Trying to get Unlocked bootloader

Search This thread

mavermc

Dec 21, 2008
It's been 3 days I've been up and down the forums, was on CM11, dirty flashed over the nebulas, ran into a few problems decided to go back and make it a clean flash, got 4.1.1, couldn't find one CASUAL that worked, went to 4.1.2, same problem, Yes i tried other cables, other computers, no difference.

Then updated 4.3 boot looped all kinds of problems tried Nand Erase All, didn't work, one way or another root66 stopped working. nothing would flash, it would all fail or if it did say it worked it just boot looped,

I605VRUEMJ9_I605VZWEMJ9_I605VRUEMJ9_HOME.tar.md5

To work. So now I'm 4.3 Stock, with no root.

I want to get back to Nebulas,

I want to take this step by step because it's been a nightmare and I can't find any solutions to questions that have been asked before.

From what I research the next step is to flash:

sch-i605-16gb.pit file
+
KIES_HOME_I605VRAMC3_I605VZWAMC3_1098177_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.md5

But when I try I get sboot.bin fail. Got a tip somewhere to flash the just the PIT, this actually fixed it without needing to flash anything else.

Now I know I'm down grading so it's going to boot loop because nothing is compatible. Boot into recovery and do a wipe to fix that. I boot into the OS just to make sure I'm doing 4.1.2. Which it is. and enable usb debugging.

Now to root and bootloader.

I try the newest verison of CASUAL R991b-JenkinsBuild

I get Error Failed to confirm end of pit file transfer

Pit Upladoing Failed

ok, so I pull battery and reboot. Trying R515b because that's the one in the tutorial:

I get Pit upload successful

Error: Bootloader upload failed!

This corrupt the bootloader and it will fail the boot, taking a step back and reflashing the mc3 fixes this.

Then I try this tip "most times you will need to delete and uninstall the Samsung Mobile usb from your Computer's device manager while ur device is connected already in download mode. i failed several times to execute casual successfully until i did this and it worked like charm!"

That didn't do anything, Tried verision 535 same results.

Said screw that I'll just flash some Root and recovery. But it always fails to flash recovery.img or if i put in the PIT and say repartition it will fail after the NAND Write Start. I've tried

openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.1-t0ltevzw.img

CF-Auto-Root-t0ltevzw-t0ltevzw-schi605.tar.md5

philz_touch_6.07.9-i605.tar.md5

and none work.

Any idea what I should do at this point? Everything fails the only thing I can do is flash 4.1.2 and 4.3 reliable.

TonikJDK

Dec 9, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
In the middle there you say at one point you were stock 4.3. If that is correct you are done. Currently you can not unlock 4.3. You can only root with Kingo.

mavermc

Dec 21, 2008
In the middle there you say at one point you were stock 4.3. If that is correct you are done. Currently you can not unlock 4.3. You can only root with Kingo.

But right now I'm on 4.1.2, I flashed back to that. that's where i've been trying to find a way to get to the next step.

TonikJDK

Dec 9, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
But right now I'm on 4.1.2, I flashed back to that. that's where i've been trying to find a way to get to the next step.

You are unable to flash a recovery because your bootloader is locked, from when you flashed 4.3. That was game over. How you got part way back to 4.1.2 I don't know, but be careful. I would flash back to 4.3, root it and hope someone unlocks the bootloader for 4.3

mavermc

Dec 21, 2008
You are unable to flash a recovery because your bootloader is locked, from when you flashed 4.3. That was game over. How you got part way back to 4.1.2 I don't know, but be careful. I would flash back to 4.3, root it and hope someone unlocks the bootloader for 4.3

Well that really sucks, with this soft root, any chance I could atleast get back my NFC on while screen off?

mike7728

Nov 1, 2012
Xenia
u can. look for the exposed installer, I seen it on here somewhere. theres a option for nfc on with screen off on it. I'll try to remember where I seen it and post for ya.

mavermc

Dec 21, 2008
Any idea how to get the features from the other roms in this? like smart scrolling with your eyes and the other features that the [ROM] N3BULA [MJ9] has snuck in from the note 3?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is no unlock method on any 4.3 Samsung device that I'm aware of.