Can't Boot Into Recovery

Search This thread

madflava54

Jun 7, 2010
Whenever I try to boot into recovery to install a ROM, it automatically does the HBoot. I don't have the option to go to Recovery. What did I do wrong?

chazglenn3

May 18, 2010
Tacoma, WA, USA
Sounds like you need to press the other volume button when you boot into recovery. I can't remember which one is correct...volume up or volume down...try the opposite of what you are doing now.

GumboChief

Jan 6, 2007
Chicago
I have flashed clockworkmod, but also dont see how to directly boot into it.

When I power-on, if I press down, it goes to hboot. It I press up, I think it goes to fastboot.

The only way I can get into it, is to use rom manager, or go hboot and then choose the recovery option.

Can someone tell me what the official buttons are?

Stunna4life888

May 29, 2010
Waynesville, NC
You need to take the pc36img off your sd card or rename it. Then press volume down to recovery then power button. Will then boot to a black screen with a red triangle and a EVO in the background. Then run your batch file as admin from your Evo-Recovery file. You should now been in your Recovery Mode ;)

webs05

Apr 27, 2009
Quad Cities
Yes from HBoot you need to choose recovery (assuming you renamed pc36img). That is how I did it. Once you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, download ROM manager and flash the recovery from the app. Then use quickboot to boot to recovery if you need to. But installing custom ROMs from Rom Manager is easiest.