New butterfly for the future

Search This thread

Serilei

Mar 29, 2013
It seems HTC has announced a new upgrade to the butterfly I would say, similar to the One X and then we got the One X+. I am not fully sure what the specs will be, but I guess there will be an upgraded battery and I wonder if it will have an Ultra Pixel or just the 13mp, you know, to keep the ONE in the spotlight with special features.

I am not fully sure how they can upgrade the D/B/DX besides battery, it seems pretty smooth as it is.

I was going to get one but now that the upgrade is coming, I think I will wait.

Discuss.

Here is the article: http://www.droid-life.com/2013/03/2...ease-a-butterfly-follow-up-new-droid-dna-too/

"When HTC first introduced the Butterfly last year, as one of the first devices on the planet to sport a 5″ 1080p display, our attention was grabbed immediately as it was identical to a device we had been tracking for months, codenamed the “dlx.” As you all know now, the “dlx” turned into the DROID DNA on Verizon and was indeed identical in specs to the Butterfly. Well, thanks to satisfactory sales numbers of the Butterfly, HTC CMO Benjamin Ho recently mentioned to a Taiwanese publication that they are planning a sequel. Naturally, our minds then wander into the land of DROID DNA follow-ups – perhaps the DLXPLUS?

We have written about the DLXPLUS a handful of times now. Thanks to HTC insiders and stops off for certifications, the device appears to be headed to Verizon with identical specs to the HTC One, which Big Red passed on. We’re talking a 4.7″ 1080p display, 2GB RAM, UltraPixel camera, and new HTC Sense 5.0 with BlinkFeed, BoomSound, and Zoe.

It seems a bit silly to jump to the new Butterfly being the little sister to the DLXPLUS, but they were so similar last year, that we can’t help ourselves.

There is no current time table on a release for the DLXPLUS on Verizon, but a couple of reports suggest that it should arrive within the next two months, well after the HTC One has made the rounds.

Are you willing to stick it out and pass on the Galaxy S4 to get a hold of Verizon’s One-ish variant?"

Last edited:

zjelko

Apr 16, 2011
After the upgrade something else will come, and so on........Then you can wait forever because new things will keep appearing. It is a great phone and battery life is not bad at all as a matter a fact better than my S3.

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using xda app-developers app

Reactions: chockchip

Serilei

Mar 29, 2013
After the upgrade something else will come, and so on........Then you can wait forever because new things will keep appearing. It is a great phone and battery life is not bad at all as a matter a fact better than my S3.

True point, I am just looking to put a phone in my hands that I can hold on to for quite some years without needing to upgrade.

But if they upgrade this one hopefully they will just highlight these 2 for the rest of the year instead of putting out a ton of phones a year.

how well does your fare on battery life and other areas?

gbear

Jul 24, 2008
Battery life is definitely better than my previous S3. After a weeks using it, the battery is getting better and better, right now the battery widget said it will last for 1 day and half for a full charge, quite impressive for a small battery inside it.

I don't keep plugging it overnight, so at the morning it is about 80-90%, and it still having about 50-60% when it is about 9pm, and charging it back to full just took less than an hour, and ready for next day full day use, not bad.

However, battery drain a lot faster when playing games, battery will die a lot sooner than you would expected, I would say roughly 3-4 hours you will use up all the charge in the battery, and the phone will get warm (but not hot like S3)

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using Tapatalk 2

Serilei

Mar 29, 2013
Battery life is definitely better than my previous S3. After a weeks using it, the battery is getting better and better, right now the battery widget said it will last for 1 day and half for a full charge, quite impressive for a small battery inside it.

I don't keep plugging it overnight, so at the morning it is about 80-90%, and it still having about 50-60% when it is about 9pm, and charging it back to full just took less than an hour, and ready for next day full day use, not bad.

However, battery drain a lot faster when playing games, battery will die a lot sooner than you would expected, I would say roughly 3-4 hours you will use up all the charge in the battery, and the phone will get warm (but not hot like S3)

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using Tapatalk 2

Interesting actually. and I understand about the game draining use but what about everyday other use like internet, music, apps. I suppose medium to heavy usage, how does it fare during the day?

zjelko

Apr 16, 2011
Hello there,

I am more than satified with batterie life (note "i am not a gamer) but a heavy user because i have my own company. WIFI is always on so i am connected to the Internet 24/7. Besides that i make 25+ phone call's a day average 5 minutes each conversation but i never ran out of batterie at the end of the day. Screen time will be approx. 2 to 4 hours a day.

Kind regards

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

Hello there,

I am more than satified with batterie life (note "i am not a gamer) but a heavy user because i have my own company. WIFI is always on so i am connected to the Internet 24/7. Besides that i make 25+ phone call's a day average 5 minutes each conversation but i never ran out of batterie at the end of the day. Screen time will be approx. 2 to 4 hours a day.

Kind regards

forelli

Jan 26, 2009
Kashyyyk, Galactic Empire
HTC Leo
Butterfly coming to Germany and Austria in May 2013.

They say it will be the waterproof (Spritzwasserschutz) model without LTE. So it won't be the x920d I had because it wasn't waterproof. Might be an european version of the J Butterfly which could be great, the J Butterfly got S-OFF!!!

Please use google translate or the likes, links are in german (original ones):

Germany

Austria

forelli

Last edited:

Dannyada1988

Feb 20, 2013
What a hot device! I have heard the news that HTC has applied the patent of a dual-screen slider phone and I just wonder if this upgrade of butterfly will use the technology.

snipervn

Nov 2, 2009
Hà Nội
Butterfly coming to Germany and Austria in May 2013.

They say it will be the waterproof (Spritzwasserschutz) model without LTE. So it won't be the x920d I had because it wasn't waterproof. Might be an european version of the J Butterfly which could be great, the J Butterfly got S-OFF!!!

Please use google translate or the likes, links are in german (original ones):

Germany

Austria

forelli

HTC butterfly x920d is water resistance IPX5. Pls understand your phone by reading it's specifications and the Buterfly box of this forum..
For you ref:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=39617479&postcount=6

I have tried to put my x920d under shower, no problem at all.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.