GSam shows more screen on time!

Search This thread

phobius87

May 5, 2008
Srebrenik
Today I installed GSam app from Google Play. I have noticed it shows more screen on time than statitics in battery settings. I'm on 86% currently, and battery settings shows 55 minutes, while GSam shows 1 hour and 10 minutes. I was wondering why I'm getting less SOT on KitKat, and now I'm starting to think there's some false reading in default battery settings section. Has anyone noticed this?

Last edited:

Rashad83

May 13, 2011
Huawei Nexus 6P
ASUS ROG Phone II
Did u restart ur phone or turn it off, the moment you turn it off for like 5 min or more the counting is reset and u lose previous stats. This is not an issue, it's simply how LG designed it.

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

tobias14

Feb 15, 2009
Koper
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Today I installed GSam app from Google Play. I have noticed it shows more screen on time than statitics in battery settings. I'm on 86% currently, and battery settings shows 55 minutes, while GSam shows 1 hour and 10 minutes. I was wondering why I'm getting less SOT on KitKat, and now I'm starting to think there's some false reading in default battery settings section. Has anyone noticed this?

i have noticed the same thing since update to KK.. strange...

phobius87

May 5, 2008
Srebrenik
Suddenly, now GSam shows less SOT, than Settings. I'm on 62%, and Settings shows 2h 56min of SOT, and GSam shows 2h 44min of SOT. Strange.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

gull_s_777

Dec 22, 2010
Suddenly, now GSam shows less SOT, than Settings. I'm on 62%, and Settings shows 2h 56min of SOT, and GSam shows 2h 44min of SOT. Strange.

Gsam gets reset as soon as you plugin the phone, but settings don't unless it is full. You might have connected to PC which could have reset Gsam but left the settings same.

phobius87

May 5, 2008
Srebrenik
I didn't do any connecting or disconecting. I don't know whay this was happening.

Anyways, I just can't get more than 5 hours SOT on my phone. Bluetooth and location are off. Wifi and Data are on. Brightness is on auto, but I'v noticed that auto allways sets it to 20% of brightness. I do no gaming on my phone, only about 30 minutes of phone calls, WhatsApp and Facebook with Syncing on. Is this normal? My battery life on 4.2.2 was definitly better.

somnambulator

Sep 21, 2010
gsam is fully configurable. I have changed it's setting to reset only when fully charged. since my phone is rarely plugged in throughput the day and even less rarely plugged in and not charged to full, this made sense.

Sent from my xposed VZW G2, using unlimited data :)