Well for everyone who want's to have the Google apps like:
  • Android market
  • Youtube
  • Gmail
  • etc.

Here is a link to a share where the gapps4archos can be downloaded.:p
http://code.google.com/p/archos-apps-installer/downloads/list

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
WARNING: You cannot install this appInstaller if you installed gApps4Archos or any other gApps installer. Anytime you switch appInstaller programs, you MUST reset your device back to stock. If you've NEVER installed ANY market/gApps installer, then your good... no need to reset.

NOTE: If you've ONLY used my appInstaller, then you can REMOVE the old files using my app and re-install the apps at the same time, then REBOOT.

1) Download - http://code.google.com/p/archos-apps-installer/downloads/list

2) Copy download to your device via USB (if you didnt download directly using your Archos)

3) Use 'Files' app to locate gAppsInstaller, then execute/install it

4) Choose install packaged apps or choose to install your own packaged 'apps.zip' file located on the internal drive (not sdcard)

4a) There maybe a short delay after you tap an install button (its installing and you'll be notified when its done, about 5-10 seconds)

5) REBOOT!!

6) Follow the Market FIX instructions below

MARKET FIX:
This will get you most missing apps from the market, except some "protect market apps"

Setting-->Manage Applications-->All-->Market (Clear Cache then 'Force Stop' -- DO NOT clear data)
Setting-->Manage Applications-->All-->Google Services Framework (Clear data then 'Force Stop')
REBOOT again

Market Fix video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l-nySibzeA&feature=player_embedded#!

If you do this correctly you will find most missing apps like 'Copilot Live USA' in the Market. However, some apps will not show because they are "protected" Market apps. These include 'NY Times'. Google search "android protected market apps" if your not familar.

NOTE: The latest version of GMAIL and Youtube can be downloaded in the market...

Thanks to our friends from the archosfans.com forum :cool:

Last edited:

supagforce

Jun 29, 2008
Thankyou for this, I have seen how much work you have put into it. Tried gAppsInstaller_v3.apk this morning and seems to be working well, no FC's etc so far...

(edit)Oppss ment to say thankyou Kenyu73 for the app and thanks Dreetje for posting, thought you was Kenyu under a different name...

Last edited:

Hexidecimal

Sep 18, 2010
Pittsburgh
Thanks! I've looked at these instructions a dozen times on ArchosFans and always missed that market was clear cache not clear data and never figured out why it didn't work right for me. With the latest gapps I'm now seeing most everything. Awesome guide!

Edit: For some reason when I use this installer however, TweetDeck will not run properly. It always Force Closes once I've signed into my account and I cannot fix it. This is one of my favorite apps. If someone could figure this out I would appreciate it.

Edit 2: This installer causes a ton of apps not to launch in my experience thus far. TweetDeck as mentioned, Moblox, Angry Birds, they all just FC or hang endlessly. I'd still recommended the other installer with the same steps outlined in this post.

Last edited:

g00ner

Nov 24, 2008
Stupid question but does "reset your device back to stock" mean anything else than a reboot? Like an Android reset or something?

BGMArchos

Dec 7, 2010
Chicago
I have the Google Marketplace up and running and for the most part it works wonderfully. My biggest issue are protected applications I use on my HTC EVO aren't showing up and some of these application I really use / enjoy. Some of these are:

1) BatteryView
2) Battery Watch
3) Splash ID!
4) Monster App Pro (I'm using the non-Pro right now)

I've been trying to add the "Market Access" application to the mix to help me with this issue, but thus far can't get z4root to work. Oh, it says it was successful, but none of the programs that need root can get it from the Super User application.

I can live without these protected applications, they are simply nice to have -- except Splash ID!, which IMHO, is necessary to protect my development personal, professional, and development information. I was able to get a work around for Splash ID, for which I'm thankful.

Bert Moshier

MidwestDrummer

Dec 2, 2006
Excuse my ignorance, but how is this at all new? There's been a gapps hack available for every Archos device for quite some time now. It's always been readily available on ArchosFans.com.

xShadoWxDrifTx

Dec 31, 2008
Excuse my ignorance, but how is this at all new? There's been a gapps hack available for every Archos device for quite some time now. It's always been readily available on ArchosFans.com.

It also has less apps in it, saving space for where the apps are installed, especially since Archos only provided around 275~ MB of space for app installation

And not all apps can move to sd card so any space is helpful

kenyu73

Mar 4, 2010
Upstate NY
Thanks for posting the info for my gAppsInstaller. I've been away from the game for a few days now doing housework "mods" (=

The only issue remaining that I'm aware of with this app is a certain sub-set of apps that FC (AutoZone, OSMonitor and a few others mentioned in this thread. I haven't had time to research, but whatever the gApps4Archos is doing is making these work ok... I'm thinking its some registration of dll files ('so' files perhaps). I do know it copies 4-5 .so files into the froyo/system directory, but i'm not sure right now if I need to do some type of '.so' file registration with them.

If any linux guru's out there know of something I need to do specifically with these (besides copying them to the '/froyo/system' directory, please let me know.

libspeech.so
libvoicesearch.so
libzxing.so
libimageutils.so
libinterstitial.so

Dreetje

Dec 14, 2006
Thanks for posting the info for my gAppsInstaller. I've been away from the game for a few days now doing housework "mods" (=

The only issue remaining that I'm aware of with this app is a certain sub-set of apps that FC (AutoZone, OSMonitor and a few others mentioned in this thread. I haven't had time to research, but whatever the gApps4Archos is doing is making these work ok... I'm thinking its some registration of dll files ('so' files perhaps). I do know it copies 4-5 .so files into the froyo/system directory, but i'm not sure right now if I need to do some type of '.so' file registration with them.

If any linux guru's out there know of something I need to do specifically with these (besides copying them to the '/froyo/system' directory, please let me know.

libspeech.so
libvoicesearch.so
libzxing.so
libimageutils.so
libinterstitial.so

There is the guru! I thought i share it with the XDA members :)

Your question: I searched for an explenation about registering the .so files and found this link: http://users.actcom.co.il/~choo/lupg/tutorials/libraries/unix-c-libraries.html#shared_dlopen

stephen44

Dec 4, 2010
just checking - these instructions are for 2.2 only ?

-thanks for posting this in a clear easy to follow way and thanks to kenyu73 for all the work

- Stephen

czesiu

Apr 13, 2010
Warsaw
twitter.com

libspeech.so
libvoicesearch.so
libzxing.so
libimageutils.so
libinterstitial.so

you tried to ask m4rk3t about this?:)

kenyu73

Mar 4, 2010
Upstate NY
you tried to ask m4rk3t about this?:)

I dont think he created the original gApps4Archos package, he only de-compiled it, added the updated the apps with the newer 2.2 market then vanished.

I think he dropped of the radar after he did the re-package of that app.

m4rk3t
Archos Novice

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,:D

Well for everyone who want's to have the Google apps like:
    • Android market
    • Youtube
    • Gmail
    • etc.

Here is a link to a share where the gapps4archos can be downloaded.:p
    http://code.google.com/p/archos-apps-installer/downloads/list

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
    WARNING: You cannot install this appInstaller if you installed gApps4Archos or any other gApps installer. Anytime you switch appInstaller programs, you MUST reset your device back to stock. If you've NEVER installed ANY market/gApps installer, then your good... no need to reset.

NOTE: If you've ONLY used my appInstaller, then you can REMOVE the old files using my app and re-install the apps at the same time, then REBOOT.

1) Download - http://code.google.com/p/archos-apps-installer/downloads/list

2) Copy download to your device via USB (if you didnt download directly using your Archos)

3) Use 'Files' app to locate gAppsInstaller, then execute/install it

4) Choose install packaged apps or choose to install your own packaged 'apps.zip' file located on the internal drive (not sdcard)

4a) There maybe a short delay after you tap an install button (its installing and you'll be notified when its done, about 5-10 seconds)

5) REBOOT!!

6) Follow the Market FIX instructions below

MARKET FIX:
    This will get you most missing apps from the market, except some "protect market apps"

Setting-->Manage Applications-->All-->Market (Clear Cache then 'Force Stop' -- DO NOT clear data)
    Setting-->Manage Applications-->All-->Google Services Framework (Clear data then 'Force Stop')
    REBOOT again

Market Fix video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l-nySibzeA&feature=player_embedded#!

If you do this correctly you will find most missing apps like 'Copilot Live USA' in the Market. However, some apps will not show because they are "protected" Market apps. These include 'NY Times'. Google search "android protected market apps" if your not familar.

NOTE: The latest version of GMAIL and Youtube can be downloaded in the market...

Thanks to our friends from the archosfans.com forum :cool:
    I've created an official thread with this appInstallers "how-to" so I can manage the OP instructions. I will also manage these instructions here on XDA instead of the ArchosForums.

Please use this new thread for questions and issues. I think the v4 version will suite people alot better now.

Thanks 'Dreetje' for starting this thread up!