[Q] Z2 vs HTC One M8

Search This thread

valdigre

Nov 20, 2010
Dublin
I am pretty certain it can survive for a long time. The thing that gets hot is the glass not the metal frame. And when it's hot it's not hot as in u touch and u r gonna burn yourself.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

Ahhh hell with it, I have just taken one on contract... If I will regret it - no more Sony's for me.

Anyway, the heat is the problem in the long term, mate. Excessive glass heat means that the glue may take off (I think the glass panel is glued into the frame) and/or the glass can crack (and often does, have a look at the thread on Sony's forum...) because of temperature variations. Plastic and aluminum will not crack but glass might.

Anyway, I hope I got a good one, 24 months contract is a long time to commit to a phone so I hope this one is worth it...

cptnappy

May 23, 2012
Is anyone else here finding the htc m8 to have a longer lasting battery than the z2?

according to my cousin who has an M8, my Z2 lasts longer. i have to agree cause whenever he's here at our place during the weekend i would often see him reaching for the charger a lot more than me. plus online reviews point that out too. Z2 definitely has the edge. :good:

new Z2 owner here, just getting through a month with it and so far i am impressed. was going for the M8 but i'm glad i picked the Z2. :victory:

Z3 seems nice by the way, but the slight bump to the processor and chassis change wasn't enough for me to shell out more money for it.

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
Z3 seems nice by the way, but the slight bump to the processor and chassis change wasn't enough for me to shell out more money for it.

Good thinking, not enough people think like this!

i have to admit, once sony gives this device 4.4.4 it will fly!

Z and Z1 fly as is with 4.4.4 but Z2 is being held back by the core android bugs that harbor 4.4.2

M8 is nice and all
But Z2 is nicer for quite a few things

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you want a single device for all your needs go for Z2.

Want only a smartphone and have a separate professional camera? Go for M8.

Here's a comparison video :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKCgqeVdZ3w
    Well opinion wise on the Z2 , the speakers arent perfect but thats because of the fact the phone is waterproof, everything else is amazing

Development has started slow for Z2 alike most xperias, give it a couple months for it too speed up, we already have official CM11 and TWRP, there should be more to come

And not to mention all mods for 4.4 will most likely work on other xperias
    (this does disinclude kernels and roms)
    Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I have both devices i think that the M8 is better in design and the sound quality is better both speakers and earplugs wise.
    The camera on the Z2 is waaaaaaayyy better then the M8 and i personally think that the system ui is better as well i am not a fan of sense it just to heavy.
    And custom development always takes a tad longer on sony devices. I've had both devices and i'm still not sure which one is better .....:silly:
    i have z2 and love it. Overall i feel m8 is great but z2 has a slight edge in all departments other than sound. Sound is awesome on z2 but m8 is better.

Sent From My Nexus 5 Stock 4.4.3 ART