Captivate Developers, Thank you for helping your community get firmware!

Search This thread

AdamOutler

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 18, 2011
Miami, Fl̨̞̲̟̦̀̈̃͛҃҅͟orida
See here for the modification required to access the newest download mode: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1206216

In order to revive bricks we need firmware. Samsung has this firmware. We need to get it. Please sign up here at the bottom of the page:
http://www.samsung.com/global/busin...o.do?fmly_id=834&partnum=S5PC110&xFmly_id=229

This is the processor in your phone!
492372S5PC110.jpg

This software contains:
Application Note
Schematics (SMDKC100)
IBIS model
Board Manual (SMDKC100)
Circuit Design Guide
DNW for USB2.0
Trace32 CMM file
PC Driver for DNW
Test Program

Please sign up to obtain this great information! You've got nothing to loose. We need this information to continue development. This will also ensure that your captivate can be repurposed as a Linux media server, security camera or whatever when you're done using it as a phone.

Please sign up, Request the information and don't use a personal email as specified on their page.
http://www.samsung.com/global/busin...o.do?fmly_id=834&partnum=S5PC110&xFmly_id=229

Last edited:

AdamOutler

Feb 18, 2011

jmtheiss

May 16, 2008
None
While I'm waiting, I just had a quick question:

As part of the registration/request process, you have to check the product you want information about. If I check the S5PC110, it says, "We are preparing the information on your selected product. It will be ready as soon as possible." in the downloadable file list.

However, the other models, like the S5PC100, have multiple options available (application notes, ibis models, dnw for USB 2.0, etc).

I'm sure the answer is probably no, but I'll ask anyway - is it possible that the software isn't being distributed to anyone at all, not just that those who are registering are being denied?

Reactions: AdamOutler

AdamOutler

Feb 18, 2011

As part of the registration/request process, you have to check the product you want information about. If I check the S5PC110, it says, "We are preparing the information on your selected product. It will be ready as soon as possible." in the downloadable file list.

However, the other models, like the S5PC100, have multiple options available (application notes, ibis models, dnw for USB 2.0, etc).

I'm sure the answer is probably no, but I'll ask anyway - is it possible that the software isn't being distributed to anyone at all, not just that those who are registering are being denied?

I don't know. I do know that I requested both because they are both valuable for the S5PC110. The S5PCxxx series is pretty close together, the S5PC100 runs at 600 mhz instead of 1000 mhz. pretty much the entire Cortex A8 series is the same.

AdamOutler

Feb 18, 2011
Guys, get on this... we need a copy of the firmware!

Code:
��������������������������������������������������������������������������������
Uart negotiation Error                                                          

Secure Fail Error

I'm uploading but it's not the RIGHT upload!

darkfalz

Jul 24, 2010
Will try with a .mil address. What are target set maker and application? Don't want to put something stupid.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

Last edited:
Reactions: AdamOutler

AdamOutler

Feb 18, 2011

jmtheiss

May 16, 2008
None
Looks like round one for me was a no-go. Time to sign up again under a different name and see if I get any further.

AdamOutler

Feb 18, 2011
I've tried with all 4 of my email addresses. I have not received a response yet. It has been over 24 hours... Someone, somewhere, must have this software.. The best thing we can do is try and hope that they accept our requests.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've thrown my hat in the ring - I'll post back if anything comes of it.
    D
    Deleted member 2758866
    I don't have an email that will get access but do you thinkwe could trick them with something like this?

http://dottech.org/freebies/5325/how-to-get-your-own-custom-email-address-for-free/

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA Premium App

I am trying with my Itt Tech student account. We will see if that works.
    I just signed up using my company e-mail address. I am not sure if it will work but I will let you know.