changing boot animation on new ics leak

Search This thread

probablecauz69

Mar 23, 2010
can someone please help me out here. i want to get rid of the god awful boot animation on the new ics leak. i have tried to copy over the one that's there now and it wont allow me to. i have also tried to delete it and that doesn't work either. any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

Turboboxer

Oct 7, 2011
ATLANTA
System/customize/resource

Drop it in there and make sure it is named TMOUS_bootanimation and you will be all set ;)

Oh I think there is an audio file for the annoying ass TMO jingle. Kill that too.

Last edited:

porkchopexpress

Oct 4, 2011
Fresno, CA
What is the best way to get in there and change the files around? I downloaded Android Commander on to my computer and even though it lets me downloads files to my PC, it won't let me do anything to the android system files because it says I need root, even though I do in fact have root.

probablecauz69

Mar 23, 2010
What is the best way to get in there and change the files around? I downloaded Android Commander on to my computer and even though it lets me downloads files to my PC, it won't let me do anything to the android system files because it says I need root, even though I do in fact have root.

i just put it on my sd card and then es file explorer to move it over on the phone

Turboboxer

Oct 7, 2011
ATLANTA

Download to SD. Then I use root explorer. PM me your email. I got some goodies for you. :D

Reactions: porkchopexpress

probablecauz69

Mar 23, 2010
ok i am able to change the boot animation and got rid of the t mobile jingle. now i want to add my own audio file during the boot animation. what do i need to name the file to work properly. i named it just like the t mobile jingle sound but that didnt work. any help would be greatly appreciated

porkchopexpress

Oct 4, 2011
Fresno, CA
The T-Jingle is just a ringtone, the bootup sound is named ruby_something, I don't remember what exactly off the top of my head, but it is a .wav file.

If I am going to put my own boot animation in here, can I just find a GIF of the appropriate dimensions and rename it .zip, or do I have to take each frame and convert it to a .png and put it in a zip file the same way that the default boot animation is?

probablecauz69

Mar 23, 2010
The T-Jingle is just a ringtone, the bootup sound is named ruby_something, I don't remember what exactly off the top of my head, but it is a .wav file.

If I am going to put my own boot animation in here, can I just find a GIF of the appropriate dimensions and rename it .zip, or do I have to take each frame and convert it to a .png and put it in a zip file the same way that the default boot animation is?

no actually T-Jingle is the sound that was used on the original boot animation. as soon as i got rid of it that jingle did not sound when i loaded up the boot animation. i know the .wav file you speak of though. but if that was the boot animation sound why wouldn't it sound now with my new boot animation. there has to be some way to associate the new boot animation with what ever sound file when the phone boots up. as far as creating your own boot animation there are a lot of tutorials on this site. within the boot animation zip file there is a text file that basically tells the screen resolution and how as well as the frame rate and how the file should work. you should dl any boot animation and look at the desc.txt file. that will give you a little of an idea of how it all works.

porkchopexpress

Oct 4, 2011
Fresno, CA
no actually T-Jingle is the sound that was used on the original boot animation.

Weird, on my phone T-Jingle.ogg is just a 3 second clip of the T-Mobile jingle ringtone sound, the one that plays on my phone at startup was ruby_something.wav, which is much longer and has the sort of rocket blast sound at the beginning and then a prolonged T-Mobile jingle.

s far as creating your own boot animation there are a lot of tutorials on this site. within the boot animation zip file there is a text file that basically tells the screen resolution and how as well as the frame rate and how the file should work. you should dl any boot animation and look at the desc.txt file. that will give you a little of an idea of how it all works.

I will open up the default boot animation and see what's doing. It is kind of confusing though because in the zip file is all of the .png files for the animation, but then there is another .zip file that has the exact same thing in it.

probablecauz69

Mar 23, 2010
Weird, on my phone T-Jingle.ogg is just a 3 second clip of the T-Mobile jingle ringtone sound, the one that plays on my phone at startup was ruby_something.wav, which is much longer and has the sort of rocket blast sound at the beginning and then a prolonged T-Mobile jingle.
they both might be involved with the boot animation but as soon as i removed the t-jungle.ogg there was no sound at all when the boot animation. i will try messing with the other sound and see what happend

I will open up the default boot animation and see what's doing. It is kind of confusing though because in the zip file is all of the .png files for the animation, but then there is another .zip file that has the exact same thing in it.

not quite sure about that. i just know that i was able to take a boot animation from another phone and edit the desc.txt file to the proper screen resolution to get it to work. like i had mentioned if you do a search on the site there are quite a few tutorials on how to create the boot animations. good luck

answered above in your quote

assface2009

Jul 3, 2010
Paterson, NJ
sorry for bringing up a fairly old thread, but this is exactly what i was looking for.

so i was able to change back to the stock boot animation as OP said, but I DO want the original sound to it, right now there is no sound. what is the file called and where is it located? i found the file in a t-mobile bloater zip from another thread, just no idea where it goes and what it should be called.

mike102871

Feb 20, 2011
Motorola Edge 20
sorry for bringing up a fairly old thread, but this is exactly what i was looking for.

so i was able to change back to the stock boot animation as OP said, but I DO want the original sound to it, right now there is no sound. what is the file called and where is it located? i found the file in a t-mobile bloater zip from another thread, just no idea where it goes and what it should be called.

Im also looking for the answer, where does the sound file go?

mike102871

Feb 20, 2011
Motorola Edge 20
Did any of you read anything I posted? The wav file I posted is the default boot sound.

Ithink you quickly answered without knowing what i and last poster asked, where in the boot animation zip does the sound file go, the link you gave me has the sound file seperate from the bootanimation zip.
I read every post in this thread and my question is not answered.

Dark Nightmare

Aug 5, 2011
WhereEverMyFeetAre
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Ithink you quickly answered without knowing what i and last poster asked, where in the boot animation zip does the sound file go, the link you gave me has the sound file seperate from the bootanimation zip.
I read every post in this thread and my question is not answered.

Did you even look at the link I posted in your thread? If you did, then you wouldn't be looking to put the sound file in the bootanimation, but instead put it in the required folder, that's why I linked to a tutorial, it is there for a reason.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    System/customize/resource

Drop it in there and make sure it is named TMOUS_bootanimation and you will be all set ;)

Oh I think there is an audio file for the annoying ass TMO jingle. Kill that too.

Download to SD. Then I use root explorer. PM me your email. I got some goodies for you. :D