[Q] Screen totalled (?) problem
My i9300's screen has recently stopped working, in three phases -
1. The screen started to show a white vertical line on the right of the screen.
2. The screen has turned completely black (touch still works + could see the text in a dark room).
3. Screen is black, turning in on shows a green light on the right of the screen. Touch still works (current state).
The phone did not suffer from any fragile before these screen issues.
I am trying to understand what the problem is, and whether a new screen will be required.
Another (related, obviously) question is about the warranty.
I purchased the phone in a UK shop which only provides 1-year warranty (which expired).
I also have a SAMSUNG warranty card, which states 24-months warranty. My phone is rooted and the warranty card is empty (shop didn't fill in its details).
1. Do any of you recognize the problem, and can suggest how to fix it (which parts should be replaced).
2. Do you have tips I could use for the Samsung warranty? Will Samsung care if the phone is rooted when fixing a hardware issue? Would they even accept a phone from me directly (and not from a retailer)?
Thanks alot for your time.