[ICS AOSP ROM] "AOKP" (Android Open KANG Project) [BETA 03/11/2012]

Search This thread

jjhiza

Dec 19, 2010
Dirty Jersey
^^ I actually find the ROM to be pretty snappy and responsive. It takes a little while for it to "settle in", but if you perform some additional tweaks, it's incredibly fast and responsive...give it a little time. :)

AOKP M4

trini.s2k

Dec 31, 2011
^^ I actually find the ROM to be pretty snappy and responsive. It takes a little while for it to "settle in", but if you perform some additional tweaks, it's incredibly fast and responsive...give it a little time. :)

AOKP M4

what kind of tweaks and how would i add these tweaks, also what do these tweaks do ? :D

---------- Post added at 04:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 AM ----------

what is enable sysctl in start up tweaks?

jjhiza

Dec 19, 2010
Dirty Jersey
what kind of tweaks and how would i add these tweaks, also what do these tweaks do ? :D

---------- Post added at 04:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 AM ----------

what is enable sysctl in start up tweaks?

It's "system control". I don't use it, because I set my systctl values manually with ROM Toolbox. The tweaks I have are Zepplinrocks' V6 SuperCharge (with NitroLag and 3G Boost), as well as some kernel module, sd boost, systctl, and VM Heap adjustments, all done in ROM Toolbox Pro. I'm also overclocked using Script Manager (but I'm looking for a more efficient way to overclock and undervolt at the moment). Zepplin's V6 thread is here at XDA, but ROM Toolbox Pro will cost you a couple bucks in the market. The free version of RT will do some of the things I mentioned, but not all of them. If you're interested, shoot me a PM, and I can detail how I have my phone set up. :)

AOKP M4

huhu1312

Aug 14, 2010
Düsseldorf
i flashed 4/1 some min ago.
but i still get FC when trying to open RomControl->Lockscreen Settings ;(
its since i tested gummyrom i think.

Edit: normaly i only had done wipe data/factory reset. i also wiped the cache and it worked now
aokp i the best rom i tryed ever great work ;]

Weather function not come up on the lockscreen for me. other also have this problem?
and the labels under the icons are missinng in landscape mode on homescreen

Last edited:

trini.s2k

Dec 31, 2011
i flashed 4/1 some min ago.
but i still get FC when trying to open RomControl->Lockscreen Settings ;(
its since i tested gummyrom i think.

Edit: normaly i only had done wipe data/factory reset. i also wiped the cache and it worked now
aokp i the best rom i tryed ever great work ;]

Weather function not come up on the lockscreen for me. other also have this problem?
and the labels under the icons are missinng in landscape mode on homescreen

try moving the location of the weather , to bottom of the text back to top of panel that happen to me and then it showed up ...also restart when u choose the options u want , sometimes things clear up and its there

jjhiza

Dec 19, 2010
Dirty Jersey
Not sure...it's 3MB smaller, so something has either been cleaned up, or is missing. I'm going to stick with the 3-31 build until Hash releases another official beta or Milestone 5 comes out. I'm not having any problems, so I'm not gonna tempt fate, lol.

AOKP M4

ovelayer

Mar 19, 2011
spokane
Loving the 4-1 update
Still has quirks but nice..wish droid overclock and rom toolbox were up to date with todays rom/kernel/phone support would really help to snap this rom up and maybe save on alittle battery life..:D

bogdan_wrc

Nov 22, 2008
very good version! thank you!
works fine...and i used CWM to install it. but now, how do i remove CWM and let the ROM start just like the stock one?
i hate it when i have the start in recovery...and choose reboot everytime...

jjhiza

Dec 19, 2010
Dirty Jersey
If you're rooted and running a ROM of any kind, you DON'T remove cwm... you need a recovery of some kind. It takes about 0.02 seconds to press the search key to continue the boot cycle, or you can just let it boot on its own (takes about 5 seconds). Why would you want to remove cwm??? :confused:

AOKP M4

Reactions: bogdan_wrc

bogdan_wrc

Nov 22, 2008
and what if i want to try safestrap and CM9 on other system?

when in CWM...every time I start..i have to choose "REBOOT now" whith power key...

redsox985

Aug 30, 2011
PA
If you want AOKP on your main system, from stock, you should install bootstrap, flash the ROM, boot up, remove bootstrap, install safestrap, reboot, switch to safe, then flash your secondary ROM.

bogdan_wrc

Nov 22, 2008
"remove bootstrap, install safestrap"...this is where it gets lost. it remains in animation logo.

redsox985

Aug 30, 2011
PA
Once you install with bootstrap, boot it up, go to apps, and uninstall bootstrap. Navigate to the SS apk on your SD card, select it install it, open it up, install the recovery and reboot. You should now be in SS.

huhu1312

Aug 14, 2010
Düsseldorf
i was playing around this morning and found a bug (4/1)
when i wanne show the torch button in the statusbar it show me a sync button ;]
and in landscape mode the labels under the icons are invisible on the homescreen?

i also tryed to change the weather position on lockscreen but its not coming up
maybe after reboot^

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *** NEW BLOG SITE: http://blog.hash-of-codes.com ***

AUTOMATIC NIGHTLIES ARE HERE

GET GAPPS HERE (Choose "CyanogenMod 9.0.x" Link)

DON'T LET GOOGLE RESTORE YOUR SETTINGS WHEN INSTALLING THIS ROM COMING FROM GINGERBREAD

Changelogs:

Automatic STS-Dev-Team Development Log

Android is all about choices. And here's another choice for AOSP ROM:

"AOKP" (Android Open KANG Project) is a built from source ROM similar to CyanogenMod (but different).
    I didn't create AOKP, I only ported it to the Droid 3.

You can visit the AOKP website here:
    http://forum.aokp.co/

Their developers include: Roman, Zaphod-Beeblebrox, Whitehawkx, and more.
    The future of AOKP is quite bright as new features are popping up all the time.

DON'T LET GOOGLE RESTORE YOUR SETTINGS WHEN INSTALLING THIS ROM COMING FROM GINGERBREAD

GITHUB sources are here:
    https://github.com/o...ns/STS-Dev-Team

FOR DEVS: You can check out the local_manifest.xml for getting this ROM up and running here:
    https://github.com/STS-Dev-Team/android_local_STS/tree/ics-aokp

WHAT DOESN'T WORK:
    Better Camera function (FFC, Face detect, etc in progress)
    HW Video Codecs (in progress)
    Bluetooth on but not connected = loss of all audio (in progress)

ENJOY!

Screenshots:
    AOKP-Settings_480.png
    AOKP-ROMControl_480.png
    AOKP-Toggles_480.png
    cm-9-20120815-UNOFFICIAL-solana- http://www.mediafire.com/?32qdljchw8n11af

aokp_solana_milestone-6-20120725- http://www.mediafire.com/?k33emb3uxphnbf9

Gummy_solana-Release-2012-07-06-08_27- http://www.mediafire.com/?56qr0dl018btda3

This are all latest non kexec builds

Hope I helped you :)

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk 2
    Over the next week or 2, I'm going back over each device to see if I can make some changes in how wifi and bluetooth work.

I know these are fairly big problem areas in the ROMs. But the changes require new kernel modules to be built and some new configurations to test, so I just haven't gotten around to it.

Thanks for being patient.

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA
    KNOWN ISSUES:

Camera: FFC, and ICS functions are in progress
    HW Codecs: in progress
    GSM Data issues
    Vibrate issues?
    I have a new build up for AOKP D3 (it's build 29 tho):

http://rombot.droidhive.com/ROMs/solana/aokp/DROID3-AOKP-04-06-SELFKANG.zip
    md5sum: a839130448efe9db0ab5c509192fdf12

This fixes the bluetooth issue which has been plaguing the build for a while now.

However, build 30 is RIGHT around the corner. So you may want to hold off till that drops, and I'll update the OP as well then.

In general the AOKP build has been a train wreck since the 4.0.4 merge. It has to do with how AOKP is pulling from AOSP on the master branch (so changes come in every day which aren't sync'd up with the rest of the build).

I've tried to patch it up as best I can for now, till AOKP gets done rebasing all of their gits to the "ics" branch name and then fixes the manifest.xml to pull from the AOSP 4.0.4_r1.1 tagged AOSP projects.

So, hopefully we see some steady nightly builds again.

I'll look at the long press home button tonight. It was 3am when I called it quits last night after getting the build fixed for all of our phones (they didn't have the bluetooth problem, but it wasn't compiling due to the AOSP issues).

Let me know if this new build has any new issues.