[Release] RTDStore - On device appstore for RT - version BETA 1

Search This thread

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Minor bug for me. If I 'accidentally' download the same program twice they both appear as installed in the installed tab. Which is a minor annoyance as obviously there is only once instance actually installed.

Kimori16

Jan 12, 2013
Hmm.

Has anyone tried downloading anything? I try to installing notepad++, but it says it needs the .AIP. Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

Reactions: ingramator

ingramator

Jan 8, 2013
Errors

As of Beta 1 I'm encountering many exceptions. They occur randomly when just browsing pages, below is an example:

attachment.php

Full error message:
Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at RTDStore.Form1.ListFolder(String path)
   at RTDStore.Form1.listBox1_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18033 built by: FX45RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
RTDStore
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Tom/Downloads/RTDStore_V1_beta/RTDStore.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18022 built by: FX45RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

djboo

As of Beta 1 I'm encountering many exceptions. They occur randomly when just browsing pages

cheers. I'll admit it got minimal testing - wanted to get out asap so the format was set in stone - but ill probably get those bugs fixed up in my lunch hour.

I'll be posting the source too all of my projects tonight - and building a lib that anyone can use if they want to make their own store they can without there being several different repo formats floating about.

laminam

Feb 7, 2013
As for sharing the source code - let me play with it for a week. I'm enjoying myself making this so for the moment I want to be selfish and keep having all the fun, but I promise, after next sunday, I shall set up an SVN server with the code.

Good news on the code. I would suggest you throw it up on github so it's somewhere more permanent, and much easier to fork. :)

Thanks for doing this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Appstore for RT devices.

Designed to make it easier to find the ARM ports of desktop software. Your device MUST be unlocked ( see here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2092158 )

I have retired this version

The source code was just too embarrassing to share - too many kludge fixes on kludge fixes. I have now released a complete suite of all the apps, including a new appstore written from the ground up to be a lot more sensible - and shared the source for the main apps here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=36854150

Major Update

Version 1.0 Beta is here.

Whats new:

Major rework.
    Much less web traffic while browsing.
    New repo format in use.
    Support for multiple repos.
    AIP format in use - allowing for much more detail.
    Apps now fully install.
    UI changes.

1.0 Beta is functionally complete as far as I can tell, but needs some major code cleaning as remnants of the old version still linger, and the UI could probably do with some polish now. However, this version is the future of the RTDstore - so much more flexibility.

Please note the new 'repolist.txt' file - currently this text file is the only way to manage repos - add one url per line.

DOWNLOAD BETA 1 NOW

Hosting your own repo:

now ANYONE can host a repo. All you need is some webspace of some format. No dynamic code is needed, so most free web hosting, including dropbox public folder (if your account is old enough to have the public folder), will work.

Instructions:

* Place the AIP files all in one folder (for example c:\repo)

* Download the RepoBuilder here

* open a cmd prompt to where ever you extract the repobuild exe.

* type:
    REPOBUILD [FOLDERNAME]

eg
    REPOBUILD C:\REPO

this will create all the xml files that the store expects. now copy the contents of this folder (xml files and aip files) to some web hosting. If using dropbox public, you can run the repobuild directly on the folder (you can have a sub folder in public btw)

(if using dropbox public, to get your repo url, right click on a file, copy public link - paste it somewhere and then remove the filename from the end of the url)

whenever you update or add an AIP, you will need to repeat this process (in theory, you can just copy the new AIP and corresponding XML - plus the _reporoot.xml )

(to create AIP files - see here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2098993 )

Versions prior to 1.0 beta are outdated - kept for historic purposes...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version 0.5

Automatically requests UAC if needed
    Some basic caching of web results
    New icon
    UI Fixes
    'Installed' list now will run an app if a run.bat was supplied.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

CREATING A PACKAGE

see: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2098993 for instruction on creating AIP files.
    if you want your AIP on my repo, send me a link either here on private - details coming soon on setting up your own repo.

Thanks to GoodDayToDie and Netham for spurring me on, thanks to clokr for making it all possible.

Download Latest Version
    Hmm.

Has anyone tried downloading anything? I try to installing notepad++, but it says it needs the .AIP. Can anyone shed any light on this for me?