Help, possible bricked A100
I was trying to go back to stock ICS and cwm recovery. When I tried to go back, I was currently rooted, running twrp recovery and a custome rom (carbon). I followed this procedure:
The simple method to revert back to stock ICS from a custom ROM on an A100.
+++Locked bootloader, no custom recovery, no root. Full stock .014 rom. It will recieve OTA updates to latest Acer version.+++
1) Download this flashable Stock recovery zip, and place in your normal flashing location, - Thx 4 help pio
Also uploaded below
2) Download the Official .014 Stock ICS rom
The stock ICS zip from zeronull. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1611696
Here is a second link to it. http://ubuntuone.com/7DZtbNqZzOk7qsaQxNk99a
- thx zleto
3) Rename the Stock ICS rom to "update.zip", no quotes (make sure you have "hide known file extensions" UNCHECKED, in the folder options). And place it on the root of your microSD card. This will allow you to see the file extension to verify that it is named properly.
Get it Done
1) Flash the Stock recovery zip with your custom recovery. Then wipe cache, davlik cache, and wipe data/factory reset.
2) Reboot to system.
3) Allow it to sit for 5 minutes or so.
4) Then Power off.
5) Update from the microSD card by holding down the power and volume rocker closest to the corner at the same time, until you see "erasing cache .".. ect, ect. The stock rom install should start by itself, dont touch anything, wait for it to reboot.
****** If it won't boot do a factory reset (with the hardware buttons, see below) and/or try to reflash the ics rom one more time. ******
To perform a Factory Data Reset use the following steps:
1.Place the rotation lock switch in the up position (tablet held in portrait). Or to the left if held in landscape.
2.Press and hold the Volume down button, which is located farthest from the corner (it is volume up, if held in landscape).
3.With the Volume down button held, press and hold the Power button for 3 seconds then release it. Continue holding the Volume down button.
4.Once the tablet vibrates, switch the rotation lock on and off repeatedly while still holding the Volume down button.
5.Release the Volume down button and stop switching the rotation lock once the "Erasing Userdata..." message appears in the upper left corner of the screen
Now I get the android symbol with the red triangle, that stays for about a minute, then it reboots and stays on thye acer screen. When I did the steps and was going to reboot, I received a waring while in recovery sayiny that I dont have a op installed. I did it anyway, as posted and now I'm stuck, can anyone PLEASE help me.I tried doing a reset with steps 2 though 4 but while pressing the vol up and letting go of the power button, it does not vibrate.[COLOR="Silver"]
Ok, I redownloaded the stock ICS from here http://ubuntuone.com/7DZtbNqZzOk7qsaQxNk99a
. At the end of the download, a window popped up saying this may be a malicious file. (Idownloaded it on my pc). I remember it also said the same thing when I downloaded it the first time too. I turned off the tablet, took the sd card out, put in pc and transferred the file, pulled out from pc, inserted in tablet and turned it on, still same thing with android synbol and red triangle. I tried to do a factory reset by following the steps above. I got it to say erasing userdata, then this is what it says in red, unrecoverable bootloader (ox19000008) I have no idea what this means?? Can anyone help me out with getting this back to stock ICS and recovery?? What do I do next?? Thanks
Now, when I do the same procedure but instead use the vol up button (instead of the down button), it comes up bootloader, then the version number, then starting fastboot usb protocol. I have no idea what this means??