Team RejectZ Dev School and Pub

Search This thread

timmetal6669

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 15, 2012
Redlands CA
Moto G7
Good to see you over here Tim. Congratulations on the Recognized Developer, it is well deserved. Good idea with this thread as well man, good things are coming im sure. :good:

Thank you dazed.. You are a phenominal themer.. One day we need to do a community project and produce a themed and modded out ROM between all of us.. Team V in the house!! What? :)

~Team Rejectz~

Reactions: dazednconfused

Stryke_the_Orc

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 14, 2010
Maras Dantia
Samsung Galaxy Note 20
Welcome. I've found some of the best themers and devs were initially rejected... That's why we made team Rejectz.. Ask awsy friend. Hit me up privately or post here. If there's a will... We have the way

How do I root my phone? :p
No seriously though, I may be chatting you up later about one of my projects, when I can get back to it, if you've got the time.
Thanks Tim, you rock bro!:D:beer:

Slithering from the nether regions of a twisted mind and tarnished soul

Reactions: Shadow_God

jamcar

Aug 11, 2010
Orlando
Any chance someone would be willing to teach how to make a kernel? It would be greatly appreciated.

Aaron Swartz, Rest in Pixels.

BigRitz

Apr 30, 2011
Carson Cty , NV
Wanted to Congratulate my Good Friend or REC DEV Status it might Be a lil Late But None the Less well deserved Bro cant wait to see your latest work

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

timmetal6669

Apr 15, 2012
Redlands CA
Moto G7
Any chance someone would be willing to teach how to make a kernel? It would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately none of us have a machine that runs linux/ubuntu. As soon as we can get a computer donated or someone on the team with one we'd be in the kernel making business too. Working on that one still..

jamcar

Aug 11, 2010
Orlando
Unfortunately none of us have a machine that runs linux/ubuntu. As soon as we can get a computer donated or someone on the team with one we'd be in the kernel making business too. Working on that one still..

Ok, thanks anyway. Just asking, (seriously not trying to start anything, just curious); why not run Ubuntu in a virtual machine or dual boot?

timmetal6669

Apr 15, 2012
Redlands CA
Moto G7
Ok, thanks anyway. Just asking, (seriously not trying to start anything, just curious); why not run Ubuntu in a virtual machine or dual boot?

Lol i tried that. With a virtual machine its just too much for my processor to take. My whole system freezes. I don't v have enough room with Windows on my Hard drive to partition the hard drive for dual boot and install ubuntu. Windows intentionally makes the system that way. They really don't like you to have "free" at your disposal. Lol. But ya I've already tried both options. The other option would be to get another hard drive but Im a single father and really just don't have the financial means.. Most of our team is in the same boat financially. We've all discussed it at one point or another and believe me ive been keeping my eyes open for any deals i can find.. I honestly want to be the first one to come out with a kernel from Team Rejectz, its a part of development that we really need to release. But at this point i wouldn't care who on the team puts one out. Ive been talking with Lorjay and he might be able to get ubuntu running on his computer. Its gonna happen, its just a matter of time and money.. Always the almighty dollar keeps the common man down. But that's politics lol

Reactions: jamcar

dutchmaster18

Dec 8, 2010
South Jersey

I just want to say thanks to this dude here: timmetal6669. You have made me feel alot better about this website. You jumped in when no one else would.

Anyway, I would like to start by saying that i have 2 machines that have ubuntu dual booted. I just dont know much about it. I am sooooo willing and able to learn though. So if there is anything i can do to help....please let me know.

As for gtalk im trying to find the app. I tried flashing an inverted version and now i have none. However once i find it i will add you. I am really looking forward to whats to come.

Also I would like to pick at your brain about a few android related things that i will get to later. But thats another post for another page...

timmetal6669

Apr 15, 2012
Redlands CA
Moto G7
I just want to say thanks to this dude here: timmetal6669. You have made me feel alot better about this website. You jumped in when no one else would.

Anyway, I would like to start by saying that i have 2 machines that have ubuntu dual booted. I just dont know much about it. I am sooooo willing and able to learn though. So if there is anything i can do to help....please let me know.

As for gtalk im trying to find the app. I tried flashing an inverted version and now i have none. However once i find it i will add you. I am really looking forward to whats to come.

Also I would like to pick at your brain about a few android related things that i will get to later. But thats another post for another page...

Alright, what ROM are you running.. You should have gtalk in your app drawer. Most devs don't remove gapps. Should look like a white mms bubble that says talk on it. Or give me your gmail address and I'll send you an add. Also feel free to post any questions you have here. That's the point of this thread. Plus my whole team and i have no problem helping. So please, pick away.. And if you have ubuntu do you already have dsxda kitchen downloaded, android sdk, & adb shell? If not, Google them and download&install them. Also if you don't already have notepad ++, 7zip,& . 9 compiler, download those too. All of them are free. Also if you can obtain copies of adobe Photoshop and adobe firework, that will help with theming immensly. If you want to compile kernels, start a github and start downloading source files for android 4.1.2 & 4.2.0.. Google all this. Google is our friend:)..
EDIT: UPDATED THE OP WITH LINKS TO TOOLS FOR DEVELOPMENT

Last edited:
Reactions: jamcar

dutchmaster18

Dec 8, 2010
South Jersey
Alright, what ROM are you running.. You should have gtalk in your app drawer. Most devs don't remove gapps. Should look like a white mms bubble that says talk on it. Or give me your gmail address and I'll send you an add. Also feel free to post any questions you have here. That's the point of this thread. Plus my whole team and i have no problem helping. So please, pick away.. And if you have ubuntu do you already have dsxda kitchen downloaded, android sdk, & adb shell? If not, Google them and download&install them. Also if you don't already have notepad ++, 7zip,& . 9 compiler, download those too. All of them are free. Also if you can obtain copies of adobe Photoshop and adobe firework, that will help with theming immensly. If you want to compile kernels, start a github and start downloading source files for android 4.1.2 & 4.2.0.. Google all this. Google is our friend:)..
EDIT: UPDATED THE OP WITH LINKS TO TOOLS FOR DEVELOPMENT

Yea well i tried flashing the inverted google talk and when i did i lost both. All of the other inverted apps worked i.e. google voice google play youtube etc. just lost my talk. But i got it back found a flashable google talk zip and now i have it back. I still want the black edition but i will wait till i can find one that works
Right now i have settled with moar rom which has a working page buddy. Im rockin the note 2 keyboard with a custom backround and a custom multiview.

As for all the tools with ubuntu i will set it all up today. I have off all day and night monday and all day tuesday. I work at night so allmy work will be done during the day my gmail is dutch18sr@gmail.com

timmetal6669

Apr 15, 2012
Redlands CA
Moto G7
Yea well i tried flashing the inverted google talk and when i did i lost both. All of the other inverted apps worked i.e. google voice google play youtube etc. just lost my talk. But i got it back found a flashable google talk zip and now i have it back. I still want the black edition but i will wait till i can find one that works
Right now i have settled with moar rom which has a working page buddy. Im rockin the note 2 keyboard with a custom backround and a custom multiview.

As for all the tools with ubuntu i will set it all up today. I have off all day and night monday and all day tuesday. I work at night so allmy work will be done during the day my gmail is dutch18sr@gmail.com

just FYI, the tools posted in the op are for use with Windows users. I can't install ubuntu... Ive tried.. Ugh

Reactions: Stryke_the_Orc

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
@OP
For Linux they're gonna need to grab the file from here so that their devices show up in ADB

And run the following (directory and name is specific to Ubuntu, find out where it needs to go for your distro but the contents can be copied)

Code:
cd ~/Downloads
chmod a+r ./51-android.rules
sudo mv ./51-android.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules
service udev restart

If the last line gives an error, try this:
Code:
sudo /etc/init.d/udev restart

Reactions: timmetal6669

timmetal6669

Apr 15, 2012
Redlands CA
Moto G7
@OP
For Linux they're gonna need to grab the file from here so that their devices show up in ADB

And run the following (directory and name is specific to Ubuntu, find out where it needs to go for your distro but the contents can be copied)

Code:
cd ~/Downloads
service udev restart

Code:

Thank you VERY much CNexus!! I currently own a windows operating system that's really the family computer. I haven't been able to install ubuntu unfortunately and highly appreciate anything you can bring to this thread. I will update this in the op. Thank you again.

Reactions: CNexus

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
Thank you VERY much CNexus!! I currently own a windows operating system that's really the family computer. I haven't been able to install ubuntu unfortunately and highly appreciate anything you can bring to this thread. I will update this in the op. Thank you again.

No problem, I dual boot windows and ubuntu because my PC is also the family computer, but fortunately I had enough disk space to partition it and install ubuntu on a nice big space

timmetal6669

Apr 15, 2012
Redlands CA
Moto G7
No problem, I dual boot windows and ubuntu because my PC is also the family computer, but fortunately I had enough disk space to partition it and install ubuntu on a nice big space

Lol, that's EXACTLY my problem... Not enough disk space and my processor is a lil older too... Gawd i need another computer.. Oh what i would do for one.... Lol

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
Haha yeah, I got lucky because the rest of the family doesnt use the computer much so there was plenty of space for me to install ubuntu
What I hate is that windows places a block on nonmovable data at the end of its partition, so you cant even resize it by a lot :mad:
I had to reinstall windows on a smaller partition just so i could get ubuntu on my computer :banghead:

timmetal6669

Apr 15, 2012
Redlands CA
Moto G7
Haha yeah, I got lucky because the rest of the family doesnt use the computer much so there was plenty of space for me to install ubuntu
What I hate is that windows places a block on nonmovable data at the end of its partition, so you cant even resize it by a lot :mad:
I had to reinstall windows on a smaller partition just so i could get ubuntu on my computer :banghead:

Ugh I know. Windows and corporate America hate anything open source or in layman's terms.. FREE lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    S1p94.png
    Dev School & PuB

Hello to all. Timmetal6669 here from Team Rejectz. Some of you may Remember me as that one Helpful Dev from the E4GT Forum and my work and contributions over there. I helped Lorjay589 Found Team Rejectz along with helped a number of xda users become the recognized contributors and themers they are today. Ive written several MOD tutorials, helped with ROM projects as well as released my own ROMS. (Which I'm working on a new port for the s3 now) For those of you who don't know my work let me proudly introduce myself and my Team. The following xda members; Lorjay589, Manufan, ShadowGod, Extreme Sense and Twisted Dan ARE Team Rejectz!!! We are also closely affilliated with Team Nocturnal and Team Venum. I would like to give a shout out to Mijjah74, Big Toys Rock, Rwilco (love u bro), Dazed and Confused, Venum and many many others but the list would be too long.
    The purpose of this thread is to offer up and coming Devs and Themers as well as all xda members a chance to bring something to the table here at xda. So if you...
    +always wanted to learn how to theme, or develop Custom Roms or Mods..
    + dont have a clue how to develop for android but have a general understanding of computers
    + are artistic and are willing to learn
    + have always wanted to be a recognized developer but no one took any time with you...

Then this the place! Noob friendly, just need to have the time and willingness to learn. You might even become a member of the Team! This is not gonna be several written tutorials by me (Although all devs are welcome to throw in thier knowledge and how to's :) ) Any one who has worked with me knows that I'm a personable guy and love to help. So im offering myself as a friend and teacher. Add me on gtalk if you are serious about learning. timmetal6669@gmail.com . All devs, Themers, contributors are all welcome here as well to drop your mods,tutorials, tips, tricks, and images or help anyone noob or newbie to Android or the S3. I will update the OP with helpful tools, links, and apps occasionally. Pm me if you think you have something to update in the OP.
    No question is a dumb question here. We all are at different levels of expertise here on xda and the point is to learn so there will be no flaming here. Period. Jokes and horsing around is encouraged tho just keep it clean and above the belt :)

The other purpose of this thread is to have a place for discussion and fun for all Team Rejectz fans and supporters alike. Welcome to the Official Team Rejectz Dev School & PuB!!!!

TOOLS & LINKS FOR DEVELOPING​
    °°°Although I can't post it here, I highly suggest obtaining a copy of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe CS6 Fireworks for theming purposes °°°
    +Team RejectZ Quick Fix http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1913264
    + Notepad++ official download site Download site HERE
    + Beyond Compare php official download site Huge thanks to Mijjah74 for introducing me to this! Invaluable tool for editing and comparing ANY 2 files Download site HERE
    + Android SDK Manager/Tools official download site Download site HERE
    +JRE Java Runtime Envoronment official download site Download site HERE
    +xUltimate-d9pc-x86 (.9 compiler for theming) Download site HERE
    + 7zip Zip archiver Download site HERE
    +ADB Android Debug Bridge (part of the sdk tools) READ ABOUT IT HERE
    +dsixda's kitchen http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=633246
    +Cygwin official download site download site HERE
    + For Linux/ubuntu sdk users, (huge thanks to cnexus since i am only running Windows)

Code:
    cd ~/Downloads
    service udev restart

Code:
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    +how to add kernel support (bootanimation, initd, root, etc) Thanks broodplank1337 [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1698582"]HERE[/URL]
    +[COLOR="Blue"][I]For Devs[/I][/COLOR] Aroma Installer-Read-Download from the OP [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1461712"]Download and Thank the genius Here[/URL]
    +[COLOR="Red"][I]For Xda Users and Rejectz Fans[/I][/COLOR][B]Aroma File Manager-Invaluable CWM companion[/B] [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1646108"]Download and Thank the genius Here[/URL]
    +How to Port Roms to the S3-give Thanks to Droid Modder when you visit his thread[URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1990589"] HERE[/URL]
    +Splash screen Screen Creator Thanks Tru Blue Drew[URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=956434"]HERE[/URL]
    I know its off the subject....."kinda".....I'm making all kinds of themes now thanks to everyone's help.
    Creating .9s from scratch......Learning (a little) .XML work.

Here is my newest creation......."Blood Web" Fancy Widgets CLOCK theme.

Just wanted to share since it's technically still "DEVELOPMENT":laugh::):):good:
    Can anyone tell me how to change the top header and the settings icon like the one shown in the screen shot? Also the background color of device/wireless & network?

Edit: Just point me to where those things are in which files. For example are those pngs? Xml edits? Also this is for SPH-D710. So may be rough guess is ok if you guys don't know. I will find it from there. :)

EI7MN5i.png

They both should be .9png images located in framework/res/drawable-xhdpi folder on the SGS3.

Top image should be called - tw_ab_transparent_dark_holo.9png

Divider images should be called - tw_list_section_divider_holo_dark.9png

Hopefully that helps you out some.
    Lmao im here, i just wasn't following this thread yet :D

Just wanted to thank you again for everything. It's nice to see the whole team here! Lorjay my developing teacher and friend! Miss you brother. . So here's a teaser screen shot for you. This is what your skills have brought us.. working native hotspot, multiwindow, working Rejectz Razor Launcher, with working circle widgets, 360, degree rotation, unknown sources enabled by default, animated weather widget, modified wallpaper chooser, ... reject reboot menu, rejectz quick settings, ... ok..ok I won't spoil it with letting out all the goodies but. . yes its out 0f beta.. In testing.. Release date is by Friday. But this is for you Lorjay...

2VitmRW.jpg
    Hmmm.. Well id be on board for a project like that... I believe i definitely have the developing skills to pull it off, but unfortunately i don't have internet service to update source files in linux. I have ubuntu and linux and cygwin... Just no internet... Lol. If it's not one thing it's another..

Well you know me......I can rip up some graphics.......lol
    Im on board too......just need a direction to head.

AOSP ROM, huh.......sounds interesting :D

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

I been talking about this for a long time now. I really want Us to move beyond just modding Roms. hey CM had to start from somewhere huh?????????????:confused: