[Q] Flashing stock based ROMS??

Search This thread

hshshawn

Jul 26, 2010
Columbus, Oh
plus.google.com
I am having issues flashing stock based ROMS that I cannot seem to figure out. I can flash any AOSP rom such as CM, SlimKat or PA with no issue I can even flash the stock rooted rom with no issue but every time I try to flash Cataclysm or Kangakat it just hangs I have left it for 15 minutes and I do not get a success or a failure message. I have tried both TWRP and CWM recoveries, multiple downloads, and flashed over to stock before wiping and flashing. Nothing seems to yield any different results I am at a loss as I have been flashing for years and never encountered this before and have not really found anyone with a similar issue?

Any help or insight would be wonderful!!!

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
I am having issues flashing stock based ROMS that I cannot seem to figure out. I can flash any AOSP rom such as CM, SlimKat or PA with no issue I can even flash the stock rooted rom with no issue but every time I try to flash Cataclysm or Kangakat it just hangs I have left it for 15 minutes and I do not get a success or a failure message. I have tried both TWRP and CWM recoveries, multiple downloads, and flashed over to stock before wiping and flashing. Nothing seems to yield any different results I am at a loss as I have been flashing for years and never encountered this before and have not really found anyone with a similar issue?

Any help or insight would be wonderful!!!

I used to use Kangakat. The mount and format process of /system (done by the updater-script in the zip file for that ROM) DOES take forever. All you can do is wait. It will finish eventually. It hasn't hanged. It's just VERY slow.

hshshawn

Jul 26, 2010
Columbus, Oh
plus.google.com
Are you wiping data before flashing?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
Yes I have done factory resets and manually wiped data, system and caches multiple times(I know it is not need just trying anything)

I used to use Kangakat. The mount and format process of /system (done by the updater-script in the zip file for that ROM) DOES take forever. All you can do is wait. It will finish eventually. It hasn't hanged. It's just VERY slow.

I do understand that and I have waited upwards of 20 30 minutes is it truly that long I just have never seen a flash take that long?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Are you wiping data before flashing?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
    Yes I have done factory resets and manually wiped data, system and caches multiple times(I know it is not need just trying anything)

I do understand that and I have waited upwards of 20 30 minutes is it truly that long I just have never seen a flash take that long?

Try and edit the updater-script to remove the format line