[Q] Android Newbie, Need Help Guys
hi , i just bought a secondhand Galaxy s3 GT-I9300 , with :
Android Version of 4.1.1
Baseband Version I9300XXDLID
Kernel Version 3.0.31-368423 se.infra@SEP - 78 #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Oct 19 2012
Build Number JRO03C.I9300XXDLIH
i wanted to update via OTA .. but it says " Your Device has been modified. Software updates are not available " every time i try to update
the previous owner of the s3 has also mentioned to me that he had someone install an app called " Blackmart Alpha " which is like Google Play Store but the apps there are free according to him ... i have also seen a " SuperSu " app which i know is something that presents itself when the Android is rooted
Guys ... i want to be able to update via OTA for the upcoming release of the 4.3 Jellybean from Samsung which makes my s3 compatible with the Samsung Smart Gear Watch .. kindly help me here please
Also , i have a couple of questions .. would really appreciate it if you guys can shed some light on them : ( if you don't mind , can you kindly answer each after every question so that it makes for easier cross referencing , thanks
1. can i have an official Samsung 4.3 update , but still be able to run my s3 at speeds of up to 1.7 GHz with another kernel
2. Given that now , i am running 4.1.1 Version of Jelly Bean .. when i reset / flash ( i am not sure of the terms used specifically ) ... will it be back to Ice Cream Sandwhich again ?
3. does the " Blackmart Alpha " app have anything to do with the Google Play Store saying that " Unfortunately , the process com.google.process,gapps has stopped " every time i open Play Store ?
3.a . does the " Blackmart Alpha " app have any bearing on the flashing process .. i mean do i have to take it into consideration that a certain " Blackmart Alpha " app has been installed on the s3 .. prior to flashing ?
4. i really want to do a full clean up of the s3 ( as in everything is back to like when it was first taken out of the box ... no data , no downloaded apps ... just like a brand new phone straight out of the box ) .. is that possible ...? .. or will some data still be present in the phone even after doing a full clean up ?
5. i am not sure whether the kernel of my secondhand s3 has been changed to a custom kernel .. do i have to know first if it has indeed been changed to a custom kernel before doing any flashing of any sort to the s3 ? .. or it wouldn't really matter ..
6. i was reading about something called the efs on the faqs page .. says there : " /EFS is a partition on your phone where your IMEI code is stored. Without it your phone is an expensive PDA. Make sure to have a backup of this partition on a separate device. " My question is , do i really have to back it up .. and if yes , how do i possibly do it ?
that's all .. thank you guys for your time .. hope you can help me out here , have a great day ahead guys