the app
*Generated playlists are now shown before sending it to your streaming service or mailbox
*Generation of playlists based on "tracks" similar to the selected ones for even more music discovery
*Donate version available to remove ads and support development efforts

DagsJT

Mar 6, 2010
Any way of generating a playlist and importing it directly into the Spotify app on the phone?

alou2

Jun 6, 2009
www.aloudroid.com
Hi, I would love to give this ability but Spotify doesn't provide any API to do so :(
I heard they've been working on a playlist API for a while but nothing came out yet...

If you want to try it out, it works this way for both Grooveshark and Rdio : The playlists are generated directly into your account, for direct listening on the phone.

Grooveshark will give you a free trial of their Android app.

Reactions: DagsJT

scar45

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 17, 2006
Looks great! I would love to use this app, however I use XiiaLive (/DroidLive as it's formerly known) to stream my tunes. Are you able to possibly incorporate support for that?

Otherwise, one minor thing I noticed in your screenshot (and may have been fixed in the latest Market version), is a spelling error for "Recommendations".

Looking forward to grabbing this!

alou2

Jun 6, 2009
www.aloudroid.com
@scar45 : thanks for the spelling error tip (in french it's indeed an a...). I'll correct that real soon.

I'm going to take a look at XiiaLive to see if an API is available.

Last edited:
Reactions: scar45

alou2

Jun 6, 2009
www.aloudroid.com
v0.4 available on the Market :

*Deezer playlists are created directly into your account !!!
Fill in your credentials in config and no more link list by mail ;)
*Fixed typo (Recommandations > Recommendations)
*Added error check on Grooveshark playlist creation

alou2

Jun 6, 2009
www.aloudroid.com
v0.5 available on the Market :

* YouTube playback and playlist creation (fill in your YouTube credentials in config)
* Similar songs playlists : press a track and select "Similar tracks" to get a full playlist of similar tracks

alou2

Jun 6, 2009
www.aloudroid.com
v0.7 available on the Market

v0.7 available on the Market :

* Added a "Ban artist" toggle that... bans selected artists from all generated playlists (because some of them always come out of your neighbours tops... and you just can't stand them)
* Playlists name can be changed before generation
* No more duplicates in playlists

Reactions: boardlord

boardlord

Apr 16, 2006
Thank God I found this app! I can at last easily generate Grooveshark playlists from my Last.fm library :)

1000x thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Current beta is attached to this thread (pretty buggy but works).
    The app is currently unavailable on the Play Store because of some broken api which I can't deal with right now.

main_pic.jpg

Browse your charts, friends, neighbours, recommandations and overall charts from Last.fm, and listen tracks directly into your favorite streaming service : Spotify, Grooveshark or Deezer.

Automagically build playlist out of users lists, artists lists and track lists.
    You can get playlist generated out of your friends/neighbours top charts, out of your Last.fm recommandations and so on.

Build mixtapes for you or your friends.

Music discovery has never been that easy !

The application is freely available on the market : PlaylistR Last.fm

Works on all devices running Android 1.5+

main.png
    playlist_menu.png
    Hi, I would love to give this ability but Spotify doesn't provide any API to do so :(
    I heard they've been working on a playlist API for a while but nothing came out yet...

If you want to try it out, it works this way for both Grooveshark and Rdio : The playlists are generated directly into your account, for direct listening on the phone.

Grooveshark will give you a free trial of their Android app.
    @scar45 : thanks for the spelling error tip (in french it's indeed an a...). I'll correct that real soon.

I'm going to take a look at XiiaLive to see if an API is available.
    v0.7 available on the Market

v0.7 available on the Market :

* Added a "Ban artist" toggle that... bans selected artists from all generated playlists (because some of them always come out of your neighbours tops... and you just can't stand them)
    * Playlists name can be changed before generation
    * No more duplicates in playlists