[Q] Root method for 4.4.2 OTA?

Search This thread

DJ0224

Apr 4, 2014
Are the old root methods for 4.3 still valid after taking the 4.4.2 OTA? I tried using kingo root but it will not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SomeFknGuy

Jul 21, 2011
Are the old root methods for 4.3 still valid after taking the 4.4.2 OTA? I tried using kingo root but it will not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The way I understand it is they changed something in the code that broke the old roots. Were you rooted before the 4.4.2 OTA? There were many threads here warning against taking the OTA for the risk of loosing root. You may be without it for a while until someone finds a work around for the new code...

DJ0224

Apr 4, 2014
The way I understand it is they changed something in the code that broke the old roots. Were you rooted before the 4.4.2 OTA? There were many threads here warning against taking the OTA for the risk of loosing root. You may be without it for a while until someone finds a work around for the new code...

No, I was not rooted beforehand. I just recently got the phone and love it. But man I would love to get root access for bloatware, adblock, ect. I guess i'll have to just keep an eye out for a new method when one drops.

Thanks for the quick reply though! :good:

Nadious

Aug 26, 2010
Yeah, in the same boat here. I just got the phone on the day KK dropped, so I assumed the update when i first powered the phone on was an old one. If only I had known! LOL