Desk Docks...

Search This thread

scrannel

Aug 27, 2007
Can you post a pic of your phone in it please

Sent from my DEFY using XDA app

No... well, OK: lousy pictures but you get the picture. First shows magnet, second "docked" Defy. (Magnet came from Radio Shack).

1Copy.jpg

2Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Wouldn't the BB Torch's charging dock suit?

Hi all,

Within weeks I'll receive my first Android phone, after 5 years using WM. Really hope to get adapted to this new platform. It's that I'm that lucky guy who has happened to win Clove's Motorola Defy giveaway competition :D.

Anyway, this is purely theoretical, but I have noticed that the Blackberry Torch 9800, closed, is slightly bigger than the Defy, in all 3 dimensions. Besides, its charging dock + home charger (you'll be able to find some of them on eBay, like e.g. this one) takes the Torch in landscape mode, and seems to have its male micro-USB port more to the right side, related to its center, which could match the Defy's. Don't know whether it bears a magnet or not, though. Or, if it is be placed in the same location as required by the Defy sensor. Despite all 'ifs', I wonder if the Defy would fit in.

Anyone here would be brave enough to try one of those and see if it fits?

Just my 2 cents...

Regards,
Carlos

Last edited:

scrannel

Aug 27, 2007
Do you have a BB Torch to compare? The USB adpater would have to be in the same orientation as the Defy's, which is "upside down" (narrow edge up). You'd have to have room to move the USB cover aside on the Defy too.

Sorensiim

Nov 1, 2010
According to Mobilefun.co.uk, this thing should fit the defy as well...

Anyone feel like taking one for the team and putting their claims to the test? Looks like a nice dock but I'm afraid that A) it won't fit snugly and B) the usb cover will get in the way.

LetoKynes

Dec 1, 2010
Some guy's come up with a DIY Dock, credits to uploader

Sorry can't paste links so go to youtube and type in "Motorola Defy media dock"

Looks neat :D

ZootHornRollo

May 25, 2007
East Lothian
It's made of cardboard - cereal box style. Good effort tho.

Could be a market for aftermarket stands if someone wants to make them... worked for a guy on maemo.org for the N900. He made them out of laser cut wood and sold them via an online shop he set up. Was very popular.

Last edited:

morr22066

Feb 19, 2011
Texas
Considering one of these docks

There are lots of docks for the droids and milestones but none designed for the defy yet. But I did come across a couple candidates that I am considering and wondered if anyone had tried either of them yet.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003DM4KLW/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=A2LD2YC4L2Z2RO

http://www.clingo.com/home-and-office/universal-podium/

I am leaning towards the first one listed from amazon but the second also looks pretty nice. Neither has a build in charger that will line up with the defy but they have plenty of open space to allow for a usb to plug in.

scrannel

Aug 27, 2007
I use a Clingo which is simple. It doesn't have the magnet required to automatically activate dock mode, of course.