[ROM][Nightlies][03-02-2012]CyanogenMod 9 Nightlies Galaxy Tab 10.1 WIFI

Search This thread

Beezer80

Jul 28, 2009
I have GT in download mode and Odin up and running but where do I put the recovery.tar? Do I tick any of the boxes within Odin? Thanks for any help :)

Put the recovery tar in the PDA section of Odin. Uncheck reboot. Once the recovery flashes reboot into recovery by holding volume down and power.

Reactions: brie987

FrstdOne

Sep 9, 2010
Brightness And Overall Clarity

I switched to this from the stock ROM as I wanted to be on ICS with my phone and my tablet.

Generally, I love ICS but when switching to this ROM on my tablet it seems the images are a little less clear, the font is a little lighter, and most of all, the backlight cannot get as dark as I would like.

At night, I use this as my ereader and I turn the screen as dark as it can go. On the stock ROM, this was perfect. On this ROM, even with dimming the screen as low as I can, it still seems too bright and hurts my eyes. How do I make it even darker? I am using a normal (non-nighttime) theme on my reader (Mantano).

Beezer80

Jul 28, 2009
I haven't noticed any problems yet. Thanks again for all the hard work that is put into this. :)

mcgoo99

Nov 15, 2009
this is AWESOME. after my frustrations with the delays of waiting for ICS, MLB TV Live Streams not working on my Tab 10.1 3.2 HC (everyone in the Android Market is complaining about it), and the sluggishness of Samsung TouchWiz poop, i wiped everything and installed the 4/18 CM9 nightly and 3/17 gapps.

MLB TV Live streaming now works. so happy.
A2DP works as well, all my apps restored (though the Play app thought my SGN was what it was restoring to, oh well)

just had one freeze during app restoration. hard-rebooted, restore completed itself, no problem since. THANK YOU CM TEAM.

are any custom kernels worth applying, or is stock ok for now? once the camera source gets dropped and included in this, i'll be content. i'm willing to sacrifice video chat for baseball in the meantime.

mcgoo99

Nov 15, 2009
so not everything is peaches and cream. a couple issues have crept up:

wifi seems to disconnect after idling a while and can't reconnect
just once so far, the lockscreen (in landscape mode) wouldn't recognize my touches. rotated to portrait mode and was able to unlock the tablet
had one random freeze which prompted a hard shutdown of the tablet.
games like WWF and Scramble seem a bit laggy
EDIT: forgot to mention when i plug my Tab into my Win7 USB, it no longer shows up as an MTP device. is there a setting or a driver that i'm missing here? debugging is disabled.

gonna flash the 4/19 SNAPSHOT found over at the DroidBasement and see how that goes. still waaaay better than the 3.2 stock ROM imho.

Last edited:

pershoot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2008
so not everything is peaches and cream. a couple issues have crept up:

wifi seems to disconnect after idling a while and can't reconnect
just once so far, the lockscreen (in landscape mode) wouldn't recognize my touches. rotated to portrait mode and was able to unlock the tablet
had one random freeze which prompted a hard shutdown of the tablet.
games like WWF and Scramble seem a bit laggy
EDIT: forgot to mention when i plug my Tab into my Win7 USB, it no longer shows up as an MTP device. is there a setting or a driver that i'm missing here? debugging is disabled.

gonna flash the 4/19 SNAPSHOT found over at the DroidBasement and see how that goes. still waaaay better than the 3.2 stock ROM imho.

all that stuff has been sorted (nothing reported of that variant any longer for most tabs from various testers).

games, is up to the developer for ICS 4.0.4 support.

go to settings, storage, and you'll see the option there.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcgoo99

mcgoo99

Nov 15, 2009
all that stuff has been sorted (nothing reported of that variant any longer for most tabs from various testers).

games, is up to the developer for ICS 4.0.4 support.

go to settings, storage, and you'll see the option there.

ah, i knew i had to be missing something! MTP works great, thank you. also, i played w/ the governor and turned up the min CPU settings and lag is mostly gone. thanks for all your work on the Tab, pershoot!

mcgoo99

Nov 15, 2009
after a weekend of playing with it, this is not quite ready for stable release. this biggest issues i saw were:

wifi occasionally turns itself off after screen-off (despite me leaving it on all the time), and when the screen comes on the tablet is unresponsive until the wifi reconnects again. no touches are registered, just the orientation changes when i rotate the tablet, and

the occasional reboot. sometimes when the screen is on and i'm playing with it, other times when it's idle. the results is a bootloop that isn't really a bootloop; the CM9 splash-screen comes up and plays, but it doesn't restart, just keeps displaying the end-part of the animation, and will do this for hours. i have to hard-reset it and only when the tablet boots from the Samsung boot screen does it come back to life.

not huge issues, but unstable enough to make me wonder about the AOKP ROM. sucks because i'm using CM9 on my SGN too, and would like to keep both the same. BTW, not doing anything fancy w/ the tablet, stock settings all around (216-1000, interactive governor, no set at boot, no OC).

Nuskul

Oct 9, 2010
after a weekend of playing with it, this is not quite ready for stable release. this biggest issues i saw were:

wifi occasionally turns itself off after screen-off (despite me leaving it on all the time), and when the screen comes on the tablet is unresponsive until the wifi reconnects again. no touches are registered, just the orientation changes when i rotate the tablet, and

the occasional reboot. sometimes when the screen is on and i'm playing with it, other times when it's idle. the results is a bootloop that isn't really a bootloop; the CM9 splash-screen comes up and plays, but it doesn't restart, just keeps displaying the end-part of the animation, and will do this for hours. i have to hard-reset it and only when the tablet boots from the Samsung boot screen does it come back to life.

not huge issues, but unstable enough to make me wonder about the AOKP ROM. sucks because i'm using CM9 on my SGN too, and would like to keep both the same. BTW, not doing anything fancy w/ the tablet, stock settings all around (216-1000, interactive governor, no set at boot, no OC).

I switched to on demand governor and seems a little snappier, and may just be in my head but I have no issues at all.

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008

419 is rock solid over here. you have another issue if you're getting bootloops.

full wipe, reflash 419 from db, flash 317 gapps, boot in. dont restore apps or oc. run for 24 hrs and observe.

see this reply about the screen dim issue and getting logs, etc. (which i can no longer reproduce due to the touchscreen fixes put in, which is in 419):
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25228120&postcount=327

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
419 is rock solid over here. you have another issue if you're getting bootloops.

full wipe, reflash 419 from db, flash 317 gapps, boot in. dont restore apps or oc. run for 24 hrs and observe.

see this reply about the screen dim issue and getting logs, etc. (which i can no longer reproduce due to the touchscreen fixes put in, which is in 419):
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25228120&postcount=327

i brought in some more touchscreen changes, if you want to test to see if that dim screen issue is completely gone.

http://droidbasement.com/galaxy/roms/cm9/p4wifi/boot.tar.md5

flash with odin.

Linux localhost 2.6.36.4-cyanogenmod+ #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Apr 23 20:16:56 EDT 201
2 armv7l GNU/Linux

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    image11.png

Source: AndroidPolice

Download ROM::: http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=p4wifi

Download Gapps:: http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-ics-20120304-signed.zip

Fix error when installing on CWM

1- man needs to install is the "updater-script" located in "META-INF \ com \ google \ android" and delete the first line of code! open the file using Notepad + +

---- assert (GetProp ("ro.product.device") == "p4wifi" | | GetProp ("ro.build.product") == "p4wifi"); ----

2- then save the file!

3- then return to the root folder of the entire room and compressed "ZIP" using winrar!

4- then copy to SD of the tablet and then install from CWM 5.0.2.7
    im nearing completion of p4wifi (cm9 stable rls project, hehe). this will have all working. will call upon a few of you to test when im almost there.

'should' have a test out maybe by end of wknd, beginning of next week.

the other tabs will follow once this is done.
    Nothing wrong with where this thread is. Any ROM thread belongs in the development forum as it would have obviously been developed outside of the normal scope of this piece of hardware. Topics within the normal, or general, scope of this piece of hardware belong in the general forum area. And whether or not the OP is an "official CM member" is completely beside the point and has nothing at all to do with it. Been plenty of other instances where members have started threads in this forum about ROMS for which they are not the developer.

there is a couple problems i have with this thread. its just a link to an already used forum to download from. it has no instructions for new guys (or others in general). no gapps link (everyone would appreciate it im sure). there is no support in this thread from the OP. I had to come and fix the download in order for the general public to be able to flash. in my own opinion, this thread shouldn't have even been started by the OP if no support can be given by him.
    ill just keep posting this so everyone knows where to get it i guess. thanks OP. :mad:

here is a flashable version of the NIGHTLY.

FLASH IN CWM!!!
    cooltext654154821.png

http://goo-inside.me/devs/task650/Galaxy_Tab_10.1/update-cm-9-20120302-SNAPSHOT-p4wifi-signed.zip