Rooting HTC Wildfire with HBOOT 6.01.1002, HELP!

Search This thread

Ikram232

Sep 21, 2013
Hello, some of you may know I posted a thread before because I wanted to downgrade my HTC Wildfire to STOCK Android 2.2. Well, I don't want it anymore, I want the Revoulutionary MOD back, so I can use RemPuzzle again, that was super awesome. Here is the specific one that I had before:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=978197

I really missed it so much and I wanna go back to it. HOWEVER, I am on HBOOT 6.01.1002 and many people not to perform the Revoulutionary MOD thing while having a different HBOOT than 1.01.0001, Someone help me get my REMPUZZLE back! Please, if you are viewing this now, PLEASE drop a reply and help me!

Here is my details about my HTC Wildfire:

BUZZ PVT SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT- 6.01.1002
MICROP-8622
TOUCH PANEL- ATMEL_16ac
RADIO- 3.35.20.10
Nov 17 2010, 12:00:53

Android 2.2 (FROYO) HTC Stock (Sense)

Any help will be appreciated, thank you for reading!

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
You need to reflash clockworkmod recovery, make a nandroid back up, wipe all and then install rempuzzle.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

eventcom

Jan 13, 2012
Instead of starting a new thread,read the guidelines and do some research.Don't expect anybody to spoonfeed you.
I hope you know something known as "GOOGLE".;)
Umm, keep calm ;) If he has a completely different issue there's nothing against the guidelines. Regarding googling and searching the forum I have to say that the guides for rooting and s-off have become a total mess as the better ones haven't made sticky and are buried under crap stuff like one click and such. And finding the right stuff (which isn't outdated already) for a specific HBOOT started to become a bit complicated.

That's the reason I always appreciated the helpful people in the Buzz forum (like heavymetal man who doesn't even own a Willy anymore AFAIK) because sometimes Googling and searching might not be safe enough - you'll need to hear about the experience ;)
Therefore you're right with the eesence of what you probably might have wanted to say: READ, READ, LISTEN, LISTEN, DOUBLECHECK and most important: use your brain (if any) :D

Oh, and while looking into the recommendation I must say, that (relatively new) guide of akulgupta100 really looks good (but didn't go deeper - no time).

Ikram232

Sep 21, 2013
Reading and learning will make you much more independent and enable you to help others here :) read this lovely guide here and follow from post 4, after you have set up adb/fastboot.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2586564

I do not really know what to do, I bought this phone second handed and it already had CyanogenMod 7 installed and the Revolutionary MOD installed. I just unrooted (Don't know if that's a real word) the phone and now I want to reinstall Revolutionary so I can install Rempuzzle onto my HTC Wildfire. What step do I start? Post 4 does not (maybe) help me!

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
I do not really know what to do, I bought this phone second handed and it already had CyanogenMod 7 installed and the Revolutionary MOD installed. I just unrooted (Don't know if that's a real word) the phone and now I want to reinstall Revolutionary so I can install Rempuzzle onto my HTC Wildfire. What step do I start? Post 4 does not (maybe) help me!

OK, I will explain things for you :) you already have revolutionary on the phone, that's a plus. Since your phone is s-off you can now flash a custom recovery And through that gain root access or a custom ROM like cyanogenmod.
In order to do most android development, ROM flashing or android debugging we use two tools. They are called adb and fastboot. Both of these are used from the windows command prompt to issue commands to the phone over USB. You must download these to flash custom ROMs. If you go to the first post in the linked thread you will end up with a working and folder. You can use YouTube to look up on and if you want to know more.

Next you will need to flash the custom recovery from fastboot. This is discussed in post 4 of that thread. After youtubing about and follow post 4 and it will help you flash clockworkmod.

After that you will probably want to pick a custom ROM. Select one from the development section, use rempuzzle if you like the htc sense style or cyanogenmod 7 (cm7) if you want pure android (but make sure to flash gapps as well. (Gapps stands for Google apps and has the play store ect) ) always follow the recommended install instructions in the development thread. And most importantly once you have installed cwm make a nandroid back up! This is a full back up of your phone and if things mess up you will need it :)

Ikram232

Sep 21, 2013
OK, I will explain things for you :) you already have revolutionary on the phone, that's a plus. Since your phone is s-off you can now flash a custom recovery And through that gain root access or a custom ROM like cyanogenmod.
In order to do most android development, ROM flashing or android debugging we use two tools. They are called adb and fastboot. Both of these are used from the windows command prompt to issue commands to the phone over USB. You must download these to flash custom ROMs. If you go to the first post in the linked thread you will end up with a working and folder. You can use YouTube to look up on and if you want to know more.

Next you will need to flash the custom recovery from fastboot. This is discussed in post 4 of that thread. After youtubing about and follow post 4 and it will help you flash clockworkmod.

After that you will probably want to pick a custom ROM. Select one from the development section, use rempuzzle if you like the htc sense style or cyanogenmod 7 (cm7) if you want pure android (but make sure to flash gapps as well. (Gapps stands for Google apps and has the play store ect) ) always follow the recommended install instructions in the development thread. And most importantly once you have installed cwm make a nandroid back up! This is a full back up of your phone and if things mess up you will need it :)

Well, I did get the Recovery menu but I did it in a simpler way. Now I am downloading the RemPuzzle app and about to install it!

optimusodd

Mar 15, 2011
Umm, keep calm ;) If he has a completely different issue there's nothing against the guidelines. Regarding googling and searching the forum I have to say that the guides for rooting and s-off have become a total mess as the better ones haven't made sticky and are buried under crap stuff like one click and such. And finding the right stuff (which isn't outdated already) for a specific HBOOT started to become a bit complicated.

That's the reason I always appreciated the helpful people in the Buzz forum (like heavymetal man who doesn't even own a Willy anymore AFAIK) because sometimes Googling and searching might not be safe enough - you'll need to hear about the experience ;)
Therefore you're right with the eesence of what you probably might have wanted to say: READ, READ, LISTEN, LISTEN, DOUBLECHECK and most important: use your brain (if any) :D

Oh, and while looking into the recommendation I must say, that (relatively new) guide of akulgupta100 really looks good (but didn't go deeper - no time).

Hmmm right.There are many guys here on XDA who are always willing to help (including heavymetal and you).I appreciate that.It's always good to share your knowledge and help the people who need some guidance.I just don't like the people who take you for granted and expect you to spoonfeed them.They have a knack of starting a new thread for every question.e.g Oh please somebody tell me what is rooting ?For heaven's sake what the hell are you doing here if you don't even bother to educate yourself.At least learn the basics.No but they won't do that.These losers sign in on xda once or twice in a year just to ask silly questions.They never bother to troubleshoot the problems of other members.
Following quote shows how much these people know about the ROOT.SMH

eventcom

Jan 13, 2012
Explained well @heavy_metal_man besides one thing
Both of these are used from the windows command prompt to issue commands to the phone over USB.
Ahem we could also use the brand new & hot stuff... but evil as I am I just throw it in and leave you alone to collect the garbage :D

I just don't like the people who take you for granted and expect you to spoonfeed them.They have a knack of starting a new thread for every question.e.g Oh please somebody tell me what is rooting ?
Well, it seems that now (your quote) you could say that as it turns out that it matches 50% of your suspicion :D - but initially that hasn't been clear (from a neutral perspective at least). Additionally some people simply aren't used to how to behave in a forum... ;)
And please don't tell people they should use Google for general education on things they don't have an idea of - that easily leads into even more serious problems to solve
icon8.gif

Reactions: heavy_metal_man

Ikram232

Sep 21, 2013
Explained well @heavy_metal_man besides one thingAhem we could also use the brand new & hot stuff... but evil as I am I just throw it in and leave you alone to collect the garbage :D

Well, it seems that now (your quote) you could say that as it turns out that it matches 50% of your suspicion :D - but initially that hasn't been clear (from a neutral perspective at least). Additionally some people simply aren't used to how to behave in a forum... ;)
And please don't tell people they should use Google for general education on things they don't have an idea of - that easily leads into even more serious problems to solve
icon8.gif

Oh, sorry guys for not replying but I finally installed Rempuzzle, thanks for the help!

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
Oh, sorry guys for not replying but I finally installed Rempuzzle, thanks for the help!

LLOOOOOOONG delay but im glad your all sorted out pal :)
@eventcom xda's mention system didn't mention that comment to me ;) in my opinion these kinds of programs are great when you know how they function to begin with. they can really speed things up but I am a lover of adb/fastboot. I guess I enjoy putting the code in myself too much :p
oh, and i got a new wildfire a few weeks ago for a good price £15! so i am currently testing roms and stuff in the background :cowboy:

Reactions: eventcom

eventcom

Jan 13, 2012
in my opinion these kinds of programs are great when you know how they function to begin with. they can really speed things up
absolutely, I agree, @heavy_metal_man
but I am a lover of adb/fastboot. I guess I enjoy putting the code in myself too much :p
Oh, just in case you missed it: you still could do that from within Droid Manager ;)
oh, and i got a new wildfire a few weeks ago for a good price £15! so i am currently testing roms and stuff in the background :cowboy:
Ha, that's news! So I could be back to you askin' which ROM to try next :D

Reactions: heavy_metal_man

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Reading and learning will make you much more independent and enable you to help others here :) read this lovely guide here and follow from post 4, after you have set up adb/fastboot.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2586564

Explained well @heavy_metal_man besides one thing
    Both of these are used from the windows command prompt to issue commands to the phone over USB.
    Ahem we could also use the brand new & hot stuff... but evil as I am I just throw it in and leave you alone to collect the garbage :D

I just don't like the people who take you for granted and expect you to spoonfeed them.They have a knack of starting a new thread for every question.e.g Oh please somebody tell me what is rooting ?
    icon8.gif

LLOOOOOOONG delay but im glad your all sorted out pal :)
    @eventcom xda's mention system didn't mention that comment to me ;) in my opinion these kinds of programs are great when you know how they function to begin with. they can really speed things up but I am a lover of adb/fastboot. I guess I enjoy putting the code in myself too much :p
    in my opinion these kinds of programs are great when you know how they function to begin with. they can really speed things up
    absolutely, I agree, @heavy_metal_man
    but I am a lover of adb/fastboot. I guess I enjoy putting the code in myself too much :p
    Oh, just in case you missed it: you still could do that from within Droid Manager ;)
    Ha, that's news! So I could be back to you askin' which ROM to try next :D