Looking for working youtube to ICS

Search This thread

bias_hjorth

Jan 9, 2012
Hi forum

I just installed ICS as so far so good. It seems very laggy on my homescreen and I can't figure out why. Anyhow Im a big youtube user and as there was none included in gapps I was hopeing if one of you guys would mind sharing it with me?

Thanks

adamski123

Jun 15, 2011
London.
Hi forum

I just installed ICS as so far so good. It seems very laggy on my homescreen and I can't figure out why. Anyhow Im a big youtube user and as there was none included in gapps I was hopeing if one of you guys would mind sharing it with me?

Thanks

Its on the market mate...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

bias_hjorth

Jan 9, 2012
Thanks a million. I tried the link and it told me the unit was not compatible with the device altough the unit is exactly the same as the one where is says that it is compatible. Unfortunately it doesn't send the app to my unit.

I tried your apk and it seems to be made for smartphone with the app being scaled and no video wall on startup.

Either way thank you very much. Do you know whicb gapp to aim for in order to have the youtube.apk? I followed their guide and it only gave me one downloaf option.

edit : i just re-read your post and you did in fact suggest a version of gapps. thanks again

Last edited:

MapleSyrup

Oct 9, 2011
What ICS ROM are you using and what method did you used to install YouTube from the GAPPS zip?

no1ucare

Jun 5, 2010
I have the same problem. Aokp build 27 + gapps = no youtube.
Market -> youtube incompatible.
Had Youtube Remote (also from Google if you don'y know it) in my Titanium Backup (on the market is incompatible too) and it works fine.
Got to use "pinch" to go fullscreen, took a bit to find out.