Acer Iconia Tab A500

Search This thread

cmdpapichulo

Nov 4, 2009
When i plug in my iconia via usb it only gives me access to internal memory not the sd card is this just me it make file tranfering a b***h i dont want to fill up the internal memory the use astro to copy over to the sd???????

cmdpapichulo

Nov 4, 2009
it should be like my android phone that whenm i connect via usb iot opens as a mass storage device accessing the sd card

moemoney12

Jun 23, 2010
Could somebody try to load xda developers website. Click the forums section and see if it runs smoothly. I'm having trouble running the site. Its not a problem, cause I can still use the app. Just curious if its hardware limitation, or adobe flash.

Sent from my A500 using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

jamerican413

Jan 12, 2007
Chicago
Could somebody try to load xda developers website. Click the forums section and see if it runs smoothly. I'm having trouble running the site. Its not a problem, cause I can still use the app. Just curious if its hardware limitation, or adobe flash.

I think the site is having a problem today. I am on this site everyday and today was the first time I experienced any problem. Wait it out and see if it goes away.

OutaDaDark

Feb 10, 2011
East London
Hi,

Been a proud owner for about a week now, stepped up from a WITS A81G (fab machine also!!) and no, there aren't many tablet optimised apps yet, but surely we already knew this.... I did and so did half the rest of the world. So now we're rooted and fiddling all over again, Great Fun!!!

Anyway I stopped by to tell you about MoboPlayer, optimised for the ACER Iconia A500 and rock steady, plays from SDCard (Internal Mem), ExternalSD (MicroSD slot) AND USB Storage (USB Host).

There are bound to be obscurely converted MKV files with crazy bit rates that won't play so someone will complain, but at the moment this app is at the top of the tree!!! Plays anything I've thrown at it.

Just remember to choose the correct codeced version -

ARM V7_VFPV3

I am tempted to say it's by JR Hartley, but that will just confuse matters.......

Last edited:

yellowian

May 12, 2011
I got my iconia a500 to work base on the Xoom. This device disable the Ad-Hoc network by default so you have to rooted and then enable Ad-Hoc network in order it to tether with your T-mobile android 3g smartphone.

Sorry, i am new so I can't post external link, but if you google "[HOW TO] Enable ad-hoc Wi-Fi connection" then you will find it easy to do.

cheers.

HarshReality

Apr 1, 2010
Kokomo
I've got the same issue of the tab waking up every 15 minutes, will try disabling wifi to see if it stops.

The integrated nemoplayer app has the best performance among the players I tried (rockplayer, standard android player, qq player) but it's not perfect.

I want to get rid of nemoplayer altogether cant find a way to reset its library so now i have an album i looked up with the wrong info making the lubrary show 2 albums one with a single song. Tried a rooted rename and the bamn thing comes back on reboot.

Peter Baher

Jul 3, 2011
LA, CA
If you have root then you should be able to replace the wpa_supplicant file with the one from this thread like we did on the Xoom.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1033314

You can use Root explorer rather than ADB if you want.
First you want to turn off your wifi. I have used the ADB method a couple of times but I find it easier to use Root explorer. Save the file to your memory, Copy it using root explorer, navigate to the system/bin folder and click mount R/W then paste the file into the folder replacing the original (make sure to make a backup!) then long hold on the file and view permissions, check all the boxes in the first two columns and the first 2 in the last column. (chmod 775) You can then restart your wifi and enjoy ad-hoc networks (no reboot needed.)

I've done this a couple of times on my Xoom and it works great

I did the steps with root explorer on my iconia and replaced wpa_supplicant with the new one and got every thing working well but later I wanted to reverse the steps and return it to normal but I did a horrible mistake. I forgot to turn wifi off before replacing files so the wifi gave me error and know I don't have wifi in my iconia .. plz help :( and btw I'm running stock 3.0.1 rooted

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First of all, I would like to request a section on this tablet, funny how the Transformer even got one when is not released yet.

Second of all, I'm quite a noob on the subject matter. But to all the A500 owners out there, any idea how to get the tethering to work?
    I have the Atrix 4G rooted, and for some reason my A500 can't pick up the signal. Any ideas? (I read something about the "infrastrusture" and "ad-hoc" things, but not sure about it)

Thanks
    If you have root then you should be able to replace the wpa_supplicant file with the one from this thread like we did on the Xoom.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1033314

You can use Root explorer rather than ADB if you want.
    First you want to turn off your wifi. I have used the ADB method a couple of times but I find it easier to use Root explorer. Save the file to your memory, Copy it using root explorer, navigate to the system/bin folder and click mount R/W then paste the file into the folder replacing the original (make sure to make a backup!) then long hold on the file and view permissions, check all the boxes in the first two columns and the first 2 in the last column. (chmod 775) You can then restart your wifi and enjoy ad-hoc networks (no reboot needed.)

I've done this a couple of times on my Xoom and it works great
    +1 forum, just got mine tonight at BB, they had about 30 in stock, I was wondering if Superoneclick will root the Iconia?

Nope. Tried it every which way.

What formats does clear.fi support i have wmv's and mp4's but nothing but some mp4's play and some dont and what format do i need to convert for clear.fi to work properly

clear.fi is just a certified dlna transport so it basically supports what the tablet supports which unfortunately I don't have the solid details on.

Update: I did some digging and I found THIS. Currently, this is also the only format the tablet plays on it's video players etc. but people may find themselves playing mkv and such as those are just file wrappers.

Hope this helps.