[Tutorial]Root.Xperia 4.0.4 ROM [all h/m(dpi)] | 4.1.B.0.431 [23st June]

Search This thread

DragonClawsAreSharp

Nov 1, 2011
Dear, DragonClaw,
need a guidance from you regarding rooting my xperia mini pro sk17i. I upgraded official ics 4:0.4 from sony update tool with keeping my apps untouched.
my requiremnt is I need that all my apps should occupy sd card storage, I want to use interent connection from my office pc to my phone and my wifi should work which is not working after update.. please advise..
thanks..
IMU...

The update from gb to ics is a huge change in the system files. So, it is always recommended that you do a fresh install. For that you need to connect your phone to the PC and do a software repair using PCC or SUS. Your WiFi should start working again after that.
If you want your apps back them up now. Using some application like AppMonster. You will get apks of the files and you can install them later on after the software repair.

You can follow the method in this thread if you want root too.

Thanks,
Rick

Sent from my SK17i using XDA

Last edited:

DragonClawsAreSharp

Nov 1, 2011
Original Post edited. Removed the mention of the extra thing that was needed to be done in case v2 was used. Because v2 is no more available on the internet, and its thus irrelevant now.

Thanks,
Rick

puppet13th

Dear, DragonClaw,
need a guidance from you regarding rooting my xperia mini pro sk17i. I upgraded official ics 4:0.4 from sony update tool with keeping my apps untouched.
my requiremnt is I need that all my apps should occupy sd card storage, I want to use interent connection from my office pc to my phone and my wifi should work which is not working after update.. please advise..
thanks..
IMU...

to minimize problem after updated to ICS 4.0.4,do factory reset/full wipe after you have rooted then reinstall apps.

Reactions: DragonClawsAreSharp

B4R7H

Mar 7, 2012
Kota Belud
can the root still working after i do the repair via SUS?? sorry asking such a noob question...i just need the confirmation..:)

DragonClawsAreSharp

Nov 1, 2011
You can do a factory reset rather. If you are afraid of the issues that might be caused after the update.
About repair, I never tried, but IMO, you loose root if you do a software repair. This is because the software repair causes the phone memory to be flashed again too. So, su files get removed I think.

Thanks,
Rick

Ticklefish

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 27, 2011
Hampshire, UK
Dead link for the sk17i ICS ftf. :(

I'm guessing that, if you're already on a rooted GB rom, you can just skip to part IV and flash the 4.0.4 rom?

Last edited:

DragonClawsAreSharp

Nov 1, 2011
Dead link for the sk17i ICS ftf. :(

I'm guessing that, if you're already on a rooted GB rom, you can just skip to part IV and flash the 4.0.4 rom?
No. You can skip to part 3. Part 3 is very essential.
About dead link, I am sorry. I can not upload my own links very soon, as I am having a very low bandwidth internet connection at home. Search in XDA for more links. I am editing OP and adding a few links now.

Thanks,
Rick

Hit Thanks if I helped you

Ticklefish

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 27, 2011
Hampshire, UK
About dead link, I am sorry. I can not upload my own links very soon, as I am having a very low bandwidth internet connection at home. Search in XDA for more links. I am editing OP and adding a few links now.

Thanks,
Rick

Oh, I see. Thanks for clarifying that. :)

assasins007

Apr 20, 2012
Thanks..

Thanks All for guidance,
Right now I am doing repair... will root later when in need of memory...

Special thanks to DragonClaw... Looking forward for your future Guidance..
Where you from..???

DragonClawsAreSharp

Nov 1, 2011

Thanks,
Rick

Edited OP. Added this info:
In case some links are dead try out this ftp site (open preferably in Internet Explorer):
ftp://giosal.webhop.net/
Go to Incoming and then Sony Updates, and you can find the ftfs there.

Thanks,
Rick

swarshah

Jun 7, 2012
I've done and i have root access but lot of problem is here
-Lot of lag working too slow
-Camera is not working
-Vibrate is not working
-Videos is not working
-Live wallpaper is not working
-And many others

I've done and i have root access but lot of problem is here
-Lot of lag working too slow
-Camera is not working
-Vibrate is not working
-Videos is not working
-Live wallpaper is not working
-And many others

Now that is weird.

I have rooted mine using the same TUT and everything is working well. Just what exactly did you do?

DragonClawsAreSharp

Nov 1, 2011
Yes i did exactly what is shown in TUT but somehow i'm having problems.

I think we haven't wiped data of GB that's why it's behaving like this?

No. It's not an issue with the root. That's impossible. Now tell what exactly did you do? Did you start from the very beginning? Flashing the GB Rom and so on? Or you were in GB previously?

swarshah

Jun 7, 2012
No. It's not an issue with the root. That's impossible. Now tell what exactly did you do? Did you start from the very beginning? Flashing the GB Rom and so on? Or you were in GB previously?

No i was on GB 58 FW with root so i started from III step and downloaded XperiaRoot.rev3 and extract than ran 01-local-prop.cmd and followed that instructions and done that successfully.

After that in flashtools i had marked wipe cache and wipe app logs rest of all are unmarked as shown in tut image.

And flashing done! i restarted my phone it's booted successfully and after that some 205 application updating then ICS comes up and i found too much lag in my LWW and other things is not working as i mentioned above.

Last edited:
No i was on GB 58 FW with root so i started from III step and downloaded XperiaRoot.rev3 and extract than ran 01-local-prop.cmd and followed that instructions and done that successfully.

After that in flashtools i had marked wipe cache and wipe app logs rest of all are unmarked as shown in tut image.

And flashing done! i restarted my phone it's booted successfully and after that some 205 application updating then ICS comes up and i found too much lag in my LWW and other things is not working as i mentioned above.

Looks like you missed this step:

V. Root 4.0.4 ROM:

From the Xperia-ROOT.rev3.zip file you downloaded earlier in step 3, open the file 02-push-root-files.cmd.

Reactions: swarshah

swarshah

Jun 7, 2012
Looks like you missed this step:

V. Root 4.0.4 ROM:

From the Xperia-ROOT.rev3.zip file you downloaded earlier in step 3, open the file 02-push-root-files.cmd.

OMG i missed that i thought it was only if phone goes in bootloop.
Anyway let me try once again thanks.
Does more flashing harm my device ?

Top Liked Posts