[Q] Would like to customize the phone a little bit, just not sure how
There are a few things that really bug me about the Touchwiz software.
1) The ridiculous color scheme/non-standardization between pages. For instance, the new apk install menu is just horrid to look at, as well as certain pop-up confirmation buttons. Is there any easy way to change these so that they more reflect AOSP?
2) The messaging application and the widget that appears on the lock screen when you have a missed phone call/text message. I was wanting to use Dashclock widget on the homescreen to replicate this purpose, but no matter what, I can't find a way to disable that widget that always appears. Is there a way to remove it?
3) This sorta ties along with #2, but when you use a pattern on the lock screen, you can't use a stand alone widget, Samsung automatically takes over and uses it's own. I know it's possible to use pattern and a widget (I can do it on the GE Rom, and my Nexus 7), is there a way duplicate this process?
4) Is there a way to replace the TW messaging app with an AOSP messaging application?
5) The pull down notification bar, is there any way to make it look more like AOSP?
There are things that I love both about TW and AOSP, and unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a rom (in my opinion) that compliments both of the features that they consist of nicely. I don't have the knowledge (or the time at the moment with school coming up) to try and build my own rom that would enjoy the features that I would want. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this process. I would be forever grateful.