[ROM][4.1.2]Stock Jelly Bean LG-E973/1/5/0 [Canada edition][International]

Search This thread

Jank4AU

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
I think you should keep to the AT&T thread.. IT's more popular there and bound to get some answers.

Yeah, you're probably right. Just figured since I downloaded it here...
I'll post my question over there. Now I'll probably get accused of spamming the board with the same question in multiple threads! :D

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

hellot1M

Jul 15, 2010
the mms from post 2 is inverted.. can someone point me to one that is not inverted that will work for stock? most i find are ones modified to work with their stock or unless running cm or aokp...

neuroh

May 10, 2011
San Jose
Quick Question

Did polaris office not come with this build? I really like it even though I have quick office pro, I tended to use polaris more. Was just wondering if that got the ax in the debloating or if it was never on the build at all. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

This is a great rom but without being able to use my 64gb sd card, going back to stock. Which is little more complicated when you can access your sd card.

DaMeatMan

Aug 12, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Can anyone post a compatible source that would allow me to install Jelly Bean keyboard on this ROM? It seems the stock jelly bean keyboard was removed and there is only the option of LG.

When it comes to keyboard, i would rather use the stock one from google rather then a third party one.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

dbgeek

Mar 8, 2011
Atlanta
Can anyone post a compatible source that would allow me to install Jelly Bean keyboard on this ROM? It seems the stock jelly bean keyboard was removed and there is only the option of LG.

When it comes to keyboard, i would rather use the stock one from google rather then a third party one.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Did you go to Language and Inputs, in the settings menu? JB Keyoard is in there but you have to select it, so it's available to you in your apps.

DaMeatMan

Aug 12, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Did you go to Language and Inputs, in the settings menu? JB Keyoard is in there but you have to select it, so it's available to you in your apps.

I did check in Language & Input, however i only have LG Keyboard, and Google voice typing available. There is no indication of Android keyboard anywhere.

Can you confirm on what version you confirmed that it is in there?

I am on Rogers with an E971 using the latest Feb 8 release. Can anyone else on this version confirm that the Android keyboard does exist in this build? If so, i can attempt a reflash, however i did follow all instructions down to the letter when flashing.

bostonirishguy13

Mar 17, 2008
Boston
Just flashed the AT&T version, coming from V03. Followed instructions:
MANDATORY
CWM - v14.4.5 (i personally use this 1) / v14.4.6 / v14.4.7
factory reset / wipe
wipe cache
wipe dalvik
format system
install rom
enjoy!

Phone does not boot. Sticks at the LG logo.

Do I have to LGNPST back to stock? Is there a key combo to get into recovery?

l337krew

Jan 21, 2009
Did polaris office not come with this build? I really like it even though I have quick office pro, I tended to use polaris more. Was just wondering if that got the ax in the debloating or if it was never on the build at all. Thanks.

I found this on one of the other LGOG subforums, I am NOT the original creator.. I just cant find the original thread anymore

Backup apk of polaris office from Korean version JB:
http://db.tt/ZSHUOLEK

I did check in Language & Input, however i only have LG Keyboard, and Google voice typing available. There is no indication of Android keyboard anywhere.

Here's android 4.2 keyboard - same features of JB 4.1.2 but includes a trace function. Download the one for non-aosp roms:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1964663

The phone has an inivisible menu in fastboot.

Turn off your phone and hold volume up while powering back up. Once you get to fastboot mode press volume down twice and then tap power.

Last edited:

bostonirishguy13

Mar 17, 2008
Boston
Just flashed the AT&T version, coming from V03. Followed instructions:
MANDATORY
factory reset / wipe
wipe cache
wipe dalvik
format system
install rom
enjoy!

Took the sd card out, put it in fastboot, then hit power button, and it booted into CWM. Popped sd card back in, and restored to my original stock backup.

Perhaps my download of houstonn's ATT was corrupted?

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

Has anyone successfully installed houstonn's ATT rom? Just checking before I redownload and try it again.

geokilla

Jun 5, 2010
Toronto
Took the sd card out, put it in fastboot, then hit power button, and it booted into CWM. Popped sd card back in, and restored to my original stock backup.

Perhaps my download of houstonn's ATT was corrupted?

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

Has anyone successfully installed houstonn's ATT rom? Just checking before I redownload and try it again.

Ask in AT&T forums? It has probably a thousand posts... Scroll up for link. I'm sure a handful of people are using it at the very least.

K

KevinRblz

are there any mirrors? The rom is downloading extremely slow :0

edit: I'm specifically in need of the at&t version

Last edited:

dbgeek

Mar 8, 2011
Atlanta

I've installed all 4 on my phone and with the exception of minor issues, that have decreased in number with each version (ext sd can't be seen in Windows Explorer, but can be accessed via adb, when usb connected, is the only remaining one), they've all worked very well.

houstonn

Sep 18, 2012
Ontario
SCREENSHOTS

1.png
8.png
3.png
4.png

5.png
6.png
7.png
9.png

Reactions: Pony Express

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stock 4.1.2 Jelly Bean LG-E973/1/5/0 Canada / At&t / Int'l Edition
    LG-optimusG_jellybean_h.png

Finally!!! some Jelly Bean Buttery Lovin..... Possibly the best JB for the LG Optimus G!!!
    joint work with sk8erwitskil to build AT&T & Canadian Edition

Features:

• E975 base (LG build date Jan.18.2013 tw/hk)
      New Releases based off LG JB build date Jan.23.2013
      rooted
      su / supersu
      busybox
      stock
      carrier debloat
      quickboot
      etc. etc. etc. I'll let you know as I remember

Install Instructions: - Assuming you've rooted & unlocked already

• MANDATORY
      factory reset / wipe
      wipe cache
      wipe dalvik
      format system
      install rom
      enjoy!

If you want to use TWRP install CWM latest first then flash rom then you can switch afterwards.

Mandatory that you do a clean Install

Versions:

• Jan.31.2013-initial releases
      Feb.2.2013 - v0.2
      Feb.3.2013 - v0.3 Canada
      Feb.8.2013 - AT&T gets it's own releasae
      Feb.8.2013 - Canada gets new release
      Feb.13.2013 - AT&T gets a new base version to try

Debloated Custom Version - [Canadian] - NEW RELEASE
    V0.3
    >> DOWNLOAD HERE<<

New Canadian Release - Jan.8.2013
    >> DOWNLOAD HERE <<
    Out of box is Bell - there's Rogers & Telus build.prop renamed in the original folder.. just rename them to using appropiate carrier

Debloated Custom AT&T - [AT&T] - NEW RELEASE V2 - feb.13.2013
    initial release
    >> DOWNLOAD HERE << flash just the rom no need to flash anything else

release 2 - new rom base
    >> DOWNLOAD HERE << - thanks JohnCorleone for hosting

Sprint Debloated Preview - [AlphaTesting]
    testing release
    >> TESTING VERSION <<
    UPDATE: SPRINT KERNEL - Flash Rom first then kenel
    feb.5 - please try this sprint built 3.4 JB kernel >>HERE[/URL] <<
    SPRINT UPDATE test2 in on the second post

Bloated International Version - [Hong Kong / Taiwan / Australia / Korean]
    initial release
    >> DOWNLOAD HERE <<
    thanks sk8 for hosting this for me.

REMEMBER to go into settings / keyboard & input to change
    language & also your keyboard language layout

EXTRAS - all cwm flashable
    • Stock Google Talk that was removed >> HERE <<

Aosp 4.2 mms - forgot origin to thank >> HERE <<

Aosp 4.2 deskclock -by gnufabio >> HERE <<

Cpu (not necessarily needed) >> HERE << --- thanks to lkinansr92
      This fixes the CPU getting stuck at 1188Mhz and Brightness not going higher then 63%

Thanks

• Shelnutt2
      Sk8
      Chadouming
      Snowleopardjb
      Elisha - for experimatal testings etc
      JohnCorleone - hosting mirror
      irc #lg-optimus-g
    UPDATES:

• V0.2
      -trimmed down alittle more. mostly just google stuff you guys can redownload from store
      -added AT&T apns
      -4.2 aosp MMS (stock is still there)

• V0.3
      -debloated like V0.2 (took out deskclock & mms 4.2 u can guys can flash separately I wanted to keep close to stock as possible)
      -added AT&T / BELL / TELUS / ROGES apns all together from original LG's apn list
      -few other changes
      -other things i''ve forgotten
    Feb.08

• AT&T gets it's own separate ROM. No need to flash anything else but the rom itself.. (Based off new LG build date Jan.23.2013)

- Canada gets new release - Bell build.prop is initially on first. there's backup of telus & rogers just rename build.prop to build.prop.bak and rename the one corresponding to your carrier

feb.13 - AT&T gets new base to try

• AT&T SCREENSHOTS V2

1.png
      8.png
      3.png
      4.png

5.png
      6.png
      7.png
      9.png

Initial Rom Release Screenshot

optimus-g-intl.png

SPRINT UPDATE: TEST BETA 2:
    CPU+Screen_Brightness Fix

This fixes the CPU getting stuck at 1188Mhz and Brightness not going higher then 63%
    Download and place this file to system/etc and set permissions (644) http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?70ij78x8ab577d0
    I guess I can assume that when I was making the roms and it always stuck for me was cause I already had mine all setup properly for all the phones I was flashing..

I'll make flashable zips for you guys. I need the build.prop from an ATT the someone has changed and worked..
    I'll do the same for Rogers and Telus

and for SaskTel, someone can send me their build prop.. I am very busy working on aosp we have a bunch of merges and hopefully having fixed a bunch of things.

It has been time comsuming trying to please every variant. SnowLeopard is gonna work on things here on for ATT to maybe finalized everything for you guys since I don't own an att.. I've been building these roms blind and been trying as much as I can so you all can enjoy what LG should be giving us already. Please be patient and just report fixes and certain bugs.. just please search and don't double post bugs we already know as I hate cluttering up this thread..

As for Sprint.. I know I didn't post in your fourms.. I just didn't want to take any attention away from whatever is going on over there. I don't frequent sprint and att forums. Please let me know of all your findings of bugs so I can further provide you with a better release. It's hard working blind.
    There's been a few requests for the LG Backup App so I took it from the International version and made a CWM zip.
    Fair warning - this is the first time I did anything like this so feel free to backup before applying it, but its just a file copy and I installed it without problem on my OG running the debloated version.... or you can just take the .apk and .odex files out of the zip and manually copy them to the /system/app folder and reboot.

I also extracted the apks for Polaris Office, the super awesome Quick Translator, and the dictionary for the translator (i think?), which were also requested at some point.