[6.Aug.2011][ROM][GSM][2.3.3] ◄► Overcome ROM v3.1.0-KRATOS ◄► Kernel v3.3.1 ◄►

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

offenberg

Oct 7, 2010
Copenhagen
Thansk a ton for the rom. It is just great. The only thing I miss from my stock rom is my samsung keyboard with danish support. Anyone know how and where to get it? I guess I will have to use JP9 as this was my stock build. I hope you could help me. I've looked everywhere for keyboards. When I had my galaxy s it was easy to find. Otherwise great work Im'a stay on this anyways.

alterbridge86

Retired Recognized Developer
May 27, 2010
Boston
Thansk a ton for the rom. It is just great. The only thing I miss from my stock rom is my samsung keyboard with danish support. Anyone know how and where to get it? I guess I will have to use JP9 as this was my stock build. I hope you could help me. I've looked everywhere for keyboards. When I had my galaxy s it was easy to find. Otherwise great work Im'a stay on this anyways.

You can probably grab it from the stock JP9 build...the keyboard is AxT9IME.apk located in /system/app. Note that the stock keyboard does require a library, libXt9core.so, located in /system/lib. Grab those two files and push them to your device (or copy with root explorer, whichever you choose) then reboot and you should be able to choose Danish language for stock samsung keyboard :)

Reactions: offenberg

offenberg

Oct 7, 2010
Copenhagen
You can probably grab it from the stock JP9 build...the keyboard is AxT9IME.apk located in /system/app. Note that the stock keyboard does require a library, libXt9core.so, located in /system/lib. Grab those two files and push them to your device (or copy with root explorer, whichever you choose) then reboot and you should be able to choose Danish language for stock samsung keyboard :)

Thanks. Yeah I know that. But im afraid I lost my nandroid of stock build. So I cannot grab the files:( and I was unable to find a stock jp9 anywhere? :(

edit: if anyone could link me to a stock XWJP9 I would be very pleased.

Last edited:

Bam-Bamm

May 29, 2011
Houston, TX
Jupiter to Kratos, just got used to Jupiter and boom, here comes the update, thanks a million.

1st: right from the initial boot screen, I was like "AWWW YEAH BOY, THIS IS SMURFING AWESOME"

2ND: Your guide is perfect for the novice but educated users.

3rd: gosh, it's still booting. I'll let you know.

shimacin

Apr 12, 2011
Darnnn! U guys are INSANE! AB, You are the head of the INSANE department! ;p

Jupiter release has made me somehow wish that the next release will take at least a few more months ;D ok..ok..my bad,I'm selfish..lol

Outstation now,gonna try kratos once I get back to hometown in a few days. can't imagine what else can be improved from jupiter release XD I'm a noob..so be it :D

TQVM teamovercome!

Sent from my <lolatty bamanged drain>

sliblue

Nov 19, 2010
You guys are the best. Thanks Overcome Team. Just performed No Wipe from Jupiter to Kratos and all is well :). Awesome boot screens !!

D

Deleted member 3118076

Whats the best oc/uv setting for kratos.....

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA Premium App

Suprah

Mar 13, 2011
So can I flash this rom without going back to 2.2.3 via odin?

I'm on cm7 on my tab

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 7in.

sliblue

Nov 19, 2010
After testing and everything works, Donated for Coffee guys and gals :) Thanks again for all the hard work.

Last edited:

Magaboo

Jul 22, 2008
Vancouver
Thanks Alterbridge and Team

Alterbridge and Team.
Thank you for this great ROM. I've updated from Jupiter to Kratos via the 'no-wipe' option.
Just like Jupiter, install was a snap and went without a hitch. The ROM is fast, smooth and I have not encountered any problems, except (there always seems to be some "except":rolleyes:) I have again a problem with the nandroid restore feature. Just like in Jupiter, my tab gets stuck on the 'Samsung Boot Screen', after what seems like a flawless restore and I can only go into the download mode - nothing else. After re-flashing the Kernel (3.3.1) using Odin, the Tab boots and runs with no further issues. It's a small inconvenience when having to do a nandroid restore, but I felt that I should point this out just in case someone else runs into this issue.
Other than that guys, you have again exceeded my anticipation in your ability to produce first class roms.
Thanks again to all involved.
Mag

njackson

Jan 24, 2011
THANKS

Yet another big thanks to the team. :D

Update from Jupiter (My current all time favourite ;)) with the NoWipe and no problems. I know this doesn't mean much, but it is always a debate so I may as well start it off. My Quadrant score on 1500 over clock with no under-volt is 2351. :p Run using VR and OnDemand

Unfortunately it also doesn't mean much to me either as I always run at 800.

I will now start looking at under volting, which I do use, and see how I go.

Thanks again to AB and the Team
Jacko

boram

May 4, 2007
Market Error "insufficicent space on device"

First let me say thank you and great job on the updates...

I have an issue, cannot instal anything from the market. I keep getting the an error "application "xyz" cannot be installed, insufficient space on device".

Here is what i have done so far:

- I was running Jupiter, and installed Kratos nowipe
- I then wiped cache, delvik, and went into apps and deleted download cash
- Didn't work so i installed Kratos full version
- Didn't work
- Formatted SD card, wiped al cash again
- Uninstalled market update
- Installed market patch from Overcome forum

Nothing... Can't think of anything else other than going stock, but i really don't want to have to do that...

For the record same thing happened when i upgraded from icarus to jupiter with nowipe, but it got resolved as soon as i did the full instal with wipe.

Any ideas please?

D

Deleted member 3118076

First let me say thank you and great job on the updates...

I have an issue, cannot instal anything from the market. I keep getting the an error "application "xyz" cannot be installed, insufficient space on device".

Here is what i have done so far:

- I was running Jupiter, and installed Kratos nowipe
- I then wiped cache, delvik, and went into apps and deleted download cash
- Didn't work so i installed Kratos full version
- Didn't work
- Formatted SD card, wiped al cash again
- Uninstalled market update
- Installed market patch from Overcome forum

Nothing... Can't think of anything else other than going stock, but i really don't want to have to do that...

For the record same thing happened when i upgraded from icarus to jupiter with nowipe, but it got resolved as soon as i did the full instal with wipe.

Any ideas please?

restock using v5 n follow the guide.

D

Deleted member 3118076

So can I flash this rom without going back to 2.2.3 via odin?

I'm on cm7 on my tab

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 7in.

go to download mode... install samsung usb drivers again and restock using odin....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [6.Aug.2011][ROM][GSM][2.3.3] ◄► Overcome ROM v3.1.0-KRATOS ◄► Kernel v3.3.1 ◄►

DISCLAIMER: You know the drill, I am not responsible if loading this rom makes your Tab melt, explode, disintegrate, or cause harm to anyone near it. (I am fairly certain none of that will happen though ;) )

Change log in second post.

ROM FEATURES
    • JPA Base Rom - ANDROID 2.3.3
    • Overcome kernel v3.3.1 included
    • No Modem is included - due to a variety of personal preference I decided to leave that a la carte :)
    • Fully Deodexed
    • Fully Zipaligned
    • Rooted with busybox installed
    • Reboot/Recovery/Download options added to the power menu
    • Accurate battery mod with gingerbread styling
    • Blur removed across system (i.e. behind power option menu) - significantly improves performance
    • Power Off confirmation disabled
    • Screen off animation enabled
    • Overscroll Glow effect enabled
    • Added AppWidgetPicker
    • CSC set to XEU
    • Ads Blocked
    • Updated Market to 3.0.26
    • Updated Maps to 5.8.0
    • Flash Player removed due to compatibility issue - install from market and you'll be all set.
    • Updated GMail to 2.3.5
    • Updated YouTube to 2.1.6
    • Updated SamsungApps to 2.5.039
    • Updated StreetView to 1.6.0.6
    • Updated Thinkfree Office Suite
    • Removed Startup/Shutdown sounds
    • Cool boot animation
    • A2DP Bluetooth Connection Fix Integrated
    • SIP calling enabled over 3g AND WiFi
    • Fugutweaks integrated
    • Browser mods (enabled "Default Zoom" in settings, added "User Agent" in settings, set plugins to "on demand" by default)

KERNEL FEATURES
    • Support RFS/EXT2/EXT3/EXT4
    • OC/UV with these steps: 1.6ghz, 1.5ghz, 1.4ghz, 1.3ghz, 1.2ghz, 1ghz, 800mhz, 600mhz, 400mhz, 200mhz, 100mhz
    • Replaced kernel jhash2 with jhash3
    • Adjusted kernel HZ value to improve smoothness
    • Optimized lowmemorykiller values
    • Optimized compiler flags
    • Voodoo Sound v10 (courtesy of supercurio)
    • Voodoo Lagfix (courtesy of supercurio)
    • Overcome CwM Recovery v4.1.1.4 (Custom built Clockworkmod v4.0.1.4)
    • Full support of internal/external SD cards in Recovery
    • V(R) scheduler added and set as Default
    • Kernel tweaks to VM and Scheduler for better performance
    • Built in CIFS/TUN/SlowWork support
    • Touchscreen Undervolted (courtesy Koxudaxi)
    • RAM Undervolted
    • Stochastic Fair Blue (SFB) Network Scheduler
    • Autogroup Scheduler
    • Asynchronous I/O Enabled (AIO)
    • Backlight Notifications (Thanks to Neldar for the mod and Koxudaxi for the patch)

INSTALL GUIDE
    http://p1000.teamovercome.net/?page_id=64

DOWNLOADS
    http://p1000.teamovercome.net/?page_id=558

TIPS AND TWEAKS
    http://p1000.teamovercome.net/?page_id=68

FAQ's
    http://p1000.teamovercome.net/?page_id=66

SOURCES
    https://github.com/alterbridge86

The best is yet to come!
    ROM AND KERNEL CHANGE LOG
    http://www.teamovercome.net/?page_id=171

Overcome v3.1.0-KRATOS
    • Overcome Kernel v3.3.1 Included
    • XWJPA Base
    • 1080p Streaming Flash now smooth as butter
    • Wifi reconnect bug fixed (thanks to source built wpa_supplicant from disguztipated)
    • Updated Google Talk client with fully functioning one (identical to 2.3.4)
    • Updated Gmail to 2.3.5

Overcome Kernel v3.3.1
    • Overcome CwM Recovery Updated to v4.1.1.4 (Upstream fixes and enhancements)
    • Overcome CwM Recovery Updated to v5.1.2.6 (Upstream fixes and enhancements)
    • Nandroid backup fixed so that it does not require an external sd card in the device.
    • Nandroid restore fixed so that it does not corrupt kernel in restore process (note this will likely require a new backup with the new recovery as well)
    • Reverted lowmemkiller change which may have been blocking kswapd0 from sleeping, resulting in battery leakage.
    • Numerous upstream patches enhancing overall stability and performance
    • Smartass governor upgraded to SmartassV2 by Erasmux
    • Touchscreen sensitivity tweaked
    What is UP ya'll!
    Oh wow !!!

Oh wow !!!