[ROM][4.2.2][Aug 6th] Slim Bean-d2vzw [build 8]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

annoyingduck

Aug 15, 2012
Boston, MA Area
Re: [ROM][4.2.2][March 22] Slim Bean-d2vzw [build 2.5]

I flashed the stock lock handle zip found on the slim site but it didn't change my lock ring back to stock. any suggestions? I accidentally flashed one of the themed lock rings first. would that have any effect?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Redownload it to be sure it wasn't corrupted and try again. There's really no reason it shouldn't work

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
Hey Guys, AT&T user here. Can one of you Verizon guys on a recent build of Slim Bean 4.2.2 please do the following for me? It would be complicated to explain why, suffice to say that I'm helping out a friend.

There's a "thanks button" in it for you if you help out! :fingers-crossed:

Go to settings.
Go to "More".
Go to "Mobile Networks".
Go to "Network Mode" and let me know what the preferred network mode is that's selected. Or should be selected.

Thanks!

icon123

Oct 13, 2009

Hey Guys, AT&T user here. Can one of you Verizon guys on a recent build of Slim Bean 4.2.2 please do the following for me? It would be complicated to explain why, suffice to say that I'm helping out a friend.

There's a "thanks button" in it for you if you help out! :fingers-crossed:

Go to settings.
Go to "More".
Go to "Mobile Networks".
Go to "Network Mode" and let me know what the preferred network mode is that's selected. Or should be selected.

Thanks!

Lte/cdma/evdo

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: CZ Eddie

mojoniedi

May 7, 2012
amman
does it?

does it work for all carriers ?
franckly I am not in us right now and want to use my s3 witrh a local GSM service provider... so would this rom work?

cordell12

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
Reactions: trbman

trbman

May 9, 2012
Berlin, NJ

OK just tested the stock lockscreen handle, worked fine. Perhaps you DL a older one?

anyway http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/d...versal-slimbean-theme-lockscreen-stock-handle

for GSM use

http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1705

yeah that worked. the one I was using previously was 2.5MB. this one was a lot smaller. must've downloaded the old one. thanks!

Blaiser47

Sep 18, 2010
Washington, DC

OK just tested the stock lockscreen handle, worked fine. Perhaps you DL a older one?

anyway http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/d...versal-slimbean-theme-lockscreen-stock-handle

for GSM use

http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1705

What was this gsm supposed to link to? For me it doesn't link to anything except the main page for the at&t variant.

I think there was some gsm discussion in mastas thread.

Anyone else having horrible battery drain on the latest 2.5 build?

I wiped and reinstalled a second time and have the same battery drain. The battery will go dead in less than 2 hours and in the battery stats, it doesn't show anything draining the battery but a sharp decline in the battery charge on the graph.

The battery drain is so high, plugging the phone into the charge barely keeps up with the drain.

dbornack

Oct 14, 2010
Chicago

I wiped and reinstalled a second time and have the same battery drain. The battery will go dead in less than 2 hours and in the battery stats, it doesn't show anything draining the battery but a sharp decline in the battery charge on the graph.

The battery drain is so high, plugging the phone into the charge barely keeps up with the drain.

I'm seeing great battery life.. maybe calibrate? Did you muck with kernel?

Cmotion

Jul 5, 2010

se3uve5u.jpg

y8yqe7et.jpg

This is on a fresh install, first battery calibration, so I expect this to get better.

gadgetguy08

Apr 2, 2008

Check your phone connection. I have been on this ROM since it came out and have never seen poor battery life until today. For some reason, my phone was going LTE to eHRDP to 1xRTT and even had some loss of service.

Just for grins I dropped back the LK3 modem and plugged in the charger. :eek:

I think I found where the battery drain was coming from. The Google Backup Transport seems to be the problem. I disabled it and my battery is back to normal. I ran a program called Battery Stats Plus and it showed 25% of my battery was being used but it wasn't showing up in the battery status page under settings.

spacepirates

Oct 7, 2011
Camera

I'm having issues with the camera. Anytime I take a picture, the app stops responding and afterward if I restart the app, I can't connect to the camera until I reboot.

I originally added photosphere through the Aroma installer, but after this happened to me, I wiped and did a clean install (though photosphere persisted).

Looking up CM bugs, I'll try moving DCIM folder contents to see if that helps

Any other suggestions?

madmaverickmatt

Apr 26, 2009

I'm actually having that problems with the stock camera on most 4.2.2 roms. I thought it might be the location feature but it's not that either. I find that other camera programs still work fine though.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

spacepirates

Oct 7, 2011

Yeah, I have tried three cameras and they all freeze up. Maps during navigation does, too. Very frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimBeanOP2.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages on your device.

Original Slim Features:

1. The Real Dark Slim
    2. Notification drawer Shortcuts
    3. Full hardware key rebinding!
    4. Keyboard rotation
    5. SlimCenter

Check out our full feature list here

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
    • IRC: #slimusers @freenode
    • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
    • Google+ [link]
    • Twitter [link]
    • Facebook [Link]

Installation instructions
    For Most Users
    Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
    • Download the latest build from [here]
    • Addons ( if you don't have it already) from [here]
    • !Recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
    • Flash ROM and the addons you want, reboot

FAQ
    Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Help us out!
    If you want to help us by translating slim to your language check out Crowdin.net and submite your translations.
    Or consider a donation.

Thanks!
    You can find the full list of credits here

Source
    Please visit here for the rom source code.
    Kernel source can be found here
    Status Update...

I've been pretty busy at work, 6 days a week, 12+ hours a day (outside/Texas/HOT!). So I am pretty beat to say the least. Just want to let everyone know that 4.3 IS currently being worked on, we have it booted and running on Nexus devices, so the rest will follow suit shortly :good:

also, the CDMA d2 devices (d2spr/d2vzw/d2usc) will be getting a new maintainer. I currently have 8 devices and its just to much to juggle with family and work. Plus I don't have a d2 any more and new maintainer does. If he wants to/ready to announce himself, then he can do so, or we will have a formal announcement later, as well as threads transferred. I want to Thank you all for supporting me and Slim, as well as helping me and each other with your devices and the threads. You guys are GREAT and are what makes all this worth it. Without your support the fun is gone, and it can become almost meaningless, job like :( This is definitely not the case here though! Not to get all mushy, but you guys have made this experience well worth it :good: just wanted to say "Thank You" and i hope to see ALL of you on a like device soon ;)

Thanks
    Well guys and girls, I have some good news, and some not so good news.

The good news is I switched back to sprint (verizon really pissed me off yesterday!). What this means is since my d2vzw wont work on Sprint, and I didnt want to sign a 2 year agreement and get a year old device. I got the galaxy S 4 :D

However, I will continue to push builds out for the GS3 for both verizon and sprint. And contimue to assist nicklovell23 with his un-official builds of SlimROM for d2usc, located @ Rootz. I will however need some "official" testers for d2vzw and d2spr as I cant whip something up and flash it real quick. I know I have some regulars that I send builds to, then some of you who know where my dev-host is. But we need to organize this a little better ;) I am going to need about 3 testers for each version sprint/verizon. To be a official tester you must be able to produce a LOGCAT (very important), download and install test builds within reasonable time (not 2 days later), willing to test the whole ROM (not just the cool things). Communication will be a must, I know sometimes it seems like I disappear, but I do have a life, lol. Even if I am not posting in the threads, more than likely I am doing something for Slim. Many posts go un-answered because the question was answered 2 pages prior! Also you guys rock on helping each-other out, I appreciate that. :good: So nothing will change with my move, just the test side will become more organized, and that is a good thing.

That said, If you would like to be a "Official" tester please PM me. In the subject let me know what device, d2vzw/spr. Also, please dont contact me if you dont have the ability, but want to learn. As much as I want to help, I dont have time to teach testers how to produce a LOGCAT or last_kmsg. There are plenty of guides out on the interwebz that will teach you basic debug skills.

SlimROM WILL continue to be supported on the GS3 by me and Team Slim. My switching carrier and device does not effect the ROM for GS3 at all.
    I enjoyed working with you all, we had some good times here in this thread. I look forward to continuing this, dont feel like I am abandoning you. This phone was my favourite device to date!

more important then before, if you find a bug in Slim. It MUST be explained how it can be reproduced (after a FULL wipe has been done), as well as a Logcat provided!!!
    Yes I am. And I'm excited to be here.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2
    I know Im probably late to the party, but build 6 has been released!