[Q] HTC One Stuck Pixels - Anyone Else?

Have you got any stuck pixels on HTC One screen?

• NO stuck pixels.

Votes: 91 32.9%
  • YES, one stuck pixel.

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • YES, two or more stuck pixels.

Votes: 86 31.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

gsw2

Sep 13, 2009
Melbourne
It used to be the case that for TVs and monitors the manufacturers quoted a defect rate for which they don't allow return. Something like 1 dead/stuck pixel in the middle and 3 on the edges. I'm not sure what has changed since then, it's obviously harder to manufacture smaller pixels, as well as an increased pixel count and smaller pixels. That's not very satisfying, but it seems that people are getting replacements with just one stuck pixel now.

I guess over time these things tend to improve because most companies employ quality control procedures.

That is really interesting, thank you. It would be interesting to see HTC's policy. My One just arrived this morning, a day before the actual release date here in Aus :) I'll report back with if it has stuck pixels or not, fingers crossed, I don't think I could live with even 1 stuck pixel, wherever it is.
An fyi, my S/N is HT34Axxxxxxx.

EDIT: Just an update, I have no stuck pixels, at the moment at least.

Last edited:

kinetic758

Jan 13, 2010
Just came back from Sprint to swap out my HTC One. Thankfully, the new handset has zero stuck or dead pixels.

Unfortunately, I did notice a blue stuck pixel that only seems to show up in the camera app and in photos taken in low light. I'm assuming this is a problem with the camera sensor. Probably won't do another swap since the pixel is located to the very right and I don't want to risk getting another unit with bad pixels.

onlinejobwork

Aug 31, 2008
LONDON
OnePlus 8T
I'm on my third HTC second and third one got stuck pixel I returned 2nd one because of visible and big stuck pixel but keep the third one it's got only tiny one and visible only when using camera in black background or pixel testing app.

Send from HTC ONE

Koga

Jul 16, 2007
Yep -- I've got a dead pixel (black speck -- not dust) in the upper left. Sprint is sending out a replacement. Honestly I am not looking forward to it. From what I've read -- odds are the replacement will be worse and then I'll have to explain to Sprint that I'm keeping the original and returning the replacement. Sounds like a recipe for disaster. Oh well!

More to the point -- and like others have stated here -- it's weird because it's not just a single pixel.. It looks like a pixel, but it's too big to be a pixel. I don't have a microscope to determine how many are affected, or if there's actually physical damage to the LCD panel affecting a cluster of pixels.

Last edited:

livetag

Dec 3, 2008
Wolverhampton
Yep -- I've got a dead pixel (black speck -- not dust) in the upper left. Sprint is sending out a replacement. Honestly I am not looking forward to it. From what I've read -- odds are the replacement will be worse and then I'll have to explain to Sprint that I'm keeping the original and returning the replacement. Sounds like a recipe for disaster. Oh well!

More to the point -- and like others have stated here -- it's weird because it's not just a single pixel.. It looks like a pixel, but it's too big to be a pixel. I don't have a microscope to determine how many are affected, or if there's actually physical damage to the LCD panel affecting a cluster of pixels.

I have exactly the same issue - it cannot be a single pixel, it is too visible if you know what I mean. It may be 4 together in a square? I am unsure if I should return it but I also have a gap issue and the top edge of the screen is slightly raised hehe.

Last edited:

babakmaham

Mar 15, 2006
tehran
i am wondering about what they do with this build quality?!!!
gaps.overhangs.dead pixels.recessed power botton.camera issues.!!!
sorry about this but this phone has been selling nearby 900 $ in my country!!!

Last edited:

Ken4G

Sep 7, 2011
Buffalo, NY USA
I found a 3 stuck pixels on mine last night when I went to take some camera shots in the dark. The only time I see these white pixels is on a black screen with high brightness in the dark. I bothers me to know they are there and the phone isn't "perfect", but I'm not sure its enough to take back to ATT. Still contemplating.

For those that did take back to ATT, what did you do, just go to a store and swap it right there? They'll unwrap one and power it up for you to examine?

My wife's One also has one pixel, but it seems way brighter than my 3. With mine, you almost have to angle the phone a certain way to see them. You would never notice them in normal use.

lilfurbal

May 2, 2009
Seems my HTC one has one stuck red pixel. It's noticeable at 60% and below brightness. For some reason it completely goes away at 100% brightness, can't see it anywhere, but it comes right back at 60%. Was unable to find information regarding stuck pixels going away at max brightness, this seems goofy to me.

I have no interest in exchanging it out for another or returning. This pixel didn't exist til a week after I got it anyway, so I could exchange for another that appears perfect at first then may get even more stuck pixels. Gamble, and a waste of time, and money paying to ship it back where I got it from. In the end, what works for me, is the realization that we do not live in a perfect world. Expecting any electronic device to resemble perfection is simply asking too much. I have yet to experience complete perfection, whether it through a $1200 ultrabook, $2,000 tv or a $200 phone. It will be replaced in a couple years :)

Also in my case if I want to watch a video without it being there I just bump the brightness to 100%... weird.

tom369

Apr 18, 2011
Hi,

I need your advice - could you take a look at the pictures below and tell me whether this is/are dead pixel(s), stuck pixel(s) or something else? I'm not an expert at this and wondering whether to send the phone back or not so advice appreciated. And this small bright point is not visible on black background at all.

photo1mlc.jpg

Here's the rest of the pictures:
http://imageshack.us/a/img541/716/photo1xf.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img442/9253/photo2mo.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img580/4342/photo3obm.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img819/9673/photo4lp.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img194/3940/photo5arx.jpg

ipmanwck

Does anyone know who makes the screens ??? And why dead pixels happen.

I am re buying the htc one after my S4 disappointed me. Lol. Sent my one back due to all these faults but the camera was so amazing I miss it ;) I hope I get a good one thia time.....pleassseeee.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda premium

kjfan985

Feb 3, 2013
I also have some stuck pixel's but I bought my phone off eBay so unless HTC helps me out im sol

coupetastic-droid

Dec 25, 2010
cali
Hi,

I need your advice - could you take a look at the pictures below and tell me whether this is/are dead pixel(s), stuck pixel(s) or something else? I'm not an expert at this and wondering whether to send the phone back or not so advice appreciated. And this small bright point is not visible on black background at all.

Wow! How in the hell did you manage to see that man. Are you looking for these under a microscope or what?

Sent from my HTC myTouch 4g using xda premium

Koga

Jul 16, 2007
Well, my replacement from Sprint arrived today. Glad I didn't get my hopes up as the replacement had a piece of dust trapped under the screen so big I could see it without even turning it on. Going to keep my original and just know it could be worse so I'm happy as is.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

kjfan985

Feb 3, 2013
My htc one doe's not have the "buzz sound" how do I check for this? Also I have 4 gead/stuck pixles when looking at the camera in dark but that is the only time you can see them expect for one that you can see only on black screen's but it is right in the middle...phone is find otherwise besides that I bought it off ebay so I can't return it as easy as some of you guy's and play the luck game any one else just going to keep there's any way?

millicent

Apr 25, 2012
Montreal
Not sure if it is widely known, shouldn't hurt mentioning it again: for stuck or bright pixels try those pixel fixers. They really work. Had two pixels only visible on black background on more than 50 % brightness in a dark room. Even then they were only visible when looking from a side. 30 mins or so of those colored flashes seems to have fixed them both.

Cheers

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Koga

Jul 16, 2007
Recently posted about my replacement arriving with dust under the screen. I asked for a replacement because my original had what I thought was a dead pixel. Well, took the original outside today and looked at it in the sun. Turns out the problem with the original is not a dead pixel. It's DUST too! Smaller than the dust in the replacement, but dust nevertheless. Seriously, why don't they assemble these displays in proper clean rooms. This is nuts.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Pixel Fixer

there's an app in Play Store by the name of Pixel Fixer or something like that. There are a few free versions you could try identify if there is any dead pixels and it'll try to fix them. It worked for my old Motorola Defy, it might work for the One.

EDIT: sorry, it fixes stuck pixels...dead pixels are, well, basically dead...can't do anything about those.
    After reading all these posts, it looks like the majority of the units are defective, and the people who claim theirs are perfect, probably aren't looking hard enough because they don't want to find any.

Regardless, nothing in this life is perfect, so you might as well get used to any imperfections on your phone and claim that phone as your own!
    I have 7 dead pixels. This is crap. Wondering now as lots of people have this issue if HTC are cutting corners to make extra profits.

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium
    So sad. Also keep pressing 3 dot menu when trying to press spacebar is so annoying.

Mine is going back and getting s4. Wanted a change and regret it.

Sending mine back Monday. Getting s4