ALL LTE discussions here

Search This thread

tony yayo

Oct 15, 2010
Chicago
What I want to know is what the saturation of coverage is going to be like. As of right now there's only 2 spots where I can get speeds over 20mbps. Everything else is around 6 or 7 and maxes out around 10. So, I would assume that these would be the first spots to get LTE but will they be the only ones? and I'm still gonna get the usual speeds everywhere else? I know Chicago is on the list but how far will that spread out from downtown out to the suburbs?

Galaxysm

Sep 9, 2012
Mission
Re: ALL LTE and update discussions here

Okay well I know everyone knows when lte is going to be released. ....so I had to pay my phone today. So I went to t-mobile and I was talking with a rep there. And I asked her that if they had any lte towers where I live. She said yes that they are working on it and she said it was going to be released on the 26th sometime next week. And also with the new blackberry phone that is going to be there 1st phone with lte already coming out. Well at least I know I dont have to worry about updatingy phone and leaving jedi master yet. Just my 2 cents thanks. :).

Sent From Land Of Ooo. Using a Jedi Mastered Note 2.

deeznutz1977

Jul 4, 2010
cHARMcity,MD
There are so many Q&A in various threads about Tmobile's LTE on the Note 2. Is there a way we can pin some facts at the top threads in a Q&A format?

Facts (to the best of my understanding):
Sporadic NYC and Vegas LTE signal, no consistent sighting.
Tmobile has not turned on LTE in any area that is consistently usable by the public.
Press release by Tmobile indicate they will turn on some LTE on or before March 26th.

Device:
Only Nexus 4 and Note 2 are officially working on Tmobile LTE
T889 Note 2 4.1.2 Update contains LTE (Modem & Firmware)
AOKP Roms LTE compatibility??? Modem flash only??
i317 (ATT) Note 2 with AWS mod is already compatible with Tmobile LTE - I think

Sim:
No new sim required. Existing sim is compatible.

APN:
No new APN is required.

Op, please add/correct/revise as necessary.

Btw there is a new apn

ghoti

May 30, 2006
me7ynu8u.jpg
7umu8u2a.jpg
Battery life is dramatically improved for me since the update. I'm already past 24 hours with 7 hours of on screen time and 30 percent left. This is with the lte still enabled. Amazing!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Why don't you have the stupid eye icon in your notification bar?

presstech

Jul 18, 2007
Oh congrats!! Do me a favor and post a screenshot of the bottom part of your APN settings. I'm interested to know if your phone is using IPv4 protocol or IPv4/IPv6.

Also, even more importantly, dial *#0011# and take a screenshot of your ServiceMode page. I want to know what LTE Bandwidth they're using in Baltimore market. They own 30Mhz of AWS spectrum, that will tell us if T-Mobile's LTE will be 73Mbps fast, or 37Mbps.

Thanks a lot!

The default is the IPv4 but has the option to choose the IPv4/IPv6 setting. Don't know if it would have any impact if I change it.
Is this the screen you wanted?

milan03

Feb 22, 2011
New York City
The default is the IPv4 but has the option to choose the IPv4/IPv6 setting. Don't know if it would have any impact if I change it.
Is this the screen you wanted?
Yup that's it.
So Band 4 is 1700/2100Mhz or AWS T-Mobile is using for LTE.
Earfcln_dl value of 2275 corresponds to E Block of that AWS Band 4.
LTE Download Bandwidth of 5Mhz corresponds to maximum peak download speeds of 37Mbps. Upload is 12mbps.

It's interesting that you're connecting to LTE using IPv4. Are you staying connected, or getting kicked out every 10mins or so?
Also, are you able to receive calls?

presstech

Jul 18, 2007
Yup that's it.
So Band 4 is 1700/2100Mhz or AWS T-Mobile is using for LTE.
Earfcln_dl value of 2275 corresponds to E Block of that AWS Band 4.
LTE Download Bandwidth of 5Mhz corresponds to maximum peak download speeds of 37Mbps. Upload is 12mbps.

It's interesting that you're connecting to LTE using IPv4. Are you staying connected, or getting kicked out every 10mins or so?
Also, are you able to receive calls?

Phone works fine. If I switch to the IPv4/IPv6 setting then it won't stay connected but if I leave it on IPv4 it stays connected.

arin8000

Sep 22, 2010

Auto brightness doesn't work after the update through kies!!! I also noticed that instagram doesn't crash anymore:)

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

milan03

Feb 22, 2011
New York City
Phone works fine. If I switch to the IPv4/IPv6 setting then it won't stay connected but if I leave it on IPv4 it stays connected.
This is very interesting! I'm running Nexus 4 with fast.t-mobile.com and unless I'm on v4/v6 or just v6, I'm not connecting to LTE at all. on v4 I'm seeing bars, but have no LTE logo, or data flow. I'm in NYC so maybe we are not as ready as you guys :)

RonnieRuff

May 22, 2010
Austin

This is very interesting! I'm running Nexus 4 with fast.t-mobile.com and unless I'm on v4/v6 or just v6, I'm not connecting to LTE at all. on v4 I'm seeing bars, but have no LTE logo, or data flow. I'm in NYC so maybe we are not as ready as you guys :)

Your phone is not capable of LTE. Does not have the needed radio just the chip.

CARBON NIGHTLY | KROZ HUE THEME | CRACK FLASHER

one80oneday

Apr 19, 2008
Florida
7umu8u2a.jpg
Battery life is dramatically improved for me since the update. I'm already past 24 hours with 7 hours of on screen time and 30 percent left. This is with the lte still enabled. Amazing!

It's amazing how long it will last if you keep charging it :good:

Last edited:

erm1001

May 25, 2010

Yes the nexus 4 have lte working if they haven't updated to 4.2

jonathan3579

Mar 12, 2010
Houston

Your phone is not capable of LTE. Does not have the needed radio just the chip.

That's not entirely true. :sly:

Edit: And for any fellow Houston residents checking out this thread, I've found that there's a live LTE site active around Memorial City Mall. Sadly, I updated to 4.2.2 so I lost the ability to connect for now.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As General is being slammed with threads on LTE I made this thread for you all discuss anything and everything LTE
    Thank you for your cooperation
    Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
    A nice list of cities for tmobile LTE has been posted

http://www.tmonews.com/2013/05/tmobiles-next-group-of-lte-launches-rumored-for-may-and-june/

Sent from my Jedi X13 Note II using xda premium
    7umu8u2a.jpg

It's amazing how long it will last if you keep charging it :good:
    I been with TMO for quite some time now too. I have a Sensation 4g and wife has a Note II. Im always doing comparisons with her phone when travel around my area (Warner Robins, GA). She gets around 14Mbs while the highest I got on my phone was like 6Mbs. But where we live is around 2Mbs for both phones. But anyways, I work on the Air Force base around here and basically I agree with you two..whenever I go inside a hanger or building doing whatever, I literally have to stay near the door and hopefully it has a window if not I can barely be on "E" then 5 mins later no signal. The Verizon & Sprint guys here has excellent speeds/signal that made me really want to switch a month ago (they can be anywhere in the hanger/building with no bs- I'm like OMFG while im standing in the rain to get signal, lol) but I'm waiting for S4 to see how this LTE will turn out but no idea when Atlanta GA will get it but hell I don't live there so no telling when my area will get it either :(

I have been using a TMO phone as my only phone (no landline) since 2002, so I know a little about the quality of their coverage. In the beginning it was spotty, but has been fine in all metro and suburban areas I've been through in the Los Angeles area and up and down the west coast for at least 6 or 7 years now. Also, TMO was the first (and to my knowledge) the only carrier to seamlessly integrate wifi-calling into nearly every phone they offer. Wifi calling works perfectly and is also is handling texting at the same time, so no problem with SMS either. Last 4 yrs I've been living near the mountains in a near dead-zone for cell coverage and use wifi calling every day without any problems. I would agree that Verizon & Sprint have better overall networks than TMO, but, man, you pay a small fortune for their monthly plans compared to TMO.
    Just a reminder about network speeds using Speed Test app. Your speeds will vary from test to test, time of the day and so on. The app is not that accurate. Keep in mind it is dependant on the server it is using to test download speed. You will notice it uses different servers at different times. You may get faster or slower speeds from time to time. It most likely has nothing to do with the radio you flashed or even TMO for that matter.

Its the Internet folks, it is not static... It is fluctuating all the time based on many factors usually not your freaking modem. :)