Build Quality Defects - Poll - All One X owners please vote!

Is your One X build well?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Goku80

Mar 18, 2012
Within the Matrix
Hey goku80 you going s3 on us?

I just played mass effect infiltrator for 17minds and the temp never hit anything over 52c. That's good right?

Do you think the s3 will also have heat? It is a quad core device but the architecture is more efficient

yeah mate since my one x gone back for repairs i kinda had a change of heart and really do not want this phone anymore. nothing but trouble and since i am a big fan of flashing custom roms and kernels and modems for me the s3 is the better choice. better development and all round easier methods to flash stuff. not just that though the HTC phone really has put me off for the quality. anyways regarding the games i am not sure as i really do not play much.

thedan55

Aug 23, 2009
yeah mate since my one x gone back for repairs i kinda had a change of heart and really do not want this phone anymore. nothing but trouble and since i am a big fan of flashing custom roms and kernels and modems for me the s3 is the better choice. better development and all round easier methods to flash stuff. not just that though the HTC phone really has put me off for the quality. anyways regarding the games i am not sure as i really do not play much.

The poor battery life and heat on my one x is starting to bug me but too. I'm getting a little disappointed with this phone. Thankfully thank god I've not had any issues with my one x in terms of build quality just the heat ad battery life are concerns for me.

Seeing as the s3 is quad core too , will get get as hot as the one x?

Goku80

Mar 18, 2012
Within the Matrix
The poor battery life and heat on my one x is starting to bug me but too. I'm getting a little disappointed with this phone. Thankfully thank god I've not had any issues with my one x in terms of build quality just the heat ad battery life are concerns for me.

Probably. But the thing is depending how you use the phone.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

thedan55

Aug 23, 2009

Yeah true. While gaming I suppose the s3 would heat up too. Think is im not a huge gamer but I do play games sometimes and that just destroys the battery life on the one x.

Also what does it mean when the led on the phone flashes green and red? It's on charge through my external battery and I started playing a game and the led was flashing green to red.

sachinaik

Jun 6, 2011
Bangalore
Yeah true. While gaming I suppose the s3 would heat up too. Think is im not a huge gamer but I do play games sometimes and that just destroys the battery life on the one x.

Also what does it mean when the led on the phone flashes green and red? It's on charge through my external battery and I started playing a game and the led was flashing green to red.

Guys,

SGS3 : 32 nm
ONEX : 40 nm

32 nm means less heat, more battery life.

Best is 28nm kraits. They are better than anything on market now.

I'm looking for a 28nm quad core krait 4.3 inch SAMOLED Plus 720p with 2000MAh and 12MP camera with low light handling.
Until then I'll stick with sgs2.

There's OneS though. It is better than OneX but not available in my country.

I thought of buying OneX. But now, hell no !!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MaBlo

Dec 21, 2010
Guys,

SGS3 : 32 nm
ONEX : 40 nm

32 nm means less heat, more battery life.

Best is 28nm kraits. They are better than anything on market now.

I'm looking for a 28nm quad core krait 4.3 inch SAMOLED Plus 720p with 2000MAh and 12MP camera with low light handling.
Until then I'll stick with sgs2.

There's OneS though. It is better than OneX but not available in my country.

I thought of buying OneX. But now, hell no !!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Yeah that's my only issue with the One X, battery life when gaming. I wouldn't say that the One S is better though. Less storage, crappy screen compared to the X and no Tegra games. CPU wise their about as fast, but the gpu on the X is about 12% faster. Not that I think that matters that much.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
ok you guys sorry but go look at Sonic 4 Episode 2 to see what T3 can do and before you say chainfire, it will run the game but not nearly as good

The SGS3 has a very powerful GPU but it needs software support

Last edited:

Goku80

Mar 18, 2012
Within the Matrix
ok you guys sorry but go look at Sonic 4 Episode 2 to see what T3 can do and before you say chainfire, it will run the game but not nearly as good

The SGS3 has a very powerful GPU but it needs software support

and that is the one advantage that the One X has over the S3...always said that and will keep saying it...it is best to have the software out of the box instead using the need to have the support for it to play on a handset ie chainfire.:)

svenvv

Aug 14, 2010
When i came home today i noticed the device had a strange bump and a crack on the backcover. It's located in the bottom-right of the device.
I must say that it was rather warm today and my phone was inside a black bag which caused the phone to heat up quite alot. Although when you play a game the device heats up way more.
anyone had encoutered this problem before?
pic:
onexcrack.JPG

BenPope

Dec 20, 2007
I would keep a VERY close eye on that when you charge it next. I.e., don't leave it unattended and have a bucket of water handy.

svenvv

Aug 14, 2010
I would keep a VERY close eye on that when you charge it next. I.e., don't leave it unattended and have a bucket of water handy.

hmmm... I usually charge it next to my bed when i'm asleep. But I'll sure keep an eye on that. Who likes exploding batteries anyway?

I'll bring it in for repair tomorrow. Backing up and reflashing a RUU as I speak ;)

Reactions: DimoSK

thedan55

Aug 23, 2009
I have a question lads hopefully someone can help.

I have an external battery that has two pets for charging two devices.

Its a 12000 mah battery capable of charging one phone and one tablet. One is rated at 5.5v at 1mah fur phones and 5v at 2mah for tablets.

When I plug the one x into the phone port and I go into HTC info app it shoes as charging from USB. Which I would imagine would be a slow charge. Is there any way for me to tell the phone to pull the Max like is charging on ac

vinrem

May 24, 2012
The only problem i encountered with my white one x is the wifi issue (signal only 1 bar/no bar at all) after i installed 1.29, but i was able to fixed it by just switching off my wifi router and switching it on again after a few seconds. But so far no problems at all and loving it :)

jonshipman

Jun 8, 2010
Moto Z3 Play
I have a question lads hopefully someone can help.

I have an external battery that has two pets for charging two devices.

Its a 12000 mah battery capable of charging one phone and one tablet. One is rated at 5.5v at 1mah fur phones and 5v at 2mah for tablets.

When I plug the one x into the phone port and I go into HTC info app it shoes as charging from USB. Which I would imagine would be a slow charge. Is there any way for me to tell the phone to pull the Max like is charging on ac

Short out the two middle usb pins. I glued a square of aluminum foil inside mine.

Sent from my Xperia Play using XDA (HOX RMA'd)

Reactions: thedan55

-juanito-

Oct 22, 2010
my one x have dust in the place that separates the screen from the body in the right and the left and top of the screen

I can see the LED light from the place that separates the screen from the body near the company name near the front camera

I can see the light of the three buttons out of the place that separates the screen from the body

With these problems .. will replacing my HOX?

sorry for my english

Last edited:

ckpv5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
I have my One X since Apr 3rd and it is perfect. Don't have any negative defect as some said around here :)

saranyan

Jul 18, 2011
Chennai
my one x have dust in the place that separates the screen from the body in the right and the left and top of the screen

I can see the LED light from the place that separates the screen from the body near the company name near the front camera

I can see the light of the three buttons out of the place that separates the screen from the body

With these problems .. will replacing my HOX?

sorry for my english

Yes i had one gap on the top right and they replaced mine. You should surely get it replaced.

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
guys just a heads up on my still perfect SH248

Out of box it only had some LCD ripple on outer edges intentional pressure

now after over a month of use ripple is gone! now I press n I press nothing happens :D

Last edited:

devvfata1ity

Mar 1, 2011
Gurgaon
On my third One X, SH25EW batch. Build is solid as a rock aside from a few imperfections in the poly shell and the metal rim surrounding the screen. No ripples, flex, overheating etc. Came with 1.29 pre-loaded. Only downer is I see the screen has developed a single stuck blue pixel in the lower most part. Was not there initially. Hoping that it will go away. Does not interfere with daily use tho so not a bother. Very happy now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GUIDE - How To Test your One X for defects in store>>

How to check your One X batch day>>

Update: HTC admit flaws in One X promises to fix manufacturing>>

Disappearing yellow spots>>

The screen flex poll>>

I made this thread to help people decide wether to buy the One X now or to hold, whats very clear we have early production defects we just don't know the percentage, Desire HD had them too on launch the problems soon clear out so please no trolls and panic attack, if you are worried wait few weeks, I'm assuming the owners with good units are the silent majority

Please vote if your unit is perfect or have any kind of construction defects, also post where its made

Thanks guys

Defects:
    - Erratic GPS http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1704126
    - Very bad LCD ripple on the slightest touch, its a sign of bad screen lamination
    - Bad screen flexes under touch pressure
    - Screen corruption during usage, like a crazy re-sizing screen image
    - Screen inner scratch
    - Touch screen or Touch buttons response errors
    - Imperfections to the coating and poly-carbonate finish
    - Connectivity problems with SIM card/wifi etc
    - Extreme overheating
    - Dust speck, particles or hot pixel under the screen http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25612660&postcount=307

Things not considered defects:
    - LCD ripple on outer intentional pressure, this seems to go away with time if the lamination is perfect
    - Grain visible in angles at white areas is not a defect its just the glue adhesive being visible, the later One Xs with stronger screen adhesive has a more coarse pattern
    - Rattle when shaken around the camera area, this seems the case with most One X and most phones, doesn't affect functionality
    - Flicker only in certain apps like the browser, youtube, a problem that needs update
    - We know there is a problem with Tegra 3 drivers and awaiting updates
    - Battery seems to have problem with firmware 1.26 to early to know battery defect, awaiting updates and batteries to calibrate
    - All One X have one thing in common, heat so it's not a defect, it seems, probably some are hotter than others, might be related to Tegra3 driver issues
    - Yellow spots on screen might not be a defect since iPhone 4 had the issue and they disappeared after a week of usage or so, if not its a defect
    - Yellow tint on the screen is caused by the lamination process, it will reduce in a week and rooted ROMs might be able to re-calibrate later

Also if your having software trouble you can try the solutions in here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24645496#post24645496

check here regarding the much talked about update

check tear down photos here
    Can you please edit your poll with four options?
    1. Build issues there- Made in taiwan
    2. Build issues there- Made in China
    3. No Build issues - Made in taiwan
    4. No Build issues - Made in China

This can give us a better picture.

Else, you can make it eight inlcuding Black and white variants:D
    I fell into sleep with mine and when I woke up, I have huge yellow spot on the top of the screen. Isn't this a defect that warranty should cover, I've had my one X over a month now

Edit: wadafuk played shadowgun for 10mins and it's gone yay!

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

yup you probably pressured on the screen lets hope its gone for good and never sleep with it again, i mean love it but don't make love to it :D
    Please excuse my ignorance but why are you pressing it in the corners? Is that something you will do during everyday usage? :eek:

In my mind that's like banging your head against a wall then complaining: "It hurts when I do this!" :rolleyes:

Maybe not that often, but the corners are going to get pressure on them from time to time if not by hands, in a pocket, or a bag. Or when taking a phone out of a case, or holding it in one hand.

Simply put, other smartphones I've owned do not do this at all, or require very heavy pressure (abnormal for any phone).

The HTC One X is doing it by lightly getting pushed - At this stage if your phone is suffering from it day 1, one can only assume it will get worse over time. Touch your monitor or TV, you'll immediately get the distortion, and for the sake of your TV/monitor stop doing it and not want to do it again. Now imagine that on a TOUCH controlled phone. I don't want to feel restricted to the parts of my phone I can touch with normal phone style presses.
    Anyone having issues with the power button?

I've got a grey taiwan ONE X and it appears like the power button is getting stuck...

Screen goes off and then flashes back on

I have seen that on all of the 6 units I have tried. I don't think its a faulty power button, but a software glitch that causes it to wake up again.