Atrix 2 not turn on

Search This thread

vAgo

Jul 10, 2007
Hello guys I'm here because my Atrix 2 will not turn on.
The only thing is the white LED lights ...
What should I do?!
thank you!

cheetablaze

Jul 17, 2007
Goldsboro, NC
Hmmm... What were you doing prior to it not working? Dropped? Something minor occur resulting a reboot? When did you buy it? Finally... Any physical damage on the castor screen from impact damage?

vAgo

Jul 10, 2007
I've rooted the phone, and before when I've reboot the battery appear on the screen...

cheetablaze

Jul 17, 2007
Goldsboro, NC
I know with my captivate I used to be able to take the battery out, plug it in and it would boot. Try that... Yank tha battery, plug it in, and try to boot it

biupil

Aug 19, 2011
athens, menidi
hi i have the same problem, i tried what you said but it still wont open.
i think its like a bug cause when i woke up it just stoped working with no reason!!!

p.s. sorry for my english

Deliberate

Jan 16, 2012
CA
Try using the fxz file. My phone used to be glichy and do weird things. I flashed it and now it works fine.

Can u boot into AP fastboot mode?

Reactions: 1BadWolf

Deliberate

Jan 16, 2012
CA
Do u still have the warranty? If so I'd just get a new one. It sounds to me like u have a bad phone! Did u get it from best buy?

biupil

Aug 19, 2011
athens, menidi
no i just bought it from e-bay this phone is not yet released in europe

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

"BOOM" the phone just opened by it self WTF is going on with motorolas? lol i am just happy for not losing my money.

Deliberate

Jan 16, 2012
CA
Oh in Europe? I assumed u were in the states! My bad im sure u mentioned it. I just wasn't paying attention.... lol. So u see nothing at boot ? Not even the M in the start? Nothing at all?

Well the only thing I can think of at the moment is:
Press the volume buttons at the same time and hold them down.
Then press the power button.
In the menus look for AP fastboot.

If u can see that u can flash the fxz. Im sorry. Its 1:30 a.m. here in California! Im so tired. Im sorry if I couldn't help u! :-/

Last edited:
Reactions: biupil

biupil

Aug 19, 2011
athens, menidi
it was doing nothing at all it was totaly dead but some minutes later it just opened by it self and works great again what to say......those phones are going to get me crazy. lol

The_new_user

Jan 29, 2012
Missouri
Yes flash the SuperCharged V5 Rom its awesome and battery life is great seems to have fixed a few glitches and now everything runs smooth and fast.

Glad you got your phone back on, now hope it stays on.

Reactions: biupil

buxtor

Apr 22, 2010
Same here with Romulus

no i just bought it from e-bay this phone is not yet released in europe

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

"BOOM" the phone just opened by it self WTF is going on with motorolas? lol i am just happy for not losing my money.

The same thing happened to me after rooting and flashing Romulus. Used the phone a week or two, never rebooted it. Battery ran dead one night and wouldn't boot the next day. It seemed to not want to take the power from a usb hook up(pc), white lcd light and even self booted like in the quote here. Finally, during a self boot, plugged it in to a wall charger and it recharged no problem.
I definitely think there's a glitch with NO POWER AVAIL in this model's bootloader somewhere, and I'm in the US! Kinda afraid to turn the damn thing off again though...
Any delving would be nice!!!
Help us Obi Wan, You're our only hope!

alteredlikeness

Mar 2, 2012
reflecting on Indra's net
The same thing happened to me after rooting and flashing Romulus. Used the phone a week or two, never rebooted it.
It's not ROM related, it's dead battery and charge-mode related. I think that there is not enough battery to boot into charge mode. Power cycling can help if you catch it and plug in at the right time.. or you could always go MacGyver on it... see HERE for some previous discussion on this subject. Glad you got it to work, though.

Also, you need to reboot your phone more often than once a week (try like once every day or two) - or it can start to slow down and lag.

Kurisoft

Account currently disabled
what if there is no Led what so ever?
tried charging the battery and it seems it did, because it got a little hot
but stiLL didnt turn on a bit, its Like compLeteLy dead now.
i was trying to fLash the stock rom 4.0 with rsd Lite and when it 'reboot' to start doing its stuff, it never booted again
and after that im not able to see any lights on my phone, (tried aLL key combination)
(ceLLphone has no guarantee, bought it on ebay)
do i need to send it to a repair shop, or change the circuit board?
or just get another one?

1BadWolf

Aug 12, 2012
Nowhere, Louisiana
what if there is no Led what so ever?
tried charging the battery and it seems it did, because it got a little hot
but stiLL didnt turn on a bit, its Like compLeteLy dead now.
i was trying to fLash the stock rom 4.0 with rsd Lite and when it 'reboot' to start doing its stuff, it never booted again
and after that im not able to see any lights on my phone, (tried aLL key combination)
(ceLLphone has no guarantee, bought it on ebay)
do i need to send it to a repair shop, or change the circuit board?
or just get another one?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1937112

If I had a dollar for every time I said that, I'd be making money in a very weird way.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try using the fxz file. My phone used to be glichy and do weird things. I flashed it and now it works fine.

Can u boot into AP fastboot mode?
    Oh in Europe? I assumed u were in the states! My bad im sure u mentioned it. I just wasn't paying attention.... lol. So u see nothing at boot ? Not even the M in the start? Nothing at all?

Well the only thing I can think of at the moment is:
    Press the volume buttons at the same time and hold them down.
    Then press the power button.
    In the menus look for AP fastboot.

If u can see that u can flash the fxz. Im sorry. Its 1:30 a.m. here in California! Im so tired. Im sorry if I couldn't help u! :-/
    Yes flash the SuperCharged V5 Rom its awesome and battery life is great seems to have fixed a few glitches and now everything runs smooth and fast.

Glad you got your phone back on, now hope it stays on.