[APP][ICS][JB]Sony Walkman Music Player

Search This thread

Vishnussj2

Dec 13, 2011
ICS sony walkman album art for x8 (Working)

The album art is working for me in my x8...
if you guys need the fix PM me...

Screenshots below...:)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-06-23-19-03-16.png
    Screenshot_2012-06-23-19-03-16.png
    104.1 KB · Views: 277
  • Screenshot_2012-06-23-19-03-55.png
    Screenshot_2012-06-23-19-03-55.png
    80.3 KB · Views: 251

androidiego

May 9, 2011
:D it works but it dont have the visualizer :C maybe because is a recently function

Is it possible to handle in our X8S?

Last edited:

fundre

Dec 10, 2010
Damn these players look slick. Too bad I still can't trust ICS for daily use :(

Sent from my E15i using XDA

Mika Dee

I just installed this...This is my observations so far:

-It really doesn't show the album art, BUT when on lock screen, it does show it.But if you have pattern lock screen, the album art is shown behind the pattern screen, which means that most of the screen is black with the pattern dots only shown and there's a strip of the art on the top of the screen.

-It works pretty damn good and fast, it has all controls on notification drawer(previous track, play/pause and next track), it also shows them on the lock screen AND you can change songs with the volume button when screen is off.

-If you know how to do stuff on your phone with root explorer, (and judging on the fact that you have an ICS rom on your phone you pretty much do), you can download the .tar file, extract it in a file on your pc, transfer this file to your sd card, and then move the contents as followed:

-SemcMusic.apk and SoundEnhancement.apk on /system/app (change permissions to match the rest of the apps there) and then press install.

-audio_effects.conf on /system/etc (just set permissions to match the rest)

-soundfx folder on /system/lib

Why do this?Because then the sound is amazing, that's why! ;)

ps.While trying to install SoundEnhancement.apk it said that it didn't manage to install it, but the music app still works like a charm ;)

Did the files in soundfx needs to set permission too?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello there
    As many of you know along with the ICS update on xperia 2012 line, Sony introduced their new Walkman music player which let's face it looks too good. So here is my port of the famous Walkman(build 5.1.A.0.9) for Xperia X8 and other armv6 devices(qvga devices will probably have visual bugs so use it at your own risk)
    Requirements:
    • An armv6 device
    • Android 4.0 ICS/4.1+JB(JB recomended)
    • 15mb free space(at least)
    • If you don't have much ram(aka all x8 users) I suggest swap(optional but highly advised)
    How to install
    - Download my zip from HERE
    - Put it on your sd card and install through CWM/TWRP
    - Enjoy:D
    Screenshots
    Acxk2wr.jpg
    nAEmRwn.png

M7hId1R.png
    EqYIowy.png

Thanks goes to
    • Sony devs for their endless creativity and giving us the immortal device(X8 of course)
    • dagger for testing my walkman
    NOTE: As you might know I do not own an X8 anymore so consider this as my legacy to X8 so don't PM me about problems, post them here and I or others will try to answer;)
    Old Screenshots(to remember where we started)
    567cd478-12d9-b6ba.jpg
    567cd18d-e97e-6397.jpg

567cd18d-e99b-17e7.jpg
    Fix for album art...

just flash this zip after having the correct permissions for the player like the rest of the files there...and flash this zip using CWM...and reboot...:)

thanks to mchj for the fix...
    Link down...:(

Sent from my X8

yea box changed something in their links...anyway new link is up;)
    can someone provide to make work on gb rom?change android manifest xml maybe??:*)
    I just installed this...This is my observations so far:

-It really doesn't show the album art, BUT when on lock screen, it does show it.But if you have pattern lock screen, the album art is shown behind the pattern screen, which means that most of the screen is black with the pattern dots only shown and there's a strip of the art on the top of the screen.

-It works pretty damn good and fast, it has all controls on notification drawer(previous track, play/pause and next track), it also shows them on the lock screen AND you can change songs with the volume button when screen is off.

-If you know how to do stuff on your phone with root explorer, (and judging on the fact that you have an ICS rom on your phone you pretty much do), you can download the .tar file, extract it in a file on your pc, transfer this file to your sd card, and then move the contents as followed:

-SemcMusic.apk and SoundEnhancement.apk on /system/app (change permissions to match the rest of the apps there) and then press install.

-audio_effects.conf on /system/etc (just set permissions to match the rest)

-soundfx folder on /system/lib

Why do this?Because then the sound is amazing, that's why! ;)

ps.While trying to install SoundEnhancement.apk it said that it didn't manage to install it, but the music app still works like a charm ;)