[Q]Freezes at Kindlefire logo

Search This thread

dpeti0757

Jan 16, 2014
My Kindle Fire HDX 7 (13.3.1.0) was rooted and I installed Safestrap. I downloaded CM11 but when I tried to install the zip file it failed and when my Kindle rebooted I am stuck with the "Kindlefire" logo, in white, on a black screen. I have tried holding down the power button for 1 minute, but that does not help. When I press the power button and hold down the volume button I get to the screen that asks me to reboot or do a factory reset, but neither helps. I can hear the compute beep when I power up the Kindle but the Kindle does not show up in Device Manager. I do have Android SDK installed on the computer and the drivers are all loaded. I just hope this is not the end of the world (!!) and someone can kindly get me out of trouble.Thanks

S_transform

Oct 12, 2012
My Kindle Fire HDX 7 (13.3.1.0) was rooted and I installed Safestrap. I downloaded CM11 but when I tried to install the zip file it failed and when my Kindle rebooted I am stuck with the "Kindlefire" logo, in white, on a black screen. I have tried holding down the power button for 1 minute, but that does not help. When I press the power button and hold down the volume button I get to the screen that asks me to reboot or do a factory reset, but neither helps. I can hear the compute beep when I power up the Kindle but the Kindle does not show up in Device Manager. I do have Android SDK installed on the computer and the drivers are all loaded. I just hope this is not the end of the world (!!) and someone can kindly get me out of trouble.Thanks

My first question is where you managed to get CM11? There is currently no CM11 rom for this tablet as far as I know. If you flashed an incompatible ROM (which sounds likely), then you will likely have to talk to someone a bit more versed in these things than me. There are several recovery techniques available though if you look around. Also, have you used ADB on the device before? when I bootlooped mine I had to manually select the ADB drivers.

dpeti0757

Jan 16, 2014

agenda