Stuck in fast boot.

Search This thread

acejavelin

Inactive Recognized Contributor
There is no playstore app though and it won't let me install .apks?
Ahh, I forgot about that but it's an easy fix... Like most AOSP based ROMs, Gapps (Google Applications) are not baked into Evervolv, you need to flash them separately. I would recommend using Banks Gapps at the bottom of the first post in the Evervolv thread. Just download them, copy to the SD card, and flash like a ROM image on top of Evervolv with TWRP, that will give you all the core Google apps and services, including the Play Store, just wipe cache/dalvik after flashing and reboot and you should be good to go.

Cap'n Jazz

Jan 3, 2013
Ahh, I forgot about that but it's an easy fix... Like most AOSP based ROMs, Gapps (Google Applications) are not baked into Evervolv, you need to flash them separately. I would recommend using Banks Gapps at the bottom of the first post in the Evervolv thread. Just download them, copy to the SD card, and flash like a ROM image on top of Evervolv with TWRP, that will give you all the core Google apps and services, including the Play Store, just wipe cache/dalvik after flashing and reboot and you should be good to go.

Annnd that did it. Thanks again. I'll have to wait until later to see if it works with Straight Talk, but at least it's not a paper weight anymore!

Reactions: acejavelin

REV3NT3CH

Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
Got it working, thanks! The only problem is the damn battery.. I had to order an extended battery. Hopefully it's a lot better. It loses battery while charging right now.

have you tried new kernel....also ensuring your on latest of everything....like hboot and radios...if that all checks out we share the same rez "wafer" my battery only lasts about an hour and a half on this rez

Cap'n Jazz

Jan 3, 2013
have you tried new kernel....also ensuring your on latest of everything....like hboot and radios...if that all checks out we share the same rez "wafer" my battery only lasts about an hour and a half on this rez

I haven't messed with the kernel at all. Hboot says Hboot-2.28.000, Radio says Radio-2.23.10.0123r/2.23.10.0124r.

What kernel would you recommend?

Last edited:

REV3NT3CH

Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
I haven't messed with the kernel at all. Hboot says Hboot-2.28.000, Radio says Radio-2.23.10.0123r/2.23.10.0124r.

What kernel would you recommend?

snuzzo's latest funky...his kernels have always been solid for me...even on my other device....if the phone till overheats after that i will say this is a very widespread and known hardware issue with the ht1a and ht1b rezounds....can find out what it is in settings>about phone>status and the first 4 letters of serial number...can also check by pulling out battery and looking at the little description sticker on the inside

Cap'n Jazz

Jan 3, 2013
snuzzo's latest funky...his kernels have always been solid for me...even on my other device....if the phone till overheats after that i will say this is a very widespread and known hardware issue with the ht1a and ht1b rezounds....can find out what it is in settings>about phone>status and the first 4 letters of serial number...can also check by pulling out battery and looking at the little description sticker on the inside

It's ht1a :/. But I'll try the kernel anyway. Do I just have to turn on dumlock and flash it in recovery?

pball52998

Jan 1, 2014
Well one s-off is amazing, you don't have to flash the boot.img every time you flash a ROM. No computer and you need to restore a backup, no problem. Just go to this website: http://rumrunner.us/ as long as you have a non-sense ROM/kernel go ahead and run this. Windows 7 or Xp. Turn off firewall and antivirus or you will get stuck.... I can't stress that enough!!! Turn it all off!! Use the universal 0.5.0 file, not any other one, just the universal one. If you get stuck at the end where it says its done, if it shows you're s-off but you can't boot, you just keep bootlooping, clean flash a ROM, wipe everything and put on a new ROM. That's only if you bootloop at the end when it says its done and you show s-off :$

Sent from my Rezound using xda-developers app. CyanogenMod 11. S-off

Reactions: Cap'n Jazz

Cap'n Jazz

Jan 3, 2013
Well one s-off is amazing, you don't have to flash the boot.img every time you flash a ROM. No computer and you need to restore a backup, no problem. Just go to this website: http://rumrunner.us/ as long as you have a non-sense ROM/kernel go ahead and run this. Windows 7 or Xp. Turn off firewall and antivirus or you will get stuck.... I can't stress that enough!!! Turn it all off!! Use the universal 0.5.0 file, not any other one, just the universal one. If you get stuck at the end where it says its done, if it shows you're s-off but you can't boot, you just keep bootlooping, clean flash a ROM, wipe everything and put on a new ROM. That's only if you bootloop at the end when it says its done and you show s-off :$

Thanks! Evervolv is a non-sense ROM/kernel, right?

One other thing I'm curious about...If I do get s-off (or just stay s-on with unlocked bootloader, actually) would I be able to undo everything so I can get a new phone from Verizon? Now that I know the phone's battery problem is mostly because I have the ht1a model, I'm really considering trying to unroot, lock and get another through Verizon. Is this possible?

pball52998

Jan 1, 2014
Correct its a non sense ROM. Its AOSP, if you wanted to you can go s-off. About returning to stock. RUU. Only for s-off. r4v3nt3ch has a guide on downgrading and returning to stock. RUU. Only way to go to stock. Its a exe so run it on your computer. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Reactions: Cap'n Jazz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When you do your wipes, do them twice (internal storage becomes "emmc", wipe emmc the second time)

If that fails, run the 3.14.605.12 RUU from @REV3NT3CH's downgrade upgrade thread, do part 1, then skip to 2a Step 5 and finish (do the whole thing if you have time).

I tried running the RUU in fastboot usb and it says there is a usb error? It says fastboot usb on the phone, though.

Not sure why it finally worked but I got the RUU update to the phone and it booted! Now to unlock again and all that. Thanks a ton for the continued support! This seems like one of the best message board communities out there :D
    Hello. I'm having trouble with my HTC Rezound. I had CWM and Clean Rom was running fine but I tried to switch to Venasaur so I could use it on Straight Talk. I had an unlocked boot loader and everything worked before I tried flashing the new rom. Now, My phone won't even turn off unless it's dead.The bootloader says relocked, and it just keeps putting itself in fast boot whether I power it on or not.It says security warning under tampered and relocked. Can anybody please help me out? It would be much appreciated!
    Did you try to unlock again and fastboot flash the proper boot.img?
    No matter how many times I go through the bootloader unlock screen it still says RELOCKED in fastboot.
    Wait... so you get (or have) the unlock token, and push it to the phone via fastboot and it won't unlock? Not to question your abilities, but are you sure your doing it right?

Your using "fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin" and then accepting the terms on the screen of the phone, and it is not unlocking?
    Hmmm... weird, so it must be accepting the token if it is prompting you on the phone to accept the terms on the phones. Guess I have never been in this position where it wouldn't unlock. Did you try going through the entire process on the HTCdev.com again from start to finish? Other than that, I would have to differ this to someone with a little more "hacking" knowledge on the Rezound, like @REV3NT3CH

I hate to say it, but if it won't unlock again, that is bad... really bad, like might be bricked and require a JTAG bad.
    My screen stays black during a call and I can't get it to turn back on. Is there a fix for this?

[EDIT] Fixed, nevermind!

So I took the phone to Verizon and they are sending a new one. The battery was losing charge while on the charger and I couldn't handle it. At least I know exactly what to do with the new one thanks to you guys!

Awesome user name Cap'n Jazz. One of my favorite bands.