Invisible Shield by ZAGG for xperia play

Search This thread

vdciii

Jun 17, 2011
Has anyone tried the ishield? Its cool man. WHat can you say about it? :)

jutley

Mar 23, 2006
UK
I ordered the best skins it is same quality and cheaper price but much more clearer than zag and of the same quality. Just fitting it now takes time if you want to do a proper job like me i will upload pics of it when i am done.

silvacrest

Feb 20, 2010
I ordered the best skins it is same quality and cheaper price but much more clearer than zag and of the same quality. Just fitting it now takes time if you want to do a proper job like me i will upload pics of it when i am done.

i did pretty much the same thing, its a pain trying to install the shield without getting dirt or dust underneath but when its finally done it looks great :)

vdciii

Jun 17, 2011
i see i see. can you post a site about your best skin so i can look further. thanks

twe69

Dec 24, 2008
I went with bestskinsever too but not fitted it yet, will do today or the weekend, can post pics if need be....

Just bought the body one as the screen protector it comes with is great and a better job than me doing it.....

jutley

Mar 23, 2006
UK
I have been fitting thease things for years and can do a very profesional job of it you cannot tell there is a skin on it when i finish with it i think mine will be finished today i hope but its looking good.

dannejanne

Mar 23, 2011
Norrköping, Sweden
I strongly dislike the Zagg protective shields. The touch feel is horrible with them on. I rather get some scratches than use them. I had one a little while on another phone but ripped it of after a few hours.

Besides. There's already protection on it? I would like to get another one of those original ones instead. You can hardly see nor feel it.

silvacrest

Feb 20, 2010
I strongly dislike the Zagg protective shields. The touch feel is horrible with them on. I rather get some scratches than use them. I had one a little while on another phone but ripped it of after a few hours.

Besides. There's already protection on it? I would like to get another one of those original ones instead. You can hardly see nor feel it.

i got mine for resale purposes, not that im planning on selling it any time soon, but a mint condition, sim free, white xperia play r800i should go for more then a scratched black one :D

Hi vdciii.

I've had the invisishield installed on my phone. Since you're also from the Philippines, there is an official store that installs them with lifetime warranty (if it gets torn or damaged, 400 for "shipping"). So if the protector gets loose, they can also fix it for free, just do this before dirt gets in. I got it for only P1500.

The only thing I dislike about it is that there's a certain friction with your finger sometimes that annoys me, but it works. It also gets a bit finger print dirty but nothing a good wipe can't fix.

vdciii

Jun 17, 2011
Hi vdciii.

I've had the invisishield installed on my phone. Since you're also from the Philippines, there is an official store that installs them with lifetime warranty (if it gets torn or damaged, 400 for "shipping"). So if the protector gets loose, they can also fix it for free, just do this before dirt gets in. I got it for only P1500.

The only thing I dislike about it is that there's a certain friction with your finger sometimes that annoys me, but it works. It also gets a bit finger print dirty but nothing a good wipe can't fix.

hello!
yeah, i find it a little bit annoying too. but for an exchange of full body protection, i think it's okay for me.

But what annoys me more is the thought that not all parts are protected. the white metal on the screen part is not protected which is different from what i have seen in the sites here. i thought of double checking the other ishield for xperia play when i have time.

How's your xplay now anyway? does it still have the ishield up to now?

hello!
yeah, i find it a little bit annoying too. but for an exchange of full body protection, i think it's okay for me.

But what annoys me more is the thought that not all parts are protected. the white metal on the screen part is not protected which is different from what i have seen in the sites here. i thought of double checking the other ishield for xperia play when i have time.

How's your xplay now anyway? does it still have the ishield up to now?

My xp is still protected by invishield up to now. Other than the dirty screen, I think it's good enough naked. It's just hard to find silicone/crystal cases for this phone in this country.

SondreVAIO

Mar 21, 2011
I have used my Invisible Shield since i bought my Play in august. Still no scratches :D Just bought the Play Dock too :)

Sent from my R800i using xda premium

CZroe

Nov 13, 2011
Newnan, GA
I'm very disappointed in Invisible Phone Guard. It appeared to include more coverage bits than any others on eBay and was described as being thinner than the others and compatible with "any" case. It seems as thick as any Zagg shield and includes NO corner protection/coverage. The right-side piece only surrounds the volume buttons and does not run the length on the side like that carbon fiber style one someone else has here. Though there are pieces to cover the trim above the screen and below the buttons, it has none to cover teh silver bits on the left and right of the screen. It also includes no protection for the L & R buttons. I think the Zagg Invisible Shield option with all the extra bits would have more coverage but they don't show it on the site. :(

Oh, did I mention that the microfiber cloth was full of lint? Also, even though I tried to align the screen protector with the top of the screen it is touching the bottom and seems to be causing my home button to stick down. It should have been a little shorter! Before reinstalling my Otterbox Commuter I noticed that the clips that go over the top and bottom were fractured and, sure enough, they cracked through and flaked off when probed with my fingers. When I snapped in on the phone, I saw new stress fractures appear.

I'm not happy with the Otterbox Commuter either, but that's for another thread.

CZroe

Nov 13, 2011
Newnan, GA
I dont understadn, what's the difference between this and another normal screen protector?

First of all, what do you consider "normal?" Traditional Zagg Invisible Shield screen protectors have an adhesive and require wet application, while they now have a new line of "dry" protectors that are likely more like the alternative stiff film variety (dunno. haven't seen one). The original Invisible Shield is a very tough elastic designed for things like the edges of helicopter blades and it adds what has been described as an "rubbery orange peel" texture as opposed to the smooth texture of many others. It feels a bit sticky when perfectly clean. There are many others that use the exact same material, like the Invisible Phone Guard that I mentioned earlier. Zagg charges more than most alternatives and has different options, including screen, full-body, and another that has little bits to cover every part if you are dedicated enough to bother installing it.

GojiTronix

May 8, 2011
Calgary
Its great, I have had one on every smart phone that I have had, I have never gotten scratches on it either.

Sent from my R800a using XDA App

ioo7

Dec 29, 2011
Winnetka, CA
I have it on mine, I think it was a bit much i payed 38$ for mine just because i got the phone for free with upgread. Its the full shield and its not so bad. Makes ur phone super glossy. For the protection its worth it. And yrs the finger doesnot glide like it did but really not that bad this phone aint cheap rimember that. Zagg works
Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

I have had the shield before and it covers well due to it being thicker then most covers, however the feel of it is very resistive. Which I do not like.

Also, I have had 2 friends who after many months of using the shield on their phones had issues with their touchscreens going out. If I recall over time the zaggshirld will damage your touchscreen digitzer. When I finally removed my zaggshield it was all yellow.

My opnion do not touch a zaggshield yeah they really protect your phone until the touchscreen takes a crap on you.